Tre' vs Diggs in practice everyday / Tre's new contract

Tre'Davious White has two seasons under his belt and I don't think he has hit his ceiling yet.  Lining up everyday against Diggs in practice has got to push his development. I think it's fair to say that on most Sundays, Tre' is not going to line up against wide receivers who are as good as Diggs.  I think one of the under appreciated benefits of bringing Diggs in, is how it will help elevate the play of Tre' and the entire secondary.  Conversely, Diggs will also have to elevate his game going against a top 3 NFL corner and elite secondary on the daily.  Win - Win for the Bills.

The NFL makes $5 billion a year from the TV contracts and it is expected that that number will increase by 25-30% with this new deal.  Some network execs say the broadcast rights could go up as much as 50% this time around.  Those negotiations are underway right now with no clear time table for any announcement, but it is fully expected to happen this year.  The current contract runs out in 2022.  One interesting rumor is that the new contract will do away with exclusive Conference (AFC/NFC) affiliations, so AFC games will end up on multiple networks throughout the season.  The new CBA gives the players 48 - 48.5% of the NFL's revenue starting in 2021.  The majority of that is in the TV rights.  The players currently get 47% and the new CBA is expected to increase the players cut by $5 billion over the course of the 10 year CBA.

As for these TV negotiations impacting Tre' White and the Bills, I'm hoping that after the NFL negotiates the new TV contracts, that Tre's agent will give the green light to start talking about a contract extension.  I think it would be fiscal malpractice for Tre's agent to jump the gun on negotiations before he has an idea of how much money is going to be in the pot for teams to throw around with the new TV contracts. That may also be why there hasn't been a lot of movement on Dawkins and Milano too.  Beane hinted at that in the presser today.  He said it "takes two" to get a deal done.  I suspect that there are a lot of players, agents, and GMs waiting to see those numbers and then we will likely see a bunch of deals getting done around the League pretty quickly.  The Bills need to lock up Tre' ASAP.

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Yeah, good point.  After training camp are the 1’s really grinding it out against each other in practice much?  Doubt it.

Unless they are going at it after practice they probably aren't getting much burn together in season

During camp yea but the ones are going against scout in season

13 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Tre'Davious White has two seasons under his belt and I don't think he has hit his ceiling yet.  Lining up everyday against Diggs in practice has got to push his development. I think it's fair to say that on most Sundays, Tre' is not going to line up against wide receivers who are as good as Diggs.  I think one of the under appreciated benefits of bringing Diggs in, is how it will help elevate the play of Tre' and the entire secondary.  Conversely, Diggs will also have to elevate his game going against a top 3 NFL corner and elite secondary on the daily.  Win - Win for the Bills.

The NFL makes $5 billion a year from the TV contracts and it is expected that that number will increase by 25-30% with this new deal.  Some network execs say the broadcast rights could go up as much as 50% this time around.  Those negotiations are underway right now with no clear time table for any announcement, but it is fully expected to happen this year.  The current contract runs out in 2022.  One interesting rumor is that the new contract will do away with exclusive Conference (AFC/NFC) affiliations, so AFC games will end up on multiple networks throughout the season.  The new CBA gives the players 48 - 48.5% of the NFL's revenue starting in 2021.  The majority of that is in the TV rights.  The players currently get 47% and the new CBA is expected to increase the players cut by $5 billion over the course of the 10 year CBA.

As for these TV negotiations impacting Tre' White and the Bills, I'm hoping that after the NFL negotiates the new TV contracts, that Tre's agent will give the green light to start talking about a contract extension.  I think it would be fiscal malpractice for Tre's agent to jump the gun on negotiations before he has an idea of how much money is going to be in the pot for teams to throw around with the new TV contracts. That may also be why there hasn't been a lot of movement on Dawkins and Milano too.  Beane hinted at that in the presser today.  He said it "takes two" to get a deal done.  I suspect that there are a lot of players, agents, and GMs waiting to see those numbers and then we will likely see a bunch of deals getting done around the League pretty quickly.  The Bills need to lock up Tre' ASAP.

Wow alot of good info there. Thanks for sharing.

• Thank you (+1) 1