Rex Ryan : Amari is a turd

Greg S

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't often say these words but when Rex says you pay Dak before Amari...... Rex Ryan is correct. 

Amari was a free agent so the Cowboys locked him up before he bolted this offseason. In contrast, the Cowboys had the ability to retain Dak as a RFA and then at a later time sign him to a long term bonanza contract. So it is understandable why the organization handled and sequenced the signings the way they did. 

41 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

He’s an ars.  Nuff said.  Why anyone would listen to him tells me they are not that smart or informed.

Throughout history, incompetent, tough-talking blowhards have always managed to find an audience. It's still true today.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

you don't pay Dak what he wants though.

I would. 

15 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Amari was a free agent so the Cowboys locked him up before he bolted this offseason. In contrast, the Cowboys had the ability to retain Dak as a RFA and then at a later time sign him to a long term bonanza contract. So it is understandable why the organization handled and sequenced the signings the way they did. 

Wrong. Dak and Amari were both impending FAs. They could have tied up Dak and tagged Amari if they liked. Dak was their best offensive player last season. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I would. 

Wrong. Dak and Amari were both impending FAs. They could have tied up Dak and tagged Amari if they liked. Dak was their best offensive player last season. 

The Cowboys can tag Dak this season. Whether they tag him or not should be able to come to a contract deal fairly soon. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cowboys-reportedly-offer-dak-prescott-a-monster-contract-with-105-million-guaranteed/

4 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Rex Ryan is an expert at turds. I was unhappy when he was hired although he at times had good ideas he never showed he was willing to work as hard as contemporaries.

no other bills decision in the history of my fanhood was harder to accept than the hiring of Rex. 

I have few abilities, but I can spot a blow hard do nothing Loudmouth entitled slacker.... 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

They could have tagged Amari and signed Dak. That is the point. 

The Dak contract was going to be a lot more complicated and richer than the Amari contract. It was going to take more time to work out a deal. So they got the simpler contract done first. Do you really believe that the Jerry Jones and the Cowboys are not going to get a deal done with their qb? I don't. 

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The Dak contract was going to be a lot more complicated and richer than the Amari contract. It was going to take more time to work out a deal. So they got the simpler contract done first. Do you really believe that the Jerry Jones and the Cowboys are not going to get a deal done with their qb? I don't. 

If Dak is smart he will allow himself to be tagged for 2 years and then take best deal he can.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

His 2 year Buffalo tenure is one big giant Turd. He is a Turd HC. Worst Buffalo HC since Kay Stephenson 

Hank Bullough was the worst coach since Kay Stephenson. There hasn’t been a worse coach since Hank.  May not ever be. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I think they backed themselves into a corner needlessly. First with the Zeke deal last year and then with the Amari deal. It is bad long term strategic planning. They should have got Dak done first last summer and his value has only increased since. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

If Dak is smart he will allow himself to be tagged for 2 years and then take best deal he can.

That's what Cousins did with the Redskins. It worked out for him. However, Dak is in a good situation with the Cowboys from a football and business standpoint associated with endorsements. I believe they will get a deal done because it is in the interest of both sides. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I think they backed themselves into a corner needlessly. First with the Zeke deal last year and then with the Amari deal. It is bad long term strategic planning. They should have got Dak done first last summer and his value has only increased since. 

In negotiations there are two parties. If you can't get a deal done then you can't get a deal done. Zeke and his representatives recognized that in the long run time was on their side just as it was with Cousins and the Redskins. So they weren't afraid to use their leverage to get a highball deal. You can have all the strategic planning you want but the other side of the table also has a say. When all is said and done a deal will get done. 

7 minutes ago, JohnC said:

In negotiations there are two parties. If you can't get a deal done then you can't get a deal done. Zeke and his representatives recognized that in the long run time was on their side just as it was with Cousins and the Redskins. So they weren't afraid to use their leverage to get a highball deal. You can have all the strategic planning you want but the other side of the table also has a say. When all is said and done a deal will get done. 

There was a price at which they could have got Dak done last year. Now he will cost them more. Poor planning. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Jpsredemption said:

Who cares. Speak your mind and don’t get bullied into apologizing. The media in today’s day in age is a bully. Free speech is a thing of the past. Set aside feeling for Rex..this is ridiculous. 

These days no one apologizes for anything. They see it as a sign of weakness. Most people just double down and take their rhetoric to another level, so I find Rex's apology for a totally uncalled for personal attack refreshing to be honest.

Frankly I very much like when I read about other teams do poorly thought out things that keep those teams from getting better any time soon. 
But maybe that’s just me being a Bills fan. Fuh K other teams. 

Go Bills!!!

Rex had to put his foot in his mouth, you say? I'm shocked.

But I also agree with the premise. Cooper isn't worth that much. The Cowboys are doing a lot to keep a team together that just plain doesn't perform...