I think the Bills are done with Free-Agency until after the Draft.

On 4/3/2020 at 8:34 PM, billsfan89 said:

This is all hypothetical as we don't know if Clowney's price tag is coming down just yet or if he would accept a one year deal at this moment. I agree if the cost of upgrading Trent Murphy's roster spot is 7 million plus Lee Smith I do it. Especially since a one year deal for Clowney doesn't impact the team's cap situation long term beyond a little bit of roll over. 

BUT I think the Bills should monitor the situation and wait in the wings with a 18 million dollar one year offer. I would even still consider a DE in round 2 or 3 even if they swap Clowney for Murphy just to get younger a deeper behind the older Hughes and Addision. 

I'd offer him 12, and hope to settle on 14.  

I'm thinking that if Beane doesn't get the RB he wants at the draft then they will be signing one of Carlos Hyde, Lamer Miller, or Devonta Freeman shortly after, hopefully to a cheap deal. I don't believe anything about Yeldon being our RB2.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Freeman had a bad year last year running the ball for the Falcons, but was a pretty decent receiver.

I wouldn't mind Freeman on a cheap deal to be a third down back but the Bills don't need that kind of role player on the roster. Yeldon and Singletary are both backs that can catch the ball and play well on third down and other throwing situations. The Bills need a power early down short yardage back which Freeman is not. 

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

I wouldn't mind Freeman on a cheap deal to be a third down back but the Bills don't need that kind of role player on the roster. Yeldon and Singletary are both backs that can catch the ball and play well on third down and other throwing situations. The Bills need a power early down short yardage back which Freeman is not. 

If the Bills wanna go the veteran power back mode, they can go after Miller or Hyde.

And I don't think this coaching staff is all that high on Yeldon whatsoever. He is definitely a bubble player.

Just now, njbuff said:

If the Bills wanna go the veteran power back mode, they can go after Miller or Hyde.

And I don't think this coaching staff is all that high on Yeldon whatsoever. He is definitely a bubble player.

I think they draft a RB in that mold in round 4 or 5 (much more pressing needs at DE and WR depth wise) I think they are OK with Yeldon as a backup. He is a good receiving back that if Singletary or the other back gets hurt can come in and be a third down back. I wouldn't be shocked if they do bring in some competition for Yeldon but he is solid as a team's vet third down back backup. 

19 hours ago, GreggTX said:

I really hope we do something to upgrade the OL, but that's looking like a remote possibility.

Of the Bills starting 5 O-line players who do you feel is such a massive liability? Dawkins is a solid LT who is entering his 4th year, Spain is an above average guard who shouldn't decline in play, Mitch is a top 5-8 center in the league, and Feliciano was a very good guard last year. 

I get everyone on here hates Ford but he finished the year strong when Ty got hurt AND they still brought in D.Williams to compete with him while they still had Ty on the roster. The depth on this line is insane too. Long and Ty are starting caliber players who are versatile off the bench, D.Williams was a former All-Pro who is still in his 20's and Bates is a young versatile player who played well last season. 

I think the O-line is good esp after brining in D.Williams to push Cody at RT. I can't think of a time when all 5 positions along the O-line had quality players and there was good depth behind them. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, below said:

They are waiting on the draft before signing a RB. Very very likely they sign one of those vet RBs post draft.

Yup.  No need to rush and sign one now.  See what the draft brings and then sign one in FA if you need, when his price will be at its lowest.

20 hours ago, GreggTX said:

I really hope we do something to upgrade the OL, but that's looking like a remote possibility.

Honestly, there is nothing left out there that is better than our starters. Some good depth like Cam Erving or James Hurst, but no true upgrades out there. Daryl Williams was probably the best we could do and we got him. I feel like we are in a good place there. 

On 4/4/2020 at 12:57 AM, MAJBobby said:

I think most of their signings are done, reason being we currently have 69 on contract, with 7 draft picks, that would bring the total to 78 players.  

That puts the Bills with at 14 spots after the draft to get to 90, that is right in line with Historically the number of UDFA that they typically bring in.  

Now they could likely add some more 1 year deals, but I think they will wait until after the draft and see what shakes out at this point.

Last year they added Yeldon just three or four days before the draft. I think it's very possible that they add a guy or two just before or after. If you get guys now, they're feeling the pressure and are likely to be very flexible on price.

On 4/4/2020 at 1:05 AM, Logic said:

He'll sign a couple more one-year, vet minimum types.

I'm thinking a backup offensive lineman and a running back.

Yup, that's my guess.

It's tough because you can't work anybody out right now or have our doctors evaluate them because of the tomhanks virus.  See what remaining holes you have after the draft and then go bargain hunting.  I doubt they make a run at the top FA DE's still available.