5th year option on Allen or bid on Watson in FA in 22

Mango

11 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

You agreed w the guy that did

I was agreeing with the point about who you would and wouldn't swap Watson for. When I thumbs up a post it doesn't mean I agree with every single word written, but then you know that and you are just being ridiculous.

Assuming this season even happens we'll know once and for all in year 3 what we have in Josh. He's got a solid wr group. He'll have Singletary and probably a really good drafted RB2. If Knox improves and the O-line doesn't regress, he can't possibly screw this up. But if he does this will be the year we find out. I personally think he will make another incremental improvement into the mid 90's qb rating. And lead the Bills to a 10-6 AFCE title. 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I was agreeing with the point about who you would and wouldn't swap Watson for. When I thumbs up a post it doesn't mean I agree with every single word written, but then you know that and you are just being ridiculous.

These remind of those ridiculous “Would you trade EJ for Tannehill” threads some troll would always start. 

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I wouldn't swap Watson for Allen right now. In fact, I will wager $1000 Allen finishes with any two of the following: more passing yards, more combined TDs, higher ANY/A than Watson this year.

You in?

Just now, FireChans said:

These remind of those ridiculous “Would you trade EJ for Tannehill” threads some troll would always start. 

For sure the thread is not meant as any serious consideration. Most people believe there is no chance Watson hits the market. 

Just now, GoBills808 said:

I wouldn't swap Watson for Allen right now. In fact, I will wager $1000 Allen finishes with any two of the following: more passing yards, more combined TDs, higher ANY/A than Watson this year.

You in?

No. Why would I wager $1000 in a bet that then requires me to want Allen to perform poorly? 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BobChalmers said:

Well apparently COVID can cause hallucinations and even brain damage, so I get where you're coming from!  ?

Watson will NOT be available.

in a normal state he wouldn’t.   But BOB is one crazy dude.  

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

You in?

You’re insane.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

For sure the thread is not meant as any serious consideration. Most people believe there is no chance Watson hits the market. 

No. Why would I wager $1000 in a bet that then requires me to want Allen to perform poorly? 

Put your $ where your mouth is. Otherwise why would you say you'd take Watson and then not wager on him outperforming Allen?

You’re insane.

So you in?

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

It’s catnip to the insane Bills fans though. We had a few back in the day who said EJ still had more upside and potential when he was competing with Matt Cassell. 

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Put your $ where your mouth is. Otherwise why would you say you'd take Watson and then not wager on him outperforming Allen?

So you in?

Because I am a Bills fan. Being financially invested in the Quarterback performing less well makes absolutely no sense to me. 

EDIT: If you wanted to do a $50 charity bet then sure I am in. I just am not putting any sort of serious money on an outcome I desperately don't want. 

Edited by GunnerBill

This is an embarrassing tough guy spiel.

I got receipts. I'm guessing you're out then.

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Because I am a Bills fan. Being financially invested in the Quarterback performing less well makes absolutely no sense to me. 

EDIT: If you wanted to do a $50 charity bet then sure I am in. I just am not putting any sort of serious money on an outcome I desperately don't want. 

Why? If Watson is so superior it should be easy money for you. You put him in the Wilson/Mahomes category ffs, and I know those two are going to outperform Allen

I think Watson is way overrated and I am willing to wager on that. 

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I got receipts. I'm guessing you're out then.

Why? If Watson is so superior it should be easy money for you. You put him in the Wilson/Mahomes category ffs, and I know those two are going to outperform Allen

I think Watson is way overrated and I am willing to wager on that. 

I didn't put him in that category. I quite clearly have those two in a category all on their own. That is my point. I think Watson sits in the next group with 4 or 5 others. 

You are still not getting it. I don't consider any sort of money is sufficient to make me root against Allen's success. I wouldn't take the bet if you were offering me Mahomes and Wilson combined to be out performed by Allen. It still involves financially investing in rooting against the Bills. That is frankly bizarre to me. 

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

lol I bet against the Bills sometimes when the price is right

I never have and I never will. I don't bet on Arsenal and I don't bet on the Buffalo Bills. 

Edit: again beyond $50 charity bets which I have had about Bills related issues with people on this board a number of times over the years. 

Edited by GunnerBill