Rosenthal: True QB value rankings from 1-35

48 minutes ago, DFT said:

Greg Rosenthal’s reasoning for some of these rankings is just adorable... 

While I think Josh could be a few spots higher, I thought he was fair with his quick blurb. Nothing terrible. Basically just said, "a bunch of great tools, I am not sure he will ever be able to put them all together at an elite level. I am happy to take the L if I am wrong". 

Kyler is a head scratcher to me. He played well as a rookie, better than I thought he would. But 6 is high for having 3 other other entrenched starters on their rookie contracts. Baker seemed high as well. I think all 3 belong around the Darnold mark. 

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

....and Tannehill, I would rank him based on last year's improvements somewhere in the 16-17 range. I agree he should be side by side with Darnold. 

Agreed. Somehow I missed the amount of Tanny's contract.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001108258/article/nfl-qb-value-rankings-who-do-you-want-most-at-current-cost

I’m not an Allen “fanboy”, but this is absurd.  I’d take Allen over Carr, Minshew, Darnold, and Mayfield, and others.  

Where would you put him on this list?  I’d have him around 8.   

Edited by RyanC883
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Well... there will be no excuses left after this year boys...

Year 3 with Diggs ..

Third year in the same system,  a young quality RB, Diggs and 2 other good WRs, a quality line that will be in its second season of continuity and could be even better (Ford may improve and they got the new OL from Carolina), Knox and Sweeney improving and Kroft staying healthy at TE,  I'm a big Allen fan, but agree that he'll be out of excuses this year.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

Third year in the same system,  a young quality RB, Diggs and 2 other good WRs, a quality line that will be in its second season of continuity and could be even better (Ford may improve and they got the new OL from Carolina), Knox and Sweeney improving and Kroft staying healthy at TE,  I'm a big Allen fan, but agree that he'll be out of excuses this year.

Perhaps he will indeed be "out of excuses" this year, but, truth be told, I have never ever heard him make a single excuse for himself in the past. Just the opposite.

Just now, GoBills808 said:

Seen this a bunch lately, what does it mean?

Read this..

7 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

Just now, GoBills808 said:

So-no excuses if he doesn't further improve. Got it. 

You think that's likely?

Yes... considering most of the experts  here  and in the media have pointed to lack of weapons as holding him back..

What are your thoughts?