I don’t get the hate that Josh Allen gets around here.

11 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I get the hate.

The year is 2020 and if your 24 year old QB isn't a perfect SB winning QB, then he is a bust.

There is no more patience in today's NFL for a QB to develop. That's a fact.

People want perfection instantly and if it isn't there, they want to move on to the next imperfect QB. This cycle constantly repeats itself, thus you never have a franchise QB.

I understand the patience that will allow Allen to continue to grow. Many others do not.

Exactly just like what Miami fans did to Tannehill if he’s not playing like Marino then he’s not good enough and that’s completely unfair to do that to any quarterback in that situation and I’m getting the same feeling from some of these fans, Like if Allen can’t play like Kelly Then he’s not good enough and we must move on and find someone else. But that’s the problem if you keep going through a carousel of quarterbacks you’re never going to be able to develop a legitimate  franchise quarterback. There will never be another Marino, Kelly, Moon or Elway. It’s time fans start accepting that

Edited by BuffaloBills1998
  • Like (+1) 2

Again I will ask: does anyone see any evidence to support the idea that Allen will continue to improve and elevate his game to the next level?

Now, the converse: does anyone see any evidence to support the idea that Allen will NOT continue to improve and elevate his game to the next level?

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, thebandit27 said:

Again I will ask: does anyone see any evidence to support the idea that Allen will continue to improve and elevate his game to the next level?

Now, the converse: does anyone see any evidence to support the idea that Allen will NOT continue to improve and elevate his game to the next level?

I’ve seen the evidence that he will continue to improve, just watch tape of his second year especially the 2nd half of his second year. Again a lot of good and a lot of bad But judging how he played in his rookie year To how he played in His second year is evidence enough to show that he’s making improvements and that he will continue to get better

Joss Allen is the most exciting breath of fresh air to come to this franchise since Kelly and I see a superstar ready to break out! 

He has improved so much from year one to two In aspects we wanted to see. He is now working his tail off on the deep ball. Once he nails that down look out..

I don’t need Josh to be Tom Brady or Mahomes. Let him play his game and we will be ok.

i will stick to my observations and  thoughts  that he will be a top ten Qb over the next two years.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Well Jim Kelly didn’t play with us when he was 24 I think he was with the Houston Gamblers at that time and the USFL was a lot different than the NFL. I remember Kelly’s first couple years here were complete ass. And a lot of fans wanted him gone and replaced. Honestly there’s a lot of similar things between Allen and Kelly if you think about it. 

i think my point flew right on by you there, maybe 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I get the hate.

The year is 2020 and if your 24 year old QB isn't a perfect SB winning QB, then he is a bust.

There is no more patience in today's NFL for a QB to develop. That's a fact.

People want perfection instantly and if it isn't there, they want to move on to the next imperfect QB. This cycle constantly repeats itself, thus you never have a franchise QB.

I understand the patience that will allow Allen to continue to grow. Many others do not.

That’s just not true. Not sure anyone is calling Josh a bust. But Bills fans sure are quick to laugh at Darnold, Mayfield, Wentz, Dak, and Goff. I guess they don’t deserve patience those BUMS!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

That’s just not true. Not sure anyone is calling Josh a bust. But Bills fans sure are quick to laugh at Darnold, Mayfield, Wentz, Dak, and Goff. I guess they don’t deserve patience those BUMS!

Darnold and Mayfield are in the same boat as Allen, but Allen CLEARLY has the best support system by a country mile when compared to the other two.

Wentz was on his way to an MVP before getting injured in 2017.

Dak has proven to be a game manager and is NOT worth the big contract he will get. Ok, maybe a little better than a game manager, but replaceable.

Goff went to a SB and can be good, but the talent around him is eroding a little bit.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I’m not worried about what the other teams QBs are doing or how their fans feel about them etc. I can tell you though for sure that Dak isn’t worth the kind of money he’s asking for and that is a fact. That’s Elliott’s team. Darnold’s career is probably going to be ruined cause he’s on the jets and just like Tampa bay the jets is known as the place where QBs careers never take off because they don’t know how to develop one, I think Darnold is on his 2nd or 3rd Offensive Coordinator in the two years he’s been there. Mayfield took a big step back last year After having a pretty good rookie year and Goff is completely overpaid and is not that good. Even ask Rams fans how they feel about Goff Since the majority of their Cap space is tied up into him

