Rosenthal: True QB value rankings from 1-35

On 4/3/2020 at 3:34 PM, GreggTX said:

23rd sounds about right. His inaccuracy, fumbling, inability to handle pressure, etc always get a free pass from his admirers. I'm just hoping he can get it together finally in 2020.

Allen has heart , leadership , and he’s a fighter how many of the ones ahead of him got that ??? 

50 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I agree with you and I hate people always playing the race card... That being said, not thinking Mahomes is good is a bad take. :P

I just don’t like him. He continues to under throw Hill and Hill adjusts and makes great catches. Sure he won the SB but wasn’t the MVP, sorry I’m just not that impressed. I would take Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Rivers and Wilson over him. He’s not in the top 5. I also like Watson over him.

• Haha (+1) 2

I think the article was pretty accurate. Until Josh has one of "those games" that just WOW you as a QB, and I mean the whole game, then he's a good fit at 23. You can argue all of the guys above had one of those except Minshew. Allen's best game against Dallas is better than Minshew's best, not merely in yards which Minshew has the advantage, but in field generalship.

I mean he's fairly realistic in saying he wants to be proven wrong and get a L, so look he's not saying "no" he's saying wait and see. How is that unreasonable?

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/3/2020 at 4:34 PM, GreggTX said:

23rd sounds about right. His inaccuracy, fumbling, inability to handle pressure, etc always get a free pass from his admirers. I'm just hoping he can get it together finally in 2020.

:lol: the takes you put out there are something else.  When I read one of your posts it reminds me of the Seinfeld episode in which George tries to do everything the opposite.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/3/2020 at 4:34 PM, GreggTX said:

8 game winning drives in two years does sound kind of clutch doesn't it though, or better yet 8 game winning drives in 27 starts? Just curious to this point, how Darnold and Mayfield (after last year) can be rated higher than him, you have to figure in rushing to the equation as well hell they did with Lamar I am sure.

15 hours ago, Yav said:

I just don’t like him. He continues to under throw Hill and Hill adjusts and makes great catches. Sure he won the SB but wasn’t the MVP, sorry I’m just not that impressed. I would take Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Rivers and Wilson over him. He’s not in the top 5. I also like Watson over him.

This is going to be an awful interesting season if you would take a depleted 43 year old Brady over Mahomes, wow are you smoking crack?

4 hours ago, BigBillsFan said:

I think the article was pretty accurate. Until Josh has one of "those games" that just WOW you as a QB, and I mean the whole game, then he's a good fit at 23. You can argue all of the guys above had one of those except Minshew. Allen's best game against Dallas is better than Minshew's best, not merely in yards which Minshew has the advantage, but in field generalship.

I mean he's fairly realistic in saying he wants to be proven wrong and get a L, so look he's not saying "no" he's saying wait and see. How is that unreasonable?

You mean like beating Dallas on Thanksgiving or topping the Steelers on the road on national TV to clinch a playoff berth? Yeah, I'd love to see that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, billrooter said:

8 game winning drives in two years does sound kind of clutch doesn't it though, or better yet 8 game winning drives in 27 starts? Just curious to this point, how Darnold and Mayfield (after last year) can be rated higher than him, you have to figure in rushing to the equation as well hell they did with Lamar I am sure.

This is going to be an awful interesting season if you would take a depleted 43 year old Brady over Mahomes, wow are you smoking crack?

Mark Sanchez had 9 game winning drives in a 2 year period.  Without context, the stat kinda sucks. Qbs that play on teams with really good defenses have more a chance for GWDs.  It could be argued with more consistent offense and our easy schedule, there were a bunch of games that could have been over before the 4th quarter.  

and Jackson has 16 more passing tds than Allen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, billrooter said:

Some of you are just ridiculous. OMG I don't agree with you and don't like a QB ... someone should call me names and assume I'm as messed up as them and do drugs. 

Dude get over yourself. You're not the end all be all. I lived in KC for 12 years, I've seen Majokes play he under throws Hill, I'm entitled to my own opinion as not sure how it would be an interesting season based on me not putting the joke in my top 5 or 6. 

15 hours ago, Putin said:

Allen has heart , leadership , and he’s a fighter how many of the ones ahead of him got that ??? 

Tim Tebow approves of this message. ?

And to answer your question, I’d imagine all of them. 

