The official retirement count down

LewPort71

6 weeks in.

I have done the morning walking and a bunch of yard work.

We were supposed to go on an Alaska cruise in two weeks, but that got nuked.

We did go to Michigan to see my sister for the Fourth.  Fireworks were canceled

except in neighborhood driveways and some of them were great.

We just got our SS checks, so we thank all of you workers who contribute

to the SS fund. 

• 2 weeks later...

Today was supposed to be day one of the Alaska cruise me, Mrs. Lew and grandson had planned.

No sailing to and from US ports until after Sept. 30..... maybe.

Our next cruise will be in 2022.

I just hit the point where I can take money out of my 401K and not have to pay the penalty, just the taxes. Friday I'm taking 5K out to get the tree's trimmed. It won't take all of that but I should have a couple to get some things done around here that I won't/can't do anymore. Slowly easing myself/us into your style of life... but I have a couple more years to go.

9 hours ago, T&C said:

I just hit the point where I can take money out of my 401K and not have to pay the penalty, just the taxes. Friday I'm taking 5K out to get the tree's trimmed. It won't take all of that but I should have a couple to get some things done around here that I won't/can't do anymore. Slowly easing myself/us into your style of life... but I have a couple more years to go.

It is amazing how expensive tree trimming is.  I had some done the last two years and will probably do some more the next two.

3 hours ago, Greybeard said:

It is amazing how expensive tree trimming is.  I had some done the last two years and will probably do some more the next two.

It really is but as you know it just has to be done. One of my customers referred me to a local guy who charges $1,000 a day... 8 steady hours per, everything is chipped and cleaned up at the end of the day. So I guess it'll take him 2-3 days to get what I currently need done. Hurricane season is upon us and I want some peace of mind lol.