2020 Draft, biggest bust potential

1 minute ago, spartacus said:

playing at Alabama, behind an NFL caliber OL, masks many of his flaws and allows him time to throw to 2 top 15 NFL WRs.

he is not likely to be in a better position in the NFL

Alabama may not impact his future success, but it may be elevating the projectiobn iof that success for the draft

that is- if he played elsewhere, he may not have been hyped as superman coming into the draft

I think that all of that is fair except Tua was a 5 star and the #1 dual threat QB in the country prior to getting to Alabama. He has always been an elite talent. 

It also works both ways in that he has elevated the OL and receivers with his pinpoint accuracy and quick reads. It’s the same argument that people are making for Joe Burrow but the only difference is Tua has ALWAYS been considered an elite talent. Burrow is based on this year.

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that all of that is fair except Tua was a 5 star and the #1 dual threat QB in the country prior to getting to Alabama. He has always been an elite talent. 

It also works both ways in that he has elevated the OL and receivers with his pinpoint accuracy and quick reads. It’s the same argument that people are making for Joe Burrow but the only difference is Tua has ALWAYS been considered an elite talent. Burrow is based on this year.

Completely agree.  Alabama’s offense was night and day after Tua took over for Hurts.  

5 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

These points are why it is SO difficult to assess QB prospects.  It is very difficult to tell who can process information quickly and make best decisions when some are sitting behind almost NFL quality OLs throwing to top level Pro WRs while others are running for their lives trying to make plays to midling WRs from a trailing position in many games that allows defenses to tee of on them.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

These points are why it is SO difficult to assess QB prospects.  It is very difficult to tell who can process information quickly and make best decisions when some are sitting behind almost NFL quality OLs throwing to top level Pro WRs while others are running for their lives trying to make plays to midling WRs from a trailing position in many games that allows defenses to tee of on them.

I agree 100%. You can talk yourself in and out of prospects so easily.