Rosenthal: True QB value rankings from 1-35

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

Yes... considering most of the experts  here  and in the media have pointed to lack of weapons as holding him back..

What are your thoughts?

I think he will improve because that's been his trajectory through two years, and an oline returning all starters plus Diggs should yield results.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001108258/article/nfl-qb-value-rankings-who-do-you-want-most-at-current-cost

I’m not an Allen “fanboy”, but this is absurd.  I’d take Allen over Carr, Minshew, Darnold, and Mayfield, and others.  

Where would you put him on this list?  I’d have him around 8.   

I stopped reading at "While the rankings below attempting to answer that question are incredibly subjective ..."

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

See I think Josh is at least half a dozen places too low on this list. 

I’m with you and I’m not a Josh lover (or hater) either. There’s a lot to like about Josh and he’s WAY ahead of guys like Carr or Minshew IMO. If you called Jacksonville tomorrow and offered them 1 for 1 they would send the paperwork back before you hung up the phone.

Right now Josh is in that 10-15 range with a chance to go higher.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m with you and I’m not a Josh lover (or hater) either. There’s a lot to like about Josh and he’s WAY ahead of guys like Carr or Minshew IMO. If you called Jacksonville tomorrow and offered them 1 for 1 they would send the paperwork back before you hung up the phone.

Right now Josh is in that 10-15 range with a chance to go higher.

I'd say 12-18 feels about the right range to me. I'd consider 12 a bit rich for my tastes but see the argument. I think anything below about 18 is  probably a reflection of a guy who isn't really watching that closely.

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

guys are coming around. good to see Allen has moved up from being around #35 in the eyes of these shallow analysts.

You are calling Rosenthal and you can drown in shallow water. I would state he is barely wet and only way you could drown is you get your tongue caught in throat trying to get crap which came with drops of water.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I think he will improve because that's been his trajectory through two years, and an oline returning all starters plus Diggs should yield results.

It's not that simple. He had an incredibly easy schedule last year. It's very similar to Mitchell Tribisky's 2018. The biggest difference between the two is the Bills offense continues to add while the Bears stopped. Bears added a lot on offense entering Tribisky's 2nd season. Allen Robinson and Trey Burton in free agency. OL James Daniels and WR Anthony Miller in the 2nd round. Then in 2019 they were pretty stuck because of the Mack trade.

Last year the Bills added 4 new starting OL, 2 new starting WRs. A good rookie RB. An athletic rookie TE. This year they've added a  #1 WR and another possible starting OL to the mix. They will likely be adding more before the end of the month.

So the Bills are doing more to help Allen. Allen has everything a young QB could want. Stable coaching, consistent OL, great defense, great WR's, athletic TES, and a good running game.

• Like (+1) 4

18 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It's not that simple. He had an incredibly easy schedule last year. It's very similar to Mitchell Tribisky's 2018. The biggest difference between the two is the Bills offense continues to add while the Bears stopped. Bears added a lot on offense entering Tribisky's 2nd season. Allen Robinson and Trey Burton in free agency. OL James Daniels and WR Anthony Miller in the 2nd round. Then in 2019 they were pretty stuck because of the Mack trade.

Last year the Bills added 4 new starting OL, 2 new starting WRs. A good rookie RB. An athletic rookie TE. This year they've added a  #1 WR and another possible starting OL to the mix. They will likely be adding more before the end of the month.

So the Bills are doing more to help Allen. Allen has everything a young QB could want. Stable coaching, consistent OL, great defense, great WR's, athletic TES, and a good running game.

Part of it is on Daboll. If Daboll isn't a good OC then Allen will not show significant improvement no matter what, because the offense as a whole won't be put in a position to succeed. I still question whether or not he is a good coach, but I haven't made up my mind on him yet.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, MJS said:

Part of it is on Daboll. If Daboll isn't a good OC then Allen will not show significant improvement no matter what, because the offense as a whole won't be put in a position to succeed. I still question whether or not he is a good coach, but I haven't made up my mind on him yet.

Watch the film. Daboll isn't an issue. Anyone that studies the Bills offense knows that. Daboll allows Allen freedom to be a QB. Maybe that's what people want, Daboll to limit Allen instead.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Any QB ranking that doesn’t have Drew and Aaron as the top two is hogwash, not to mention Dak being in the top 10. 

wow Lamar had 1 good year and Mahomes has the best skill players in the NFL and in the biggest game played like crap, sorry but no way should either be in the top 10. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Yav said:

Any QB ranking that doesn’t have Drew and Aaron as the top two is hogwash, not to mention Dak being in the top 10. 

wow Lamar had 1 good year and Mahomes has the best skill players in the NFL and in the biggest game played like crap, sorry but no way should either be in the top 10. 

Lolololol. Mahomes isn’t a top 10 qb? 

I seem to remember you being obnoxious about him since he came into the scene. this takes it to a whole other level though. 

also he, erased a 10 of deficit in the 4th quarter of the biggest game while producing 300+ total yds and 3 total td. 

I hope you are joking or just saying things for shock value because, if not, that is a startlingly stupid take on mahomes.  

• Like (+1) 3

The guy basically says Allen is inaccurate (nothing about the multitude of dropped passes) and that his second year may be his best. 

So in a nutshell he’s inaccurate and isn’t going to get better. But if he does he reserves the right to admit he’s wrong. 

Heres to another year of improvement and another year of proving doubters wrong. 

As usual ... when you like what's said, discuss it and approve it. When you hate what's said, attack the messenger. Which has no logical value whatsoever but feels good.

IMO that has Allen too low by maybe 3 to 5 spots. Darnold's too high, I think, and Allen's better than Minshew. But whatever.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1