Brandon Beane press conference 4/2 & One Bills Live

41 minutes ago, Artem Lipatov said:

Yes. They so loved him preferring to dress terrible old Gore

I think that they continued to play Gore because:

1. Deference to his leadership and his long and highly productive career - I think this was a very big consideration for them.

2. Ball security - when they were in position to want to eat time, Gore was the guy they handed it to because he rarely fumbled.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

1. Deference to his leadership and his long and highly productive career - I think this was a very big consideration for them.

2. Ball security - when they were in position to want to eat time, Gore was the guy they handed it to because he rarely fumbled.

Yep. I think part of it was keeping their word to him that he would play if he came to Buffalo. Unfortunate, but that's what you get with high character leadership. They valued his leadership and locker room presence, as well as his mentorship to Singletary, and kept him happy with carries on game day.

17 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I agree with both of those but I still think if they indeed loved Yeldon as they say, they would have found a way to get him on the field even if it meant dressing both 

Edited by YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I agree with both of those but I still think if they indeed loved Yeldon as they say, they would have found a way to get him on the field even if it meant dressing both 

There are extra roster spots this year so maybe they think they can fit him in better?

22 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Beane likes, may not be the same as Daboll and to a lesser degree Mcdermott.  I think Beane sees a role similar to James White in this offense.  Somewhere between ability, knowlegde, and performance has kept Yeldon on the roster but not dressed.  Is he pass able as the backup?  Yes.  Would he be ideal? No.

55 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

How so?  It said he was talking to “other WR’s in free agency” likely referring to the likes of Emanuel Sanders.  Where did he allude to Hopkins?

He mentioned looking into trading for various WRs and some didn’t work out because the team wanted to trade to nfc ... something to that affect 

• Like (+1) 1

Matt Parrino -- who is against taking a running back with pick 54 -- is doing victory laps on Twitter right now based on Beane's comments about Yeldon. ?

It's coach/GM speak. If you believe that TJ Yeldon will be the opening day RB2 for the Bills then I have some oceanfront property in Idaho to sell you.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, H2o said:

I know we haven't advanced in the playoffs yet, but Beane/McDermott have torn it down and built this thing from the ground up basically in 3 years, while still making the playoffs 2 out of those 3, and after a 17 year drought. It's amazing to think we have a top tier organization, FO, and staff at this point, but it is becoming a reality my friends and fellow Bills fans. :thumbsup:

AMEN!   i will say that now when people hear that I'm a Bills fan, they react a lot different than in years past. In years past, the first words out of my mouth were....yeah I know my team sucks....yadayadayada.

Now even Pats fans are starting to show respect.

Edited by Allen2Moulds
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

Matt Parrino -- who is against taking a running back with pick 54 -- is doing victory laps on Twitter right now based on Beane's comments about Yeldon. ?

It's coach/GM speak. If you believe that TJ Yeldon will be the opening day RB2 for the Bills then I have some oceanfront property in Idaho to sell you.

In which case you are either A) living on an island, or B) at the bottom of the ocean.

I don't know if Yeldon has any trade value or if he ends up being cut in camp.

12 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Agreed.  I think that they'd have at least gotten Yeldon on the field for some plays if they really liked his game that much.

Beane is refreshing in so many ways for us Bills fans. First and foremost, it's obviously how he's built the roster and then managed the Cap, and then built a very strong FO. But also, as fans, since we don't hear from the GM in this type of interview very often, how he handles the questions and how he answers without pulling punches but at the same time without giving away their strategy or inner perspective, is simply wonderful. 

He provides depth of information without too much specifics that hinder their plans for the future and honest about players' contributions without leaving them out to dry for all the world to see. It's a nuanced dance of information exchange and I'm here for it. Once again, well done Beane! Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Singletary is a 200 carry RB IMO. We need another RB that will take 150 carries next year.

Beane is very good at what he does for the team, those that would throw shade at him are confused individuals. 

Unless CW is going to play, and even so, to me at least, it is obvious that another RB is going to be signed, being that we have DS, CW,  and Yeldon, no one else really counts. Not really a question at this point.

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply

If JK Dobbins, Deandre Swift or Jonathan Taylor start falling in the second round I believe good chance Beane trades up to get one of them.  Singletary is a nice player.  But he is not the game changer many think he is.  Need two good RB's to win in the NFL.  Beane loves to trade up.  We have 7 picks-more then we need.  I would be happy to come out of this draft w 3 or 4 good players.  RB WR and an edge rusher or CB.  Daryl Williams will solve our need at RT.  Still need at least a couple more weapons on offense.  Good D will only take us so far.   

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Hardhatharry said:

Everyone in keeper leagues that picked up Singletary with a late round pick...

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a2589f644b5ea87183e

Not sure that’s the reaction people would have after seeing Beane’s quote...the phrase “as it stands...” clearly means we currently have no one on the roster who is better, but the door is always open for an upgrade...

And this would make sense as the team showed last year that they did not view Singletary as a workhorse rb, but rather a 10-12 carry change of pace rb...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 2