Josh Allen focusing on deep ball, team communication in offseason work

7 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

I couldn’t careless about the deep ball. Give me a QB that can work those short to intermediate throws with precision accuracy all day over the occasional deep ball. I think those 10-20 yard throws is what makes or breaks a QB. Sure it’d be nice to see but I’d love to see the analytics on how much yardage and production comes for the average QB on passes over 40 yards. I’m guessing it’s not much. I prefer the death by a 1,000 cuts approach instead.

You want to force the other team to defend the entire breadth and depth of the field.  The more real estate they have to worry about, the less successful they'll be.  An offense must present a deep threat to be maximally effective.  

All this talk about trajectory and level shoulders is good.  But to me the problem seemed more mental rather than physical.  It seemed to me