Rex Ryan : Amari is a turd

Greg S

11 hours ago, njbuff said:

Thanks oh wise one.

I don't think Dak is that good. He has been carried by Elliott and his OL.

You want him, you can have him.

Sorry for being a dumb Bills fan that isn't all that high on Dak. 

I will do better in the future so that my opinion lies exactly in line with yours Mr. Bayless.

Well aren't you pleasant?

It just goes to show how out of touch he is with reality in the NFL ! There isn't one WR that goes on the field that on any given Sunday just can't be shut down they will have good games & bad but Cooper has shown he can be a good weapon to have on your side but they need more weapons to help out when one team can figure out how to hold that player in check . 

On 4/5/2020 at 9:41 PM, dave mcbride said:

The Cowboys are 40-24 in games Prescott has started. In baseball terms, that’s a 102-60 season. Seriously, try to avoid being a dumb Bills fan. This site has been really good at chasing the morons off, or at least shaming them. Be better.

A team that averages 10-6 in football is not  equivalent to 102-60 in baseball. In baseball, that would have been the 4th best team last year, and 10-6 is not 4th best in football.

1 hour ago, Watkins101 said:

A team that averages 10-6 in football is not  equivalent to 102-60 in baseball. In baseball, that would have been the 4th best team last year, and 10-6 is not 4th best in football.

It's actually 101.3-60.7. My mistake. As you can see, I am not talking about one season, but 64 games, which is a much, much larger sample size than 16. 

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

It's actually 101.3-60.7. My mistake. As you can see, I am not talking about one season, but 64 games, which is a much, much larger sample size than 16. 

There's a fundamental difference between baseball and football that is not being taken account for here. In baseball, there is more even talent distribution as a result of the longer season. You need a smaller marginal difference to have a winning season. In football, there's a greater allocation of talent by certain teams due to a shorter season leading to more things that can go wrong. Especially with the difference in the playoffs being a one loss out in football, that contributes to this. This overinflates what a good football team's win percentage would be to a good baseball team's. The best baseball team last year would have a record in-between 10-6 and 11-5 if you went by win percentage. 

13 hours ago, Watkins101 said:

There's a fundamental difference between baseball and football that is not being taken account for here. In baseball, there is more even talent distribution as a result of the longer season. You need a smaller marginal difference to have a winning season. In football, there's a greater allocation of talent by certain teams due to a shorter season leading to more things that can go wrong. Especially with the difference in the playoffs being a one loss out in football, that contributes to this. This overinflates what a good football team's win percentage would be to a good baseball team's. The best baseball team last year would have a record in-between 10-6 and 11-5 if you went by win percentage. 

Your whole premise is that 10-6 isn't 4th best in the league, but rather a middling result (i.e., decent and nothing more). As it happens, among QBs who have played for the past four years, Prescott's winning percentage - 62.5 percent -- sits only behind three other QBs: Brady, Brees, and Roethlisberger. He is tied with Russell Wilson for fourth best. Only Brady has more wins than Prescott's 40 given the injuries suffered by Brees (39 wins) and Roethlisberger (31 wins).  Wilson has the same number of victories as Prescott. Aaron Rodgers' winning percentage is 61 percent.

Deshaun Watson, Mahomes, and Lamar Jackson all have higher winning percentages, but Watson has played slightly more than two seasons (due to injury), Mahomes has played for slightly less than two (again, due to injury), and Jackson has played for roughly 1.6 seasons. You can be sure that most and possibly all of this trio of QBs will have a regression season at some point (with Houston, quite possibly this year). 

For the second time, I am not talking about one season, but about a much longer duration (in this case, four seasons). In that longer duration, slumps, injuries, and occasional team upheaval tend to even things out.