Rosenthal: True QB value rankings from 1-35

2 minutes ago, chris heff said:

I get that part, ranking your own players or players you’re looking to sign sure, but making a list of every starting QB? 

I don’t think the guy you’re responding to literally meant that each GM has their own list of all 1000 or whatever NFL players. I think his point was simply that merging player ability and contract value is something that every GM does and that is what the author of the article is attempting to do. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Golden Goat said:

10 for me, but I don't mind this. Love being the under-the-radar underdogs.

Especially when you see who he has at 10 and the logic used. I've long since reach the point where I don't care what these guys think. Most don't even watch all the games they just parrot the current narratives.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Watch the film. Daboll isn't an issue. Anyone that studies the Bills offense knows that. Daboll allows Allen freedom to be a QB. Maybe that's what people want, Daboll to limit Allen instead.

No, I don't believe that you or I are qualified to make that analysis.

20 hours ago, GreggTX said:

23rd sounds about right. His inaccuracy, fumbling, inability to handle pressure, etc always get a free pass from his admirers. I'm just hoping he can get it together finally in 2020.

See... this is why we can't have nice things.

Some people are so damaged from our past regimes, they can't see a good thing even when it hits them right in the face. 

• Like (+1) 1

Here's the real joke. It's supposed to be about future value and "who you would want at current age, value, etc."

This loser is saying that he would rather have Tom Brady on his team than:

-Sam Darnold

-Josh Allen

-Daniel Jones

-Gardner Minshew

-Drew Lock

So, rather than a top prospect with future upside, you'd rather have a 42 year old Dinosaur on a huge contract?

Oh, maybe your argument is that Tom Brady is much better RIGHT NOW than Allen?

Nope, last season:

Brady: 60.8 completion %, 24 TD, 8 INT (plus 3 rushing TD's)
Allen: 58.8 completion %, 20 TD, 9 INT (plus 9 rushing TD's)

Add in the fact that Allen is literally 19 years younger than Brady, has a $5M cap hit vs a $25M cap hit per year for the next two years.

You could say this about any of the guys above, not just Allen... they should all be ranked above Brady. The bias is unbelievable.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, MJS said:

No, I don't believe that you or I are qualified to make that analysis.

Who is? Yet you blame Daboll without knowing playcalls as well. Many people study the Bills offense and don't come away thinking Daboll is a problem.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

44 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Who is? Yet you blame Daboll without knowing playcalls as well. Many people study the Bills offense and don't come away thinking Daboll is a problem.

Did I blame Daboll? I suggest going back and reading my post.

17 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Lolololol. Mahomes isn’t a top 10 qb? 

I seem to remember you being obnoxious about him since he came into the scene. this takes it to a whole other level though. 

also he, erased a 10 of deficit in the 4th quarter of the biggest game while producing 300+ total yds and 3 total td. 

I hope you are joking or just saying things for shock value because, if not, that is a startlingly stupid take on mahomes.  

First off, opinions can not be wrong. 
Second, I don’t like Mahomes, can’t stand him, I’m also over hearing Bills fans cry about not drafting him. 

As for top ten, I wouldn’t take him I’ve Rodgers, Breese, Rivers or Brady. Rivers has continued to do more with less than anyone else and Drew continues to be the best QB in the league year in and year out. 

Watch some KC games, Mahomes continues to under throw Hill who makes a great adjustment to the ball. Again throwing to the best skill players in the game can make most QBs look good. 

If you're a GM, and your objective is to have the most success of any team over the next ten seasons, and if there's a draft where you can take any QB that's left on the board, I think there is no way Allen lasts past #10.   Someone is taking him.  

Who's ahead of him?   Mahomes, Watson.   Russell Wilson.   Maybe Grappolo.. Not Goff, bit Winston.  Maybe Wentz.  I wouldn't take Lamar Jackson, but that's me.  I wouldn't take Wentz.  Not Prescott.   

Someone takes Allen in the top 10, because of his upside.  

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Yav said:

Second, I don’t like Mahomes, can’t stand him, I’m also over hearing Bills fans cry about not drafting him. 

