2020 Draft, biggest bust potential

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

I think K'Lavon Chaisson is the biggest bust.  He reminds me of Rashan Gary from Michigan last year.  Great numbers, everything athletic is there, but a total lack of production from what you want to see when picking someone that high.  

Difference is that Chaisson is only 20 years old and was trending up in production at the end of the year.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Fair enough and he was obviously in consideration. I was SO tempted to say Love but if he ends up as Mahomes I’ll never hear the end of it. I chickened our and picked a guy that will keep me more anonymous. 

Do you trust Miami of Ohio QBs in the NFL? 

Not sure what that means?..??  Big Ben?

1 hour ago, Amaru523 said:

Not sure what that means?..??  Big Ben?

That’s the point. A school doesn’t determine if a guy will be good or bad. It’s a player and their traits. Jamarcus Russell played at LSU. He was the 1st pick and a massive bust. Ben played at Miami of Ohio and is going to the HOF. That doesn’t mean that Burrow will be terrible and the next QB from Miami will go to the HOF. What AJ McCarron has done as a pro has nothing to do with Tua. 

Quarterbacks always have the biggest bust potential.

Nobody comes from college to the NFL completely ready to play the position (although this can sometimes be hidden by athletic talent and/or simplistic offensive scheme).

Tua, without a doubt.  He's injury-prone, undersized and had the luxury of throwing to NFL receivers his entire career.  I would love it if the Phins took him and I'd love it even more if they move up for the privilege.

4 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Difference is that Chaisson is only 20 years old and was trending up in production at the end of the year.

fair point.  But I would still avoid him in Rd. 1.   I want a freak athlete who produced.  

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Point is they run out quite fast those types. Chaisson is my last first round grade. 20th on my big board. 

yeah, that’d be okay.  but I bet he goes top 15 and is underwhelming in yr. 1.   

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

yeah, that’d be okay.  but I bet he goes top 15 and is underwhelming in yr. 1.   

Would not shock me if Chaisson never lives up to that. Sort of Shaq like. Good player but not a top 20 pick. I found him the single hardest player to grade this year. My big worry is you put on the Georgia tape against a 1st round talent at tackle in Thomas and he gets manhandled for the most part. 

Edited by GunnerBill

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think he is a better football player than Maybin. But his lack of a true position and true production is a legit concern. 

I just think he is very high on the bust list, I’m an LSU guy and I have never understood his appeal. Outside of playing a highly sought after position he is BLAH.

I think Jordan Love will be terrible. He has no shot at being a starting NFL QB. I have no idea how this kid made the top 20. He’s bad. I wouldn’t take him till the 4th round and even then I’d have zero faith in him as a starter. He’s EJ Manuel all over again and I feel sorry for any team that takes him. Out of the league in 5 years. Please, New England, please take this guy in the first round.

22 hours ago, WorstTEever81 said:

I would say Chaisson also... could be the next Aaron 'Mayhem' Maybin

I have not watched enough to know but that is an insult of highest order. 

16 hours ago, mannc said:

Tua, without a doubt.  He's injury-prone, undersized and had the luxury of throwing to NFL receivers his entire career.  I would love it if the Phins took him and I'd love it even more if they move up for the privilege.

I have a co-worker who has watched all of Tua and says the biggest thing for him will be a good line and patient coaches. The fact Tua almost always had a large advantage talent wise will require him to adjust and his line will need to keep him upright to survive