Would you take a shot at Delanie Walker, 1yr cheap deal?

I’ve always liked walker but I don’t think he brings anything to this squad. We have our mismatch pass catcher in Knox and I don’t want any aging vet on his last leg taking reps from Knox. He’s the future and focus as of now. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Knox, Kroft, Croom, Smith, Sweeney

- Knox should excel in yr 2

- Kroft should return to form if injury free

- Croom can catch, and is a bit of an unknown

- Smith can block and be a pain in the a** to defenses

- Sweeney can chip in here and there

I like our TE group. I think the we're good here.

And, I think Knox has the potential to be a star.

2 hours ago, Marshallp29 said:

I feel we should at least bring him in on a cheap 1 year  deal. I know he is older and coming off an injury but this staff and front Office has made this type of move in the past. I don't feel it would hurt to have a solid vet like Delanie and Dawson knox at TE. 

old and too many injuries last few years.... HARD PASS

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Fixed

- Knox needs to learn how to catch the ball, not a top 20 TE

- Kroft is not a top 32 TE, not a starter and not a threat to any defense

- Croom can catch an STD 

- Smith can block plus kill drives with penalties

- Sweeney is a 7th rounder and has proved nothing.

ADD Talent wherever you can get it. Walker was a top 10 TE when healthy. Kick the tires, it can't hurt.  The more competition, the better.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Logic said:

I had this whacky vision last night that Jason Croom was going to come out of nowhere this year and snag a roster spot. Supremely athletic for the position, probably past his injuries now, plus he's banging the owner's daughter.

Watch out for Croom.

I've had that vision too. He's a dark horse for me. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

Fixed

- Knox needs to learn how to catch the ball, not a top 20 TE

- Kroft is not a top 32 TE, not a starter and not a threat to any defense

- Croom can catch an STD 

- Smith can block plus kill drives with penalties

- Sweeney is a 7th rounder and has proved nothing.

ADD Talent wherever you can get it. Walker was a top 10 TE when healthy. Kick the tires, it can't hurt.  The more competition, the better.

Walker was a top 10 TE about 4 years ago. He is done. If you kick him anywhere he will break. I am not against adding at Tight End. I would not have interest in Walker. He is done. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

He has been a great player but did anyone clamouring for him actually watch him try and run last year? His knees don't bend anymore. Runs like the tin man at this point. 

So you're saying he's named appropriately? Mr. Walker?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BuffaloBillies said:

I actually think Sweeney deserves to be higher up on that list

Just now, John from Riverside said:

I actually think Sweeney deserves to be higher up on that list

Croom should be at the back of that list. Everyone on that list can at least block. Croom is the KB of TE’s, not fast enough to be a WR and not strong enough to be a TE. To be honest I would be very happy if we only kept Knox and Sweeney. I would sign Walker and another rookie to round out the TE depth chart.

I think Dawson Knox is going to be a real good player for us and I haven’t given up on Sweeney yet. I think Sweeney can be a nice #2 option behind Knox. I think we’re golden at tight end, we simply need to let them grown n develop. We have a great base for a stew, just got to let the juices thicken and simmer together. I think we see these two guys take a huge leap this year. If you compare Knox’s stats to other elite TE’s numbers in their rookie year it’s damn near identical. He has so much potential it’s insane. Since they were looking to add a veteran I think that’s a more damn statement that maybe Sweeney ain’t there yet, but still a 7th round pick on a stupidly cheap contract for the next 3 years, what’s not to like? He can block, can catch pretty good, may not get a ton of separation but still gets open nonetheless.

4 hours ago, Rigotz said:

I actually feel completely opposite of this. We already have "young and healthy" guys at the TE position.

What we need is a veteran presence to teach them technique every day and be a good locker room influence.

A guy like Olsen or Walker would be huge for the development of Knox, Croom, Sweeney and even Kroft.

Not if they can’t be on the field and are nursing an injury on the sideline. That would be a waste of money

No thanks.

Gonna be 36 yrs old before the season starts, has played in only 8 games in the last 2 years and put on IR both seasons. He done.

https://titanswire.usatoday.com/2020/03/13/tennessee-titans-delanie-walker-statement-cut/

"Unfortunately, the 35-year-old veteran had trouble staying on the field the past two seasons, leading to him getting cut. The move will save the Titans $6.4 million in 2020.

Walker suffered a brutal ankle injury in 2018 that ended his season after just one game, and that same ankle wasn’t able to fully heal for him to make it all the way back in 2019, resulting in him being placed on IR after seven games played."

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Not if they can’t be on the field and are nursing an injury on the sideline. That would be a waste of money

You're missing my point. They don't need to be on the field to make an impact.