As for top ten, I wouldn’t take him I’ve Rodgers, Breese, Rivers or Brady. Rivers has continued to do more with less than anyone else and Drew continues to be the best QB in the league year in and year out. 

Watch some KC games, Mahomes continues to under throw Hill who makes a great adjustment to the ball. Again throwing to the best skill players in the game can make most QBs look good. 

I think maybe you need to watch some chargers games instead of the chiefs. Rivers has weapons all over. Allen, williams, Henry, ekler, gordon. That’s an embarrassment of riches. Let’s not pretend mahomes is the only qb to ever have a great cast of players. 

also opinions may not be able to be wrong but they can be extremely ill informed and foolish. Saying mahomes isn’t top ten, or even top 5, is just that. It’s a really really silly thing to say. 

and I’ll end with saying I Love our guy at qb. I can also acknowledge how good others are. And I don’t see any real reason to not like the guy. He’s been a really good pro and a solid citizen from what I’ve seen... again, you’re just way over the top with this. It’s clear you can’t think clearly when you talk about mahomes. Any rational thought process wouldn’t produce your “opinions” 

42 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I think maybe you need to watch some chargers games instead of the chiefs. Rivers has weapons all over. Allen, williams, Henry, ekler, gordon. That’s an embarrassment of riches. Let’s not pretend mahomes is the only qb to ever have a great cast of players. 

also opinions may not be able to be wrong but they can be extremely ill informed and foolish. Saying mahomes isn’t top ten, or even top 5, is just that. It’s a really really silly thing to say. 

and I’ll end with saying I Love our guy at qb. I can also acknowledge how good others are. And I don’t see any real reason to not like the guy. He’s been a really good pro and a solid citizen from what I’ve seen... again, you’re just way over the top with this. It’s clear you can’t think clearly when you talk about mahomes. Any rational thought process wouldn’t produce your “opinions” 

You have proven that with your ill advised opinion. 

good day

1 hour ago, Yav said:

So this guy likes Brees, Rodgers, Brady, and Rivers, hates Mahomes, and doesn’t even mention Lamar Jackson, Russell Wilson, or Deshaun Watson.  I wonder if one could find a pattern here...

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Billl said:

So this guy likes Brees, Rodgers, Brady, and Rivers, hates Mahomes, and doesn’t even mention Lamar Jackson, Russell Wilson, or Deshaun Watson.  I wonder if one could find a pattern here...

Reach much? 
has nothing to do with color. Don’t like Mahomes or Jackson 

21 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It's not that simple. He had an incredibly easy schedule last year. It's very similar to Mitchell Tribisky's 2018. The biggest difference between the two is the Bills offense continues to add while the Bears stopped. Bears added a lot on offense entering Tribisky's 2nd season. Allen Robinson and Trey Burton in free agency. OL James Daniels and WR Anthony Miller in the 2nd round. Then in 2019 they were pretty stuck because of the Mack trade.

Last year the Bills added 4 new starting OL, 2 new starting WRs. A good rookie RB. An athletic rookie TE. This year they've added a  #1 WR and another possible starting OL to the mix. They will likely be adding more before the end of the month.

So the Bills are doing more to help Allen. Allen has everything a young QB could want. Stable coaching, consistent OL, great defense, great WR's, athletic TES, and a good running game.

The Bills faced tougher defenses last year than offenses.  8 games against top 13 in DVOA defense.  Seems rather balanced.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Yav said:

Reach much? 
has nothing to do with color. Don’t like Mahomes or Jackson 

If Josh was traded for Mahomes straight up, Buffalo would immediately become Super Bowl favorites.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2020 at 8:10 AM, Billl said:

Big Kyler Murray fan are ya?

Actually have his jerseys and attend Cards games. 
sorry that some of you are too ignorant to understand that it’s possible to not like a player and not have that based on skin color.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Yav said:

Actually have his jerseys and attend Cards games. 
sorry that some of you are too ignorant to understand that it’s possible to not like a player and not have that based on skin color.

I agree with you and I hate people always playing the race card... That being said, not thinking Mahomes is good is a bad take. :P