Would you take a shot at Delanie Walker, 1yr cheap deal?

5 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

Fixed

- Knox needs to learn how to catch the ball, not a top 20 TE

- Kroft is not a top 32 TE, not a starter and not a threat to any defense

- Croom can catch an STD 

- Smith can block plus kill drives with penalties

- Sweeney is a 7th rounder and has proved nothing.

ADD Talent wherever you can get it. Walker was a top 10 TE when healthy. Kick the tires, it can't hurt.  The more competition, the better.

There’s no tread left on those tires , 

7 hours ago, CSBill said:

I like our TE group. I think the we're good here.

And, I think Knox has the potential to be a star.

I think he can become a star too. 

If he ever learns how to catch a football. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Marshallp29 said:

I feel we should at least bring him in on a cheap 1 year  deal. I know he is older and coming off an injury but this staff and front Office has made this type of move in the past. I don't feel it would hurt to have a solid vet like Delanie and Dawson knox at TE. 

Nope - he has not been good for years.  I think even if they sign him at this point he is 4th or 5th on the depth chart.  He is not better than Knox, Kroft, or Sweeney.  He is on par with Smith (the veteran) and you still have Croom for speed and Becker who both are still around.

If this was 2014/15 - then yes, but right now - I want him no where near this roster.

10 hours ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Knox, Kroft, Croom, Smith, Sweeney

- Knox should excel in yr 2

- Kroft should return to form if injury free

- Croom can catch, and is a bit of an unknown

- Smith can block and be a pain in the a** to defenses

- Sweeney can chip in here and there

There’s no guarantee on a “should”

• Like (+1) 1

Always liked Walker, but it seems that his injuries are now chronic - I don’t see any upside in signing him at this point of his career. That said, If Beane wants to bring him in for a comprehensive workout (whenever that’s allowed again) I’m okay with it. I highly doubt Beane and McD will find a reason to sign him though.

12 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

with a high powered rifle and expensive scope? ?

Maybe..

Save the real ammo for the zombie apocalypse.  I was going to suggest nerf gun, slingshot, or water balloon.

And I would respectfully remind the membership that "no Croom can catch".

?

• Haha (+1) 1

If his last 2 seasons he had been able to play with any consistency i would say yah because when he is healthy he is as good a TE as any in the league but being in Nashville & seeing his last 2 seasons gone up in smoke due to injury i think we should pass, besides we already have 1 TE Kroft that basically sat out almost a entire season because he was injured let's get him healthy first & see if he has anything to give before signing another injury plagued player .

5 hours ago, Dopey said:

I think that's called a position coach.

If you don't understand the difference between a position coach and a player whom you spend all day every day with, I can't help you.

Watch one episode of hard knocks or read any head coach interview re: veteran leadership and you'll get it.

56 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

If you don't understand the difference between a position coach and a player whom you spend all day every day with, I can't help you.

Watch one episode of hard knocks or read any head coach interview re: veteran leadership and you'll get it.

Oh, I understand the difference. 

"Not if they can’t be on the field and are nursing an injury on the sideline. That would be a waste of money"

If your response to the statement above is :" You're missing my point. They don't need to be on the field to make an impact."   trust me, I don't need or want your help. We have position coaches to help our TE's that won't cost cap space or spots on the roster. Hence, I replied with " I think it's called a position coach".                                                                Hard Knocks makes you an expert?! :lol: