Rosenthal: True QB value rankings from 1-35

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Watch the film. Daboll isn't an issue. Anyone that studies the Bills offense knows that. Daboll allows Allen freedom to be a QB. Maybe that's what people want, Daboll to limit Allen instead.

Him calling only 8 handoffs in the second half and OT of the Texans game while leading or tied for all but 5 of the total 40 minutes isn't an issue? Putting the team squarely on the shoulders of a young QB, playing on the road, in his first playoff game is a good idea when it failed every other time they tried it? Not giving the ball to Singletary over and over again in the second half playing with a lead and him averaging 4.5 yards a run isn't an issue? Duh-boll isn't horrible, but there's a reason his offenses have ranked below average to near last each and every season he's been an OC. The best any of his offenses have ranked in yardage in his 6 years as an OC...22nd, the best in points...20th. One of the problems is even when a call is a simple one to make he doesn't, he constantly out thinks himself. Happens over and over again.

• Like (+1) 1

How the ***** is Carr on top of Allen LMAO, Carr is worse than his brother. Everyone knows Gruden wants to get rid of him. Infact Carr hasn’t taken his team to the playoffs and no I don’t count 2016, he got injured and was replaced by the back up

Edited by BuffaloBills1998

1 hour ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Him calling only 8 handoffs in the second half and OT of the Texans game while leading or tied for all but 5 of the total 40 minutes isn't an issue? Putting the team squarely on the shoulders of a young QB, playing on the road, in his first playoff game is a good idea when it failed every other time they tried it? Not giving the ball to Singletary over and over again in the second half playing with a lead and him averaging 4.5 yards a run isn't an issue? Duh-boll isn't horrible, but there's a reason his offenses have ranked below average to near last each and every season he's been an OC. The best any of his offenses have ranked in yardage in his 6 years as an OC...22nd, the best in points...20th. One of the problems is even when a call is a simple one to make he doesn't, he constantly out thinks himself. Happens over and over again.

There are checks by the QB into runs as well.

Rosenthal has had a bee in his bonnet about the Bills for a while. If you go and look at his weekly game score predictions he had us going about 3-13 and even when he predicted a win he made sure there was some snide comment.

I bet he’s about 5’ tall as well. 

53 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

How the ***** is Carr on top of Allen LMAO, Carr is worse than his brother. Everyone knows Gruden wants to get rid of him. Infact Carr hasn’t taken his team to the playoffs and no I don’t count 2016, he got injured and was replaced by the back up

I’d love Allen to have a 2020 season like what Carr had in 2019. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, MJS said:

Part of it is on Daboll. If Daboll isn't a good OC then Allen will not show significant improvement no matter what, because the offense as a whole won't be put in a position to succeed. I still question whether or not he is a good coach, but I haven't made up my mind on him yet.

Bills really need a senior offensive assistant.  Coach McD does not know offense although he does now how he would defend an offense.  This was proven by some of his coaches he choose for offense.  Bring a senior senior offensive assistant whose job is to be paid well without OC title but to be the 2nd offense coach looking at what is being proposed and find weaknesses.  Coach McD was willing to step in when needed when Leslie Frazier was not making right calls and it worked out well.

• Like (+1) 2

17 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

Josh Allen has a chance to prove himself

big time this season, no need to be all hurt over a low ranking.

I agree with you.  This is the year we find out what Josh Allen is all about.  He has the weapons, he has a true #1 receiver, he has a run game, he has a strong defense, a solid offensive line, he's had minimal changes to personnel, same offensive coaches and it's year 3 for him.  This is it, Josh. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Who’s the say that some of the failed passing plays were on the players and not him? I get your point but look at the execution on the perfectly called QB sweep at the end of the game.

1 hour ago, NoName said:

I agree with you.  This is the year we find out what Josh Allen is all about.  He has the weapons, he has a true #1 receiver, he has a run game, he has a strong defense, a solid offensive line, he's had minimal changes to personnel, same offensive coaches and it's year 3 for him.  This is it, Josh. 

I really like Josh’s potential. He has already inspired more hope than any QB since Kelly imo. However, it’s all up to him this year. I’m not going to be here making excuses or listening to others excuses for him if he doesn’t progress this season. It’s a make or break year, and if he can’t get it done, he’s not the QB of the future. I believe that he will get it done, and he’ll move up everyone’s ranking if he does so. 

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Who’s the say that some of the failed passing plays were on the players and not him? I get your point but look at the execution on the perfectly called QB sweep at the end of the game.

I think Daboll needs to develop a better grasp of what his players are capable of. He does a poor job of instinctually feeling the situation, and calling plays accordingly imo. That QB sweep was the perfect call, but the execution was poor. However, I just got done watching the season on game pass, and it seemed like called QB sweeps failed often last year due to poor execution. I’m not sure that’s the play I’m running, as opposed to keeping an unstoppable Singletary involved.

I know it’s probably an unpopular opinion around here, but Allen’s best runs generally come on scrambles. I don’t want to take that part of his game away. Personally, I’d like to see fewer called runs with Josh this season. He’s a QB whose competitive nature causes him to take lots of big hits. A big guy like Allen isn’t going to be protected by the refs either. Scrambling is a great part of his game, but I’d like to see Daboll lessen his wear. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Allen2Moulds said:

Does he watch football, and if he does, he has no idea what to look at, and doesn't understand the game.

Hey! Josh has his issues, but he’s not that bad! Tisk tisk...?

Edited by JaCrispy

19 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

Minshew's mom would not take him over Allen if those were the two choices.

Minshew threw for more yards, more TDs, fewer INTs, completed a higher % of his passes, and had more yards per carry rushing despite only starting 12 games.  He had a hell of a season and has 3 years left on a contract that pays him $700k a year.

19 hours ago, chris heff said:

Wasn’t hurt at all. I found the premise to be absurd regardless of Allen’s ranking. You can rank a player on ability, you can rank contract value, but what is the point of merging those two things? 

Because that’s literally what GMs do.

• Like (+1) 2

20 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Rosenthal is a Patriots fan who is very anti Bills. He’s also kinda an arrogant D-bag.

You already said he's a Patriot's fan.

• Haha (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Billl said:

Minshew threw for more yards, more TDs, fewer INTs, completed a higher % of his passes, and had more yards per carry rushing despite only starting 12 games.  He had a hell of a season and has 3 years left on a contract that pays him $700k a year.

Because that’s literally what GMs do.

GMs rank every starting QB in the league on performance and their contract? 

6 minutes ago, chris heff said:

GMs rank every starting QB in the league on performance and their contract? 

I mean, yeah, determining how valuable each player is when accounting for their contract is basically the key component of team building. 

4 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I mean, yeah, determining how valuable each player is when accounting for their contract is basically the key component of team building. 

I get that part, ranking your own players or players you’re looking to sign sure, but making a list of every starting QB?