Thielen bummed out about Diggs trade

Not sure if this is thread worthy. Mods can merge if needed.  ..

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001108262/article/vikings-wr-adam-thielen-calls-diggs-trade-a-bummer

I just caught this article and again , Diggs work ethic is highlighted again and Thielen is clearly a bit upset. Everybody that talks about Diggs from the Vikes organization has had nothing but extremely positive things to say , except the bitter fans. 

Not only is Diggs a #1 WR on the field, but he's one off the field too. Football is everything to him , he elevates his teammates and has a strong work ethic. P.S -  Just ordered my Diggs jersey 

• Like (+1) 4

Of course he is bummed. Defenses can now key in on him more. I think this quote from Thielen is more of the story here:

"I have so much respect for him of how hard he works, how he approaches the game of football,'' Thielen said. "I've learned so much from him as far as a receiver, how to run routes, different things like that. ... We've talked since he got traded. ... He is one of my good friends and will be for the rest of our lives.''

He can improve or WR corp by not only forcing double teams but also refining their individual games. Im PISSED their is no offseason for the boys to get together but looking forward to this year and beyond for the Diggs effect to to fully bloom. Just need Josh to play to his full potential and we are def going to be contenders for years to come.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Yes, very excited to have him and looking forward to seeing this offense compete with him a big part of it. I expect Brown to get a lot more rec with Diggs getting a lot of attention.

Beasly also, I think this offense will be difficult to defend, expecially if Allen takes another step up this season.

• Like (+1) 2

Diggs, Brown, Beasley maybe the best trio since the 90s ?  Name a better trio between now and then ?

Then give Josh some better protection and better schemes-calls (no fly patterns for fullbacks come to mind for some off reason)

Add some accuracy, maturity, touch from Josh and Diggs could be our first all-pro WR since ?  Moulds, Lee Evans, Price ?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

Not sure if this is thread worthy. Mods can merge if needed.  ..

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001108262/article/vikings-wr-adam-thielen-calls-diggs-trade-a-bummer

I just caught this article and again , Diggs work ethic is highlighted again and Thielen is clearly a bit upset. Everybody that talks about Diggs from the Vikes organization has had nothing but extremely positive things to say , except the bitter fans. 

Not only is Diggs a #1 WR on the field, but he's one off the field too. Football is everything to him , he elevates his teammates and has a strong work ethic. P.S -  Just ordered my Diggs jersey 

Adam Thielen come on over!!!!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

As said above, he is now going to have to take the brunt of coverage packages, he knows damn well Diggs was a big part of his success.  Diggs comes to a situation where there is a thousand yard receiver in place, with a very good slot guy as well, so if he is doubled it leaves those others in one on one coverages that they can beat, and visa versa if others get doubled.  Hell I’d be bummed too if I was him. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

So the players totally respect him.....why was there such a disconnect with coaching/management?

Diggs seems like a dream come true for this team

I guess the offensive philosophy? Albeit to me it really only changed last year when they went to a run first offence. 

Hes  had 84, 112, 95, 149, 94 targets the last 5 years. 

Anyone know the timeline as to when he became upset? 

3 hours ago, StHustle said:

Of course he is bummed. Defenses can now key in on him more. I think this quote from Thielen is more of the story here:

"I have so much respect for him of how hard he works, how he approaches the game of football,'' Thielen said. "I've learned so much from him as far as a receiver, how to run routes, different things like that. ... We've talked since he got traded. ... He is one of my good friends and will be for the rest of our lives.''

He can improve or WR corp by not only forcing double teams but also refining their individual games. Im PISSED their is no offseason for the boys to get together but looking forward to this year and beyond for the Diggs effect to to fully bloom. Just need Josh to play to his full potential and we are def going to be contenders for years to come.

The Diggs Effect  love it

3 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Yes, very excited to have him and looking forward to seeing this offense compete with him a big part of it. I expect Brown to get a lot more rec with Diggs getting a lot of attention.

Beasly also, I think this offense will be difficult to defend, expecially if Allen takes another step up this season.

No Question.

Josh should be pretty stoked

2 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Adam Thielen come on over!!!!!

was thinking the same !!

I think we talked about him quite about last years. Thinking Diggs was unobtainable (sp) (even a word)

32 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

So the players totally respect him.....why was there such a disconnect with coaching/management?

Diggs seems like a dream come true for this team

what DJB said is the standard story. Vikings management look weak with this move.
run 1st when you have solid receivers ?

2 hours ago, First Round Bust said:

Diggs, Brown, Beasley maybe the best trio since the 90s ?  Name a better trio between now and then ?

Then give Josh some better protection and better schemes-calls (no fly patterns for fullbacks come to mind for some off reason)

Add some accuracy, maturity, touch from Josh and Diggs could be our first all-pro WR since ?  Moulds, Lee Evans, Price ?

You did mean on the Bills -- not the entire NFL, correct?

4 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

It’s going to be interesting see Thelin’s numbers this season without having Diggs  There’s probably a good chance that Minnesota drafts his replacement this year.

I think that's a given.  The question is: do they package one or both of their 1st rounders to move up and get one of the blue chippers, which would cost more than the Bills gave up?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

As said above, he is now going to have to take the brunt of coverage packages, he knows damn well Diggs was a big part of his success.  Diggs comes to a situation where there is a thousand yard receiver in place, with a very good slot guy as well, so if he is doubled it leaves those others in one on one coverages that they can beat, and visa versa if others get doubled.  Hell I’d be bummed too if I was him. 

Go Bills!!!

All of this.   Plus, for all his virtues, Kirk Cousins simply does not inspire a lot of confidence.   Losing a weapon makes Cousins less effective.  

As an aside, after reading the article, I watched the video.   I haven't looked at highlights since the day of the trade.   I was startled looking at the plays Diggs makes.   He's a play-maker in a class comfortably higher than John Brown.   He's not Antonio Brown, but he's similar.   He's a big-time acquisition.  And what's more amazing is that Diggs is probably thrilled - goes from a receiving duo to a receiving trio, goes to a team with a guy who promises to be a better QB, in an environment where people are starved to win.    

Edited by Shaw66
  • Like (+1) 4