2020 Draft, biggest bust potential

On 4/4/2020 at 12:34 AM, GunnerBill said:

Would not shock me if Chaisson never lives up to that. Sort of Shaq like. Good player but not a top 20 pick. I found him the single hardest player to grade this year. My big worry is you put on the Georgia tape against a 1st round talent at tackle in Thomas and he gets manhandled for the most part. 

@Blokestradamus - as per our PM. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Of the surefire 1st rounders I'd say Jerry Jeudy, if the report about his knees is accurate. He has inconsistent hands and an injury concern. That's someone I would take off my board in the 1st round. Like a mix between the worst aspects of Amari Cooper and Sammy Watkins, I could see him having a very frustrating career despite his obvious talent.

I hate to say it but I keep seeing Jedrick Willis Jr. in the top 10 and I can't understand why. The kid is good, very talented but top 10? He plays RT (yeah I get it, Tua is left handed) and he seemed to lose concentration on too many plays, resulting in penalties that would drive Saban insane. This is strange too because I have heard him talk and he seems to be a smart kid.

Do I view him as a first rounder? I guess so.

A top 10 pick? Not if I was the GM.

Do I like him more than I liked Kouandjio coming out of college? Yes, much more and I warned you all about CK.

You guys never expected this post lol.

If I have time tonight I will give my ratings of the Alabama draft eligibles.

34 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Of the surefire 1st rounders I'd say Jerry Jeudy, if the report about his knees is accurate. He has inconsistent hands and an injury concern. That's someone I would take off my board in the 1st round. Like a mix between the worst aspects of Amari Cooper and Sammy Watkins, I could see him having a very frustrating career despite his obvious talent.

That WAS a bold prediction HD, if for no other reason, the kid is virtually impossible to cover.

On 4/3/2020 at 2:49 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s the point. A school doesn’t determine if a guy will be good or bad. It’s a player and their traits. Jamarcus Russell played at LSU. He was the 1st pick and a massive bust. Ben played at Miami of Ohio and is going to the HOF. That doesn’t mean that Burrow will be terrible and the next QB from Miami will go to the HOF. What AJ McCarron has done as a pro has nothing to do with Tua. 

In that case I’ll go with  Tua who will be the biggest BUST !!!

Go Bills !!!!

Edited by Putin

Herbert.

He's in the Josh Rosen/Mitch Trubisky camp of weak mental toughness.  He'll get drafted high and will likely encounter a lot of difficulty and setbacks. 

90% of the time rookies flourish on conquering the mental aspects of football. The mental toughness to persevere.  Can you run a specific route?   Can you understand a play, not just memorize it? 

If it was just based on physical traits, C.J. Spiller and Leodis McKelvin would be having Hall of Fame careers.  

The team that drafts Herbert would be wise to do the Aaron Rodgers plan.  

On 4/3/2020 at 4:53 PM, mjt328 said:

Quarterbacks always have the biggest bust potential.

Nobody comes from college to the NFL completely ready to play the position (although this can sometimes be hidden by athletic talent and/or simplistic offensive scheme).

except Andrew Luck

2 hours ago, PIZ said:

thank you. so many delusional fans want to draft Dugger. For what exactly? 

we have arguably the best secondary in the league. why the hell would we draft a 24 year old project guy when the franchise is clearly priming for a SB run in the next 2-3 years. we need guys who can come in and contribute from day 1 

On 4/7/2020 at 9:09 AM, Kirby Jackson said:

I guess the point I’m trying to make is they are all different. That’s why I used the Miami of Ohio example. Over the last 40 years they produced a HOF QB and a bunch of guys. It’s not the school that determines your future success. It’s your physical and mental skills. Tua has pinpoint accuracy, mobility, a big enough arm, is the son of a coach, and is elite with his play fakes. He has all of the traits of a successful modern QB (with the exception of his injury history).

I’m not saying that Tua will be great or terrible (or anywhere in between). All that I’m saying is that playing at Alabama isn’t a factor in determining his success. 

playing at Alabama, behind an NFL caliber OL, masks many of his flaws and allows him time to throw to 2 top 15 NFL WRs.

he is not likely to be in a better position in the NFL

Alabama may not impact his future success, but it may be elevating the projectiobn iof that success for the draft

that is- if he played elsewhere, he may not have been hyped as superman coming into the draft