Edited by BuffaloBills1998
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I get it he’s not perfect, but neither was Kemp, or Ferguson or even Kelly for that matter. First it’s finally we have a franchise QB now all of a sudden it’s let’s go get Watson and let Allen go so we don’t have to pay him 30 million. Like some of you guys need to make up your minds. Either your with Allen or your not. Again while Bills mafia is the best fan base in the NFL, we are also the most spoiled. Appreciate what we have and root for the guy to succeed. Things could be worse, we could still have Tyrod( I can’t throw the football) Taylor or Nathan( I cant stop throwing to the other team) Peterman. Or how about EJ Manuel or Kyle Orton or even better Jeff Tuel or Thad Lewis. I can’t imagine if Kelly’s first year in Buffalo happened in today’s game, there would probably be a million threads about running him out of town and demanding that we draft someone else. I understand being critical and even being concerned, but some of you guys need to stop being negative and back off a bit and watch and see how it all unfolds. Be patient as the kids still young and is only going into his third year in the NFL. I don’t see Cleveland or New Jersey fans coming down on their QBS as much as I see here. And in my opinion Allen is way better than Darnold and Mayfield. 

You don't "get the hate that Josh Allen gets around here" because you want everybody else to be a cheerleader for Allen like you are.  Excusing Allen's performance deficiencies by comparing him to many of the duds that the Bills have put on the field over the last twenty years is simply cheerleading. Realistic criticism of how a player performs his job is not "hate". 

The last time I looked, Josh Allen would never be confused with Lamar Jackson, Patrick Mahomes, Deshaun Watson, Russell Wilson or Tom Brady after their second NFL seasons, so wanting Allen to improve his QB skills or discussing the Bills acquiring a better QB is hardly "hate".    His peers are the other "franchise QBs" currently in the NFL, and compared to them, his play comes up short.  He's had some valid excuses in his first two seasons, but he needs to demonstrate significant improvement if he wants to be considered one.   If Allen wasn't the Bills starting QB, I am sure you would not be calling him a "franchise QB" at this point in his career.

As for speculation about or comparison to Deshaun Watson or Patrick Mahomes, that's always going to be there for Allen thanks to the Bills trade of the #10 pick in 2017 with both Mahomes and Watson still on the board.  The only way that is mitigated is if Allen becomes a great NFL QB in his own right.  Mahomes already is a great QB, and Watson is only a notch below him.  At this point in their careers, $30 million for Watson would be a steal but Allen isn't worth half that.  He needs to prove he is.

Edited by SoTier
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SoTier said:

You don't "get the hate that Josh Allen gets around here" because you want to everybody else to be a cheerleader for Allen like you are.  Excusing Allen's performance deficiencies by comparing him to many of the duds that the Bills have put on the field over the last twenty years is simply cheerleading. Realistic criticism of how a player performs his job is not "hate". 

The last time I looked, Josh Allen would never be confused with Lamar Jackson, Patrick Mahomes, Deshaun Watson, Russell Wilson or Tom Brady after their second NFL seasons, so wanting Allen to improve his QB skills or discussing the Bills acquiring a better QB is hardly "hate".    His peers are the other "franchise QBs" currently in the NFL, and compared to them, his play comes up short.  He's had some valid excuses in his first two seasons, but he needs to demonstrate significant improvement if he wants to be considered one.   If Allen wasn't the Bills starting QB, I am sure you would not be calling him a "franchise QB" at this point in his career.

As for speculation about or comparison to Deshaun Watson or Patrick Mahomes, that's always going to be there for Allen thanks to the Bills trade of the #10 pick in 2017 with both Mahomes and Watson still on the board.  The only way that is mitigated is if Allen becomes a great NFL QB in his own right.  Mahomes already is a great QB, and Watson is only a notch below him.  At this point in their careers, $30 million for Watson would be a steal but Allen isn't worth half that.  He needs to prove he is.

You wanna compare Allen to Brady, Jackson, Mahomes, Watson and Wilson? Ok

But where were Eli Manning, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Phillip Rivers after their second seasons?

We all KNEW that Josh Allen was a work in progress. He is doing fine so far for being that work in progress.

Let him continue to grow and work out his kinks. 

You are simply a part of that "instant gratification" society and want perfection immediately.

