5th year option on Allen or bid on Watson in FA in 22

Mango

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I never have and I never will. 

I'd rather be the guy who thinks Allen will end up better than Watson and occasionally bets against the Bills

than the guy who never bets against the Bills and would rather pay Watson $40M than Allen $30M 

Just now, GoBills808 said:

I'd rather be the guy who thinks Allen will end up better than Watson and occasionally bets against the Bills

than the guy who never bets against the Bills and would rather pay Watson $40M than Allen $30M 

Well each to their own but I think that is bat ***** crazy. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BobChalmers said:

Well apparently COVID can cause hallucinations and even brain damage, so I get where you're coming from!  ?

Watson will NOT be available.

You are likely joking but what you just stated is true. I have a family member that had Covid 19 that caused brain inflammation.

Hallucinations were part of it and Watson wasn’t one of them.

Thank God she is getting better. She did tell me the Bills are going to the AFC championship though.( She’s a huge Bills fan)

lost a few weeks of her life. Was shocked to find out Brady went to Tampa.

All true.

Edited by dlonce

7 hours ago, Mango said:

COVID had me thinking. With all the trade rumors and twitter posts about Watson in Houston, I have a gut feeling he would rather see FA than re sign there (but who knows I guess). The Texans would be foolish to not take the 5th year option.

If he hits FA in 2 years, would you rather get into a bidding war and pay him $40M per (guessing 2022 value) or keep moving forward with Allen, taking his 5th year option, to an eventual extension?

I don't post often anymore at all... But... What?!?

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Well each to their own but I think that is bat ***** crazy. 

Because your allegiance is to your team, so you would rather upgrade the position (in your opinion) for the Buffalo Bills. Where as his allegiance is to Josh Allen, regardless of possibly (or not in his opinion) upgrading the position. 

8 hours ago, JohnC said:

Why would you take heat for stating the obvious that Watson is now and will always be a better qb than Josh? And that preference is not a slight on Allen who I think is going to be a good qb. As with you I consider Mahomes as the best qb with the advantage of youth over Wilson. I have a high regard for Russell Wilson but would take Watson over him because he is a younger qb.

The Bills had the opportunity to draft either Mahomes or Watson a couple of years ago. They didn't seize on that opportunity. It was a mistake.  

This is the part that I take issue with....not that Watson is not better now (he is) but that a very raw QB from a small school cannot match or even surpass DW before it is all said and done.

He most certainly can

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Exactly. If he takes another jump this year , I'm all in with Allen. He handles himself like a franchise QB off the field like he should, very impressive, and his leadership is great.

That'd be my test results , without the cocaine

Who released my results?!? 

Wtf I don't want anybody thinking I smoke pot

11 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

So, your tests came back positive??

F25197B5-6848-43F6-B6BE-DB4BD7CE2ACA.jpeg

Who released my results?!? 

Wtf I don't want anybody thinking I smoke pot

Edited by Buffalo716

11 hours ago, JohnC said:

Why would you take heat for stating the obvious that Watson is now and will always be a better qb than Josh? And that preference is not a slight on Allen who I think is going to be a good qb. As with you I consider Mahomes as the best qb with the advantage of youth over Wilson. I have a high regard for Russell Wilson but would take Watson over him because he is a younger qb.

The Bills had the opportunity to draft either Mahomes or Watson a couple of years ago. They didn't seize on that opportunity. It was a mistake.  

There's no saying what the future holds. I'm not confident enough to declare that Allen will never be as good as Watson or any other QB, nor should anyone else be. Just have to see how things go over the next couple of years.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, MJS said:

There's no saying what the future holds. I'm not confident enough to declare that Allen will never be as good as Watson or any other QB, nor should anyone else be. Just have to see how things go over the next couple of years.

Watson is overrated, watch his stats fall without DeAndre by his side 

• Like (+1) 1

I was ultra high on Watson coming out of college. Most of this board was saying DW was a one read and run QB. I also heard the board saying Russell Wilson was just a game manager at that same time.

However now DW is no where near as good (but he is very good) as i thought he would be in the NFL. I've watched McDermott's defense basically shut him down two seasons in a row.

So my answer is Josh freaking Allen all day everyday and twice on sunday. Hands Down

14 hours ago, Billl said:

Not sure you want to use playoff winning percentage and injury history to argue for Josh.  

https://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player/josh-allen/9962

https://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player/deshaun-watson/7744

Don't want to get into a back and forth on this hypothetical thread, but what criteria would you use to give a max ,free agent QB contract to Watson as opposed to extending a winning young QB who loves being a Bill.

14 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I will tie my wagon to him. And I have zero hesitation doing so. He will be fine without Hopkins. Hop is a top talent but so is Deshaun Watson. 

EDIT: and I like where Josh is at for the most part. It isn't a dig at him at all. The only two QBs in the league I wouldn't swap for Watson are Mahomes and Wilson.

He will be fine without Hopkins? Why is his agent trying get him out of Houston and Bill O'Brien fired. Would you bet your car that Watson leads the Texans to a better record than last year. Hopkins made White look pedestrian in leading Houston to victory in the playoff game. Look at his stats in the 4th qtr of that game. How many guys not named Julio Jones, does that? Just give Allen one year with legit receivers and Dabol the confidence to open up the offense in the 2nd half of games and rational fans will not be looking to dump a freak athlete who wants to be here.

• Like (+1) 1

I agree up to this point Watson has been better than Josh but I think in the next 10 years Josh will be the better QB due to be a better athlete and having better coaching, not to mention a better team around him. I doubt he catches Mahomes or Wilson but I would not be surprised if he is  right behind them.

1 minute ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

He will be fine without Hopkins? Why is his agent trying get him out of Houston and Bill O'Brien fired. Would you bet your car that Watson leads the Texans to a better record than last year. Hopkins made White look pedestrian in leading Houston to victory in the playoff game. Look at his stats in the 4th qtr of that game. How many guys not named Julio Jones, does that? Just give Allen one year with legit receivers and Dabol the confidence to open up the offense in the 2nd half of games and rational fans will not be looking to dump a freak athlete who wants to be here.

No I think the Texans will have a worse record. But actually my reason for that is their defense not their offense. Their secondary is among the worst in the NFL, they have lost two of their best front 7 players in consecutive offseasons (Reader and Clowney) and JJ Watt great as he has been is 31 and has played more than 8 games once in 4 seasons. Last year they were 19th in points against and bottom 5 in yards. Their defensive personnel as of today is worse than it was last year, hard to see that getting better. I don't deny the greatness of DeAndre Hopkins but his production was down last year and they still have some decent receivers. And I just think Watson is really good. I don't think he was made good by Hopkins. I think he is good. The kid has some special in him. The play the put the dagger in the Bills in the playoffs was a play to Taiwan Jones (once a Bill, then a Texan, now a Bill again) a special teamer who barely plays on offense. It was a play made by Watson. He isn't a guy who can only produce with the elite. I think the Texans finish somewhere around .500 and move on from Bill O'Brien after this season. But I don't think their inferior win-loss record will be attributable to any discernible decline in Watson's play.

As for rational fans wanting to dump Allen..... I am a rational fan. I don't want to dump Allen. All I did was answer the question posed by the OP honestly. As usual when that is anything other than glowing about Josh what comes back is a torrent of accusations of being a hater, or wanting to dump him or the quite frankly ludicrous assertion that if I think that I should wager money on Allen under producing. It is possible to be a Bills fan, to like where Josh is and to still think there are other guys you would take ahead of him. I'm sorry if that upsets you.

• Awesome! (+1) 1