I don’t get the hate that Josh Allen gets around here.

14 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Josh Allen has proved he isn't a good quarterback. He can't make the easy throw, he panics far too often, and tries to be the hero all the time. He has great mobility and a strong arm but that's it. This fanbase is oblivious because we've endured years of JP Losman, Trent Edwards, Tyrod Taylor, etc for the last 20 years that anyone that has the "potential" to be a good QB is seen as the second coming.

We have the wrong Josh Allen on our team, the real Josh Allen is down in Jacksonville.

????????? Gardner Minshew ???LMAO.

Thank god your not the GM

Edited by BuffaloBills1998
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

I love Allen, loved the lateral attempt in the playoff game too. His mindset isn't coachable. He’s entertaining and that’s why I watch. Remember Trent Edwards?

I remember the raging debate over whether receivers actually ran routes across the middle of the field because no one watching on TV could ever really tell. He never threw there, and we didn’t have the luxury of the all-22 film. Those were some dark days.

6 minutes ago, H2o said:

It's ok Bandit :thumbsup:

dont-feed-the-trolls-7351248.thumb.png.cbbc50b9bd1636da4628a7be653e1c4a.png

Oh I like to engage. I like to press folks that make such statements to see how much they actually know. It’s entirely possible that someone has a well-thought-out argument; unlikely in this case, but possible.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Oh I like to engage. I like to press folks that make such statements to see how much they actually know. It’s entirely possible that someone has a well-thought-out argument; unlikely in this case, but possible.

They don’t know. They listen to the media too much and can’t form their own opinions.

They bought into the “wrong Josh” bs and haven’t forgotten about it.

They bought into the idea that he is not accurate and ignore the fact that he has improved in that area. His rookie year he was at the bottom of the league in short to intermediate accuracy and last year he was near the top. 

They bought into the gripes about hero ball and recklessness but fail to realize he’s only 23 and still super raw. I watched a football life on Brett Favre the other night on NFL Network. I challenge everyone to go watch it while we are all barricaded in our homes. Tell me young Brett Favre doesn’t remind you almost entirely of young Allen. 

Allen was drafted as a project qb. He’s made unbelievable progress in just one offseason. If some of you want to doubt the kid, that’s on you and it’s your right. However, I’m not going to bet against him. He seems to have that “it” that makes some of them great. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

high expectations

qb is the highest paid position in the game so there is concern about the looming extension in 1-2 years

Is Josh a later bloomer can he get better with accuracy and pocket presence and avoid stupid negative plays, picks, fumbles, etc

if we dont get it right with him yeah we are kinda screwed like any other team

i think he is doing his part, the OL is solidifying, we have improved the WR positions over the past two seasons,  the schemes-plays-coaching is refining as well, I am sure the game is slowing down for him esp against good defenses and schemes

hoping for the best, but as some point a decision will be made and expect this place to have a mushroom cloud over it

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I get it he’s not perfect, but neither was Kemp, or Ferguson or even Kelly for that matter. First it’s finally we have a franchise QB now all of a sudden it’s let’s go get Watson and let Allen go so we don’t have to pay him 30 million. Like some of you guys need to make up your minds. Either your with Allen or your not. Again while Bills mafia is the best fan base in the NFL, we are also the most spoiled. Appreciate what we have and root for the guy to succeed. Things could be worse, we could still have Tyrod( I can’t throw the football) Taylor or Nathan( I cant stop throwing to the other team) Peterman. Or how about EJ Manuel or Kyle Orton or even better Jeff Tuel or Thad Lewis. I can’t imagine if Kelly’s first year in Buffalo happened in today’s game, there would probably be a million threads about running him out of town and demanding that we draft someone else. I understand being critical and even being concerned, but some of you guys need to stop being negative and back off a bit and watch and see how it all unfolds. Be patient as the kids still young and is only going into his third year in the NFL. I don’t see Cleveland or New Jersey fans coming down on their QBS as much as I see here. And in my opinion Allen is way better than Darnold and Mayfield. 

Some of us don't share your opinion. I am rooting for Josh Allen. But I don't think he has proven to be way better than Mayfield or Darnold. I have him ahead of both but they are still in a tightly grouped cluster at this stage and Jackson is ahead of all 3. 

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

Again I will ask: does anyone see any evidence to support the idea that Allen will continue to improve and elevate his game to the next level?

Now, the converse: does anyone see any evidence to support the idea that Allen will NOT continue to improve and elevate his game to the next level?