Allen is in year 3 and showed considerable improvement from year one to year two. Let him get there before calling him a bust.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I’m a big fan of Josh Allen, but some folks might say he is a wild QB. At times he misses easy throws that even a high school QB could make only to follow through with a stellar pass that only a handful of QBs like Aaron Rodgers or Pat Mahomes would even think about trying. I think he just needs to be more consistent with his release and his footwork. Sometimes he releases the ball too high, other times too low. He is a gifted QB but can suffer from lazy mechanics. Kid is a really special talent. He has God given gifts that can make him a top 2-3 QB, he just needs to put it all together. I’m a huge believer in Allen, but I say this while knowing that this is about the long haul. It may take another year or two before he is polished enough to be the QB we wish him to be. That doesn’t mean that he won’t pay dividends before then, nor does it mean he’ll be a poor QB. It just means that he needs some time before he reaches that upper echelon of QBs. I’m grateful that we have a great defense and running attack behind him because that aspect is paramount for us if we want to win the division and make a push in the playoffs. Allen is raw, but he has a roster loaded with talent behind him. He doesn’t need to do it all, he has plenty of help. Let the defense do their thing, hand the ball off to Singletary and get the ball to your playmakers. Even if Allen just throws for 4,000 yards and 28 TDS while keeping the turnovers down, that’s probably good enough to go to the AFC Championship game or even a Super Bowl with this roster. Don’t try and do too much. He’s just not there yet.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Hebert19 said:

Hes a winner.   Not a college winner.  An nfl winner.  Josh will win a superbowl in his career in my opinion...let's just hope its here. 

We all knew that the second McDermott took over this team in 2017 he was looking at the 2018 class of QB's to move this franchise forward.

All signs were pointing to the two Josh's as to whom the Bills were going to draft in 2018 and hopefully McDermott picked the right Josh. It certainly looks that way right now. ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, JR in Pittsburgh said:

What hate? I don’t really see much hate directed toward JA. 

Most folks in the national media and other teams fans can't stand Allen and there are a good number of Bills fans who have declared Allen a bust already.

Josh Allen has proved he isn't a good quarterback. He can't make the easy throw, he panics far too often, and tries to be the hero all the time. He has great mobility and a strong arm but that's it. This fanbase is oblivious because we've endured years of JP Losman, Trent Edwards, Tyrod Taylor, etc for the last 20 years that anyone that has the "potential" to be a good QB is seen as the second coming.

We have the wrong Josh Allen on our team, the real Josh Allen is down in Jacksonville.

• Haha (+1) 5

People hate Josh Allen because McDermott didn't draft Mahomes or Watson in 2017. He and then GM Doug Whaley traded back so at that slot we ended up selecting Tre White. People hate him because he is not either of those two. 

People hate Josh Allen because they feel he is too reckless at times. The hero ball, the picks, the fumbles, and having to run for his life on occasion instead of being able to make a miraculous throw every time a play breaks down. He cleaned up the picks in a big way after the NE game, still had the occasional fumble while on a designed run or running for his life, and pretty much cut down on the hero ball until he made some dumb decisions in the playoff game. 

People hate Josh because he still leaves some plays on the field. We can all admit we have seen Josh be inaccurate at times, whether it be on a deep pass, in the flats, or on an intermediate route. Sometimes it's due to pressure, sometimes his base isn't right, and sometimes it's just a bad throw. He also doesn't see the open man on occasion because he doesn't identify the defense correctly. He did however take a big step forward from year one to year two in these areas. 

People hate Josh because he's not Lamar Jackson and hasn't had the same success early on in his career as Jackson. This falls in line with the same as the Mahomes/Watson crowd. You know, the message board GM's who just know these QB's would be doing the same or even better here if the Bills had drafted them. Last year was the first year (being Allen's 2nd season) where he actually had some decent weapons on offense, but even with that you saw some of those weapons making key drops to stall drives and prevent points being put on the board be it 6 or just having a shot at 3. 

People hate Josh just because that's what people do. They'll find something negative to talk about even if he goes 20-20 for 299yds with 2 TD's in a W. "He didn't throw for 300", "If he throws the ball to so and so he has another TD", "He tucked the ball and ran when he didn't have to on this play", they'll never be satisfied. They just love to piss and moan no matter what. 

Josh has all the upside in the world. He makes some throws out there that just make you say "WOW!", throws that only a couple other QB's in this league can make. If he takes the same kind of step forward from year 2 to 3 as he did from 1 to 2 then most of the hate he gets will dissipate, but notice I said most. He has a legit #1 now in Diggs, we have kept continuity while continuing to build the depth of the OL, and we have some young players who hopefully take another step forward along with Josh. I, for one, am glad we have him and I truly believe the future is bright around here not only for him, but for our team in general and all of us fans who love our Bills. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Josh Allen has proved he isn't a good quarterback. He can't make the easy throw, he panics far too often, and tries to be the hero all the time. He has great mobility and a strong arm but that's it. This fanbase is oblivious because we've endured years of JP Losman, Trent Edwards, Tyrod Taylor, etc for the last 20 years that anyone that has the "potential" to be a good QB is seen as the second coming.

We have the wrong Josh Allen on our team, the real Josh Allen is down in Jacksonville.

Pretty much all of this is wrong.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2