WGR, Entercom: Significant furloughs, positions eliminated

2 hours ago, Doc said:

There are no elective cases so my surgery center has been shut down.  They had us shift to the parent hospital for a week but cases there are getting scarce and we don't take call.

Can we arrange a back alley weiner implant? Gotta take the advice of an NFL player when you get it... Thank you Levi Wallace!!!:wub:

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Entercom Buffalo owns WGR, WBEN, Star 102.5, Alternative Buffalo 107.7, Kiss 98.5, 1400 WWWS and ESPN 1520.

Entercom Rochester owns WCMF, WBEE, 98PXY, 98.9 The Buzz, and ESPN 950/95.7

https://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/195159/entercom-follows-most-of-the-industry-with-layoffs

What are you going to advertize? there are no revenues

19 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Can we arrange a back alley weiner implant? Gotta take the advice of an NFL player when you get it... Thank you Levi Wallace!!!:wub:

Uh...no.

• Haha (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

I’m surprised that PSE is still paying the Instigator crew to do a show 

Peters is always a good listen...he is entertaining....rivs is pretty good...then Marty comes in and ***** it all up.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SDS said:

In the middle of a pandemic you want to see people laid off because of your listening tastes? ***** off.

Alright.  In hindsight that was a little harsh.  In truth, I don't want to see anyone lose their job...pandemic or no pandemic.  Should he move on to a different market...that would be the ideal.

1 hour ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

I wouldn’t mind seeing you go away

See the above comment.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, notwoz said:

Your comment reminds me of the lyrics to the Grateful Dead's "Uncle John's Band."

"Cause when life looks like easy street, there is danger at your door"

I hope you make it through unscathed. But you never know what's around the corner.

Stay strong, and that means allowing yourselves to feel and express all emotions, even the ones society tells you you have to keep in to be masculine.

Anyway, the Dead also said this, though I'm not quite sure if the song is about the inevitability of an outcome, or the ability to realize the path you're taking's no good and getting off of it...either way, didn't work out the best for August West:

But I'll get back
on my feet someday,
The good Lord willing
if He says I may.
'cause I know the life I'm
livin's no good.
I'll get a new start,
live the life I should.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I imagine that John Murphy and Steve Tasker are funded by the Pegulas and the Bills.  They are probably safe.  I could see Sal Capaccio getting laid off.

Sal can do anything there. He’s probably the most versatile. 

24 minutes ago, SDS said:

Yep. You don’t have to always agree with his takes but you can tell he at least does his homework and has some backup for his opinions. The other guys, sometimes not so much. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SDS said:

I like him.  He doesn't have the seniority of a lot of the staff.  If it were me, I'd get rid of Mike Schope and keep Capaccio.  I'm just guessing they won't think the same way I do.