2020 Draft, biggest bust potential

52 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Bungles ruin everything. Their OL is likely to be bad again, and they stick in a rookie on day 1. Recipe for disaster.

The Bengals were an annual playoff team a few years ago.  I think people overrate how bad they are.  

And it’s Ruggs.  Like any receiver, it depends where he goes. But he is going to get drafted pretty high and I think he is a #2 at best.  Could be a really good 2 but again, he needs the right situation.  

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Herbert, Love, Chaisson, Becton

I actually found this pretty easy. Biggest bust potential to me is always a high ceiling, low floor prospect. These guys all check those boxes IMO.

If I have to pick one I’ll pick Chaisson.

Agree with all of those but I think Chaisson's floor is just a bit higher than Becton's.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Agree with all of those but I think Chaisson's floor is just a bit higher than Becton's.

Fair enough and he was obviously in consideration. I was SO tempted to say Love but if he ends up as Mahomes I’ll never hear the end of it. I chickened our and picked a guy that will keep me more anonymous. 

10 minutes ago, Amaru523 said:

I'm going with Tua.  I don't trust Alabama QB's in the NFL, so I'm going with a, gotta see it to believe it approach.

Do you trust Miami of Ohio QBs in the NFL? 

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Fair enough and he was obviously in consideration. I was SO tempted to say Love but if he ends up as Mahomes I’ll never hear the end of it. I chickened our and picked a guy that will keep me more anonymous. 

Do you trust Miami of Ohio QBs in the NFL? 

I don't love Love but at least he has a trait or two you can latch onto. I don't see what is special about Herbert at all. 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I don't love Love but at least he has a trait or two you can latch onto. I don't see what is special about Herbert at all. 

Sounds like teams are pretty split on them at this point. It’s going to be interesting IMO to see who goes first. 

Just now, Blokestradamus said:

I've barely watched a college game in 2 years. To be honest, the whole "Draft Twitter" thing burned me out. I've never been happier.

I don’t like it. I don’t like it one bit. 

I think K'Lavon Chaisson is the biggest bust.  He reminds me of Rashan Gary from Michigan last year.  Great numbers, everything athletic is there, but a total lack of production from what you want to see when picking someone that high.  

8 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

It is weird going from grading 400+ players to wondering if Joe Burrow is a QB or a cartoon rabbit.

Can I vote for both?

7 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I think K'Lavon Chaisson is the biggest bust.  He reminds me of Rashan Gary from Michigan last year.  Great numbers, everything athletic is there, but a total lack of production from what you want to see when picking someone that high.  

I still have hope for Gary. I know he only played spot duty and on a rotational basis his rookie year but I thought he was decent when he was out there. Got to remember the two FAs tore it up which made it harder to get Gary on the field.

6 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

It is weird going from grading 400+ players to wondering if Joe Burrow is a QB or a cartoon rabbit.

I’ll bring you up to speed on everything that you’ve missed. There is a lot of talent in the SEC (specifically Alabama and LSU). There are a couple of guys from Iowa that are going to go in the 1st (as there always seems to be lately). The 3 best players in the draft play at or played at Ohio State. There are lots of wide receivers, good tackles and running backs. The draft is thin at IOL and edge. Probably looking at 4-5 first round QBs. Burrow has the fewest question marks which is why he’s going 1.  There, that should get you caught up...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’ll bring you up to speed on everything that you’ve missed. There is a lot of talent in the SEC (specifically Alabama and LSU). There are a couple of guys from Iowa that are going to go in the 1st (as there always seems to be lately). The 3 best players in the draft play at or played at Ohio State. There are lots of wide receivers, good tackles and running backs. The draft is thin at IOL and edge. Probably looking at 4-5 first round QBs. Burrow has the fewest question marks which is why he’s going 1.  There, that should get you caught up...

Kirbs that is not the sort of detail Blokes used to scout for. He wants to know whose buns would crack a walnut and does Central Indiana State have a kicker he can get excited about? 

• Haha (+1) 2