I am a fan of Josh Allen and do believe he has upside. However, if I could do the draft over I would take Watson over Allen. And if I had the choice now between Watson and Allen, even with his upside,  I would prefer Watson over JA. That's not a criticism of Allen but a statement of preference. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I am a fan of Josh Allen and do believe he has upside. However, if I could do the draft over I would take Watson over Allen. And if I had the choice now between Watson and Allen, even with his upside,  I would prefer Watson over JA. That's not a criticism of Allen but a statement of preference. 

I feel like that is something of a non sequitur.

But yes, right now that’s a fairly easy choice. A year from now who knows?

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, MOVALLEYRANDY said:

Brother, I'm not CALLING to get rid of him. all I'm saying is this ridiculous love craze for a bottom 16 QB is tiresome. I want to be wrong and I'm not an expert, though I coached in Junior College and NAIA for 17 years and my son coached FCS 8 years and is now, well until the virus happened, doing interviews for recruits @ NC State & FCS Gardner-Webb. Much rather have a QB I can trust to make the smart plays. His football IQ is so low for a guy who is so very bright. again, not hatin' but I do have eyes. 

Hope you are right brother !!!!!!

is your resume supposed to give your opinion more weight than others!  I know a lot of 4-Star Generals who are dumb as ****.  I have eyes too as well as many others here too, and I see a kid who is still tapping into his potential.  He wasn’t groomed like all these other prodigy QBs yet he’s outplaying most of them.  And for someone like you to say his football IQ is so low is nothing but biased eyes.  You don’t work with him, coach him, or even know him.  In fact, your bias and thumping of your chest says more about your insecurities than Allen.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

I feel like that is something of a non sequitur.

But yes, right now that’s a fairly easy choice. A year from now who knows?

It's my sense that Allen will never have the consistent accuracy that Watson has. That is the deciding factor for me over JA. I'm confident that the Buffalo qb will get better as time goes by. He is a hard worker and dedicated to his craft. But as a passer compared to Watson he will be more inconsistent. 

• Like (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Nobody hates Josh Allen on this board. He was the QB I wanted most. But he needs to play better. That is not hatred. That is just a fact. He improved in year two in every category. He needs to continue to get better. No reason to think he won’t, but there is no guarantee he will either.

I can think of three or four who only post so they can hate on the fella. They literally hijack threads to tell you he is not and never will be any good. You have to read very selectively to miss that. Nearly everyone agrees he has to play better and almost everyone recognizes that saying that does not equate to hate. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MOVALLEYRANDY said:

Just because he wears the best uniforms in the league doesn't mean he IS good. He is like an untamable stallion. Making plays that are great and others that are stupid. So I'm a BIG "NOT". and I have been a fan since 1965 and want to see a Lombardi before I die. It will be tough this guy.

Nonetheless, he's the best QB on the roster.  HOF QBs like Kelly are hard to find.  We'd rather have Josh under center than some random journeyman.  Let's support the guy.

Nonetheless, Josh does wear a Bills uni.  He's one of us.  He's  trying his hardest to bring us W's.  He fights for the Bills.  Let's support the guy.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I can think of three or four who only post so they can hate on the fella. They literally hijack threads to tell you he is not and never will be any good. You have to read very selectively to miss that. Nearly everyone agrees he has to play better and almost everyone recognizes that saying that does not equate to hate. 

There are equally as many who viciously attack anything that isn't absolute faith. The vast majority of posters can entertain sensible discussion and debate about Allen but there are a handful on each side who can't.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

There are equally as many who viciously attack anything that isn't absolute faith. The vast majority of posters can entertain sensible discussion and debate about Allen but there are a handful on each side who can't.

Why do you think that flak jackets are made for? ?

• Haha (+1) 1

I don't think it's good enough to look at Allen and say "it could be worse". That's a bad argument. That's what gets teams into a losing mentality and what had our team cap strapped while still losing in the past, because we had GM's that looked at a player and said "he's not the best, but hey, it could be worse. Give Fitzpatrick a fat contract."

I'm a big fan of Allen and I think he'll be here for a long time and I am confident he will improve and one day be nationally recognized as a franchise QB, and I also have confidence in Beane and McDermott. But if Allen or anyone else regresses and turns out not to be the guy, we better cut ties and find someone new. We shouldn't hold on to him just because "It could be worse". That's not a championship caliber thought process.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3