Would you take a shot at Delanie Walker, 1yr cheap deal?

I feel we should at least bring him in on a cheap 1 year  deal. I know he is older and coming off an injury but this staff and front Office has made this type of move in the past. I don't feel it would hurt to have a solid vet like Delanie and Dawson knox at TE. 

Tyler Kroft on his best day is not better than Delanie Walker on his worst day. We all know why Croom is still around, Lee Smith is purely a blocker and I am fine with Sweeney. I like Sweeney as a development TE going forward. As of right now I would get Walker even as a red zone threat is better than all we have. We can rotate him in to extend his career at least for 1 year he doesn't have to play every snap. 

Edited by Marshallp29
  • Like (+1) 1

I’d take Walker in a heartbeat. He is older, but he can still do some things. People need to stop counting Croom as something. I love Knox, I like Sweeney’s upside and Kroft is going to be here. But bringing Walker into the room is not a negative at all. I’d rather draft Dalton Keene and use him as Fb\te hybrid

2 minutes ago, Marshallp29 said:

Tyler Kroft on his best day is not better than Delanie Walker on his worst day. We all know why Croom is still around, Lee Smith is purely a blocker and I am fine with Sweeney. I like Sweeney as a development TE going forward. As of right now I would get Walker even as a red zone threat is better than all we have. We can rotate him in to extend his career at least for 1 year he doesn't have to play every snap. 

2017 Kroft was very good. 42 catches, 404 yrds, 7 TDs... in a backup roll (only started 12 games, after Eifert was hurt)

No need, imo I think that Beane & SM are good with how things stand with the TE room. Of course when I say stuff like this the odds increase that we add someone...

Go Bills!!!

All our TE'S combined are no where near as good as Delanie. Knox has shown potential. Why cant you have potential and experience at the TE spot? Youth is great but a savy vet that knows his role, how to get open and is good at catching and blocking I would take for 1 year easily. 

• Like (+1) 2

Yeah, I would consider Walker. The reality is that Kroft may be an OK TE2 "if healthy", but he's never been healthy for more that several weeks at a time.  Smith is a blocker-only, & the penalties are a problem. I don't think we'd lose anything without those 2 guys, & I can't see both making the final 55 anyway.

Walker has actually been successful before, he's a 3x Pro Bowler. That's the type of mentor who could really help Knox develop.

• Like (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

He can’t stay healthy, this is like us going after Olsen. We need to get younger and healthier at the position.

I actually feel completely opposite of this. We already have "young and healthy" guys at the TE position.

What we need is a veteran presence to teach them technique every day and be a good locker room influence.

A guy like Olsen or Walker would be huge for the development of Knox, Croom, Sweeney and even Kroft.

• Like (+1) 2

I had this whacky vision last night that Jason Croom was going to come out of nowhere this year and snag a roster spot. Supremely athletic for the position, probably past his injuries now, plus he's banging the owner's daughter.

Watch out for Croom.

• Like (+1) 1