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You mean like beating Dallas on Thanksgiving or topping the Steelers on the road on national TV to clinch a playoff berth? Yeah, I'd love to see that.

139 yards passing with 1 td and 1 int is a wow game?  We won that game because of our defense and Duck throwing ducks (?).  

physical talent, he’s top 10 without a doubt.  But in terms of production, he’s kinda where he should be.  He is a game manager who is capable of explosive plays.  Next step is being maddeningly consistent.  He’s got a bunch of weapons now so it will be cool to see if he gets there.

12 minutes ago, Yav said:

Some of you are just ridiculous. OMG I don't agree with you and don't like a QB ... someone should call me names and assume I'm as messed up as them and do drugs. 

Dude get over yourself. You're not the end all be all. I lived in KC for 12 years, I've seen Majokes play he under throws Hill, I'm entitled to my own opinion as not sure how it would be an interesting season based on me not putting the joke in my top 5 or 6. 

With all due respect, this is a very hot, skip bayless type take.  “How many Super Bowls has Pat Mahomes won? Just 1?  And he’s been in the league 3 years?  I rest my case.  Overrated!!!”

10 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Tim Tebow approves of this message. ?

And to answer your question, I’d imagine all of them. 

Josh Allen is the only qb in the nfl that works hard and cares about winning.  Facts.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, FLFan said:

Any ranking that has Gardner Minshew ahead of Allen, in fact not in the bottom feeder category, is mortally flawed from the jump.  What an idiot.  

I don’t think you can really argue that Minshew is a better pure passer than Allen and the Jags aren’t exactly loaded at receiver.  Now the question is whether Minshew is at his ceiling and what will ceiling Allen has.  

I didn’t expect Minshew to translate this well at all to the nfl.  Thought he was a product of a gimmick system.  But if we had Minshew with how he played last year, we would have made the playoffs with him too.  I think that’s what some fans are missing out on.  A lot of Starting level Qbs could have taken us to the playoffs last year.  Our defense was so good that our offense didn’t have to be anything special.  

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

He played an excellent game in Dallas, his best as a complete QB, but are you serious with the Steelers? He was horrible. He battled a scrub QB and they both couldn't score and he looked horrible. What part of the Pittsburgh screamed top 20 let alone top 10?

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Yav said:

Wow, first up I said what are you smoking crack (was trying to be funny) never called you a crackhead though. You lived in KC for 12 years, so whats your point Mahomes career stats 65.9 career completion percentage 76 tds and 18 interceptions and 9,412 yards, sorry he doesn't pass your genius eye test.

• Haha (+1) 2

On 4/3/2020 at 3:55 PM, whatdrought said:

Rosenthal is a Patriots fan who is very anti Bills. He’s also kinda an arrogant D-bag.

This is true, some here appear to worship an organization that regularly flouts the concept of sportsmanship and agree that constantly be caught cheating is acceptable behavior, and ya know, that says a lot about those types of people.

2 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

This is true, some here appear to worship an organization that regularly flouts the concept of sportsmanship and agree that constantly be caught cheating is acceptable behavior, and ya know, that says a lot about those types of people.

Wait a second.  Some media members are biased towards a team that has been to 9 SBs in 20 years?  What a bunch of idiots.  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Wait a second.  Some media members are biased towards a team that has been to 9 SBs in 20 years?  What a bunch of idiots.  

That as you well know is not the point. You can do far better, clever of up to ignore the body of the post, or is it to near a nerve??? ?

15 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Josh Allen is the only qb in the nfl that works hard and cares about winning.  Facts.  

Honestly, I’m so tired of hearing about how our QBs are hard working or good people.

The only thing that matters to me is how good they are on Sundays. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Don Otreply said:

That as you well know is not the point. You can do far better, clever of up to ignore the body of the post, or is it to near a nerve??? ?

If we were the Pats, our board would look exactly like a Pats board where we defended everything our team did and say it was fake news! And everyone is just jealous of us.  Sad but true!

Just now, Bangarang said:

Honestly, I’m so tired of hearing about how our QBs are hard working or good people.

The only thing that matters to me is how good they are on Sundays. 

But did you see how clean JP Losman made Buffalo that one time!  

and who is the last crappy, not hard working qb the Bills has? Billy Joe? RJ? That coward Kyle Orton?  Most of our guys are good dudes who work hard.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1