WGR, Entercom: Significant furloughs, positions eliminated

Entercom Buffalo owns WGR, WBEN, Star 102.5, Alternative Buffalo 107.7, Kiss 98.5, 1400 WWWS and ESPN 1520.

Entercom Rochester owns WCMF, WBEE, 98PXY, 98.9 The Buzz, and ESPN 950/95.7

https://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/195159/entercom-follows-most-of-the-industry-with-layoffs

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Surprised they don’t have you working overtime.

There are no elective cases so my surgery center has been shut down.  They had us shift to the parent hospital for a week but cases there are getting scarce and we don't take call.

As a software engineer I feel both happy and somewhat guilty that short of a global nuclear apocalypse(and maybe not even then) I won't have to worry about not having a job and still am being recruited on a daily basis as hard as ever.

That being said it is crazy to realize just how many jobs are being lost right now with so many industries being shut down.

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

As a software engineer I feel both happy and somewhat guilty that short of a global nuclear apocalypse(and maybe not even then) I won't have to worry about not having a job and still am being recruited on a daily basis as hard as ever.

That being said it is crazy to realize just how many jobs are being lost right now with so many industries being shut down.

I feel the same way as a system administrator but at the same time still wonder what is going to happen over the next month or two. 

All of our clients are now working remotely and the need for support has gone down because of it so I'm hoping that nothing changes and we just have less work to do instead of cutbacks because, even though we were very publicly congratulated by our administration for the work we did to get everyone ready for this, I don't doubt we are likely near the top to be the first ones cut. 

Also being in the middle of a divorce is adding another dynamic to this. 

30 minutes ago, Doc said:

There are no elective cases so my surgery center has been shut down.  They had us shift to the parent hospital for a week but cases there are getting scarce and we don't take call.

Oh that’s right, surgeons. Hopefully they don’t ask you guys to cover the ICU lol.

20 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Oh that’s right, surgeons. Hopefully they don’t ask you guys to cover the ICU lol.

Anesthesiologist.  And I suppose they could but I doubt they will.

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

Anesthesiologist.  And I suppose they could but I doubt they will.

I’m in NYC and know dermatologists and plastic surgeons working in COVID ICUs. 

Burn ICUs were the first to be converted in most hospitals. 

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Your comment reminds me of the lyrics to the Grateful Dead's "Uncle John's Band."

"Cause when life looks like easy street, there is danger at your door"

I hope you make it through unscathed. But you never know what's around the corner.

• Like (+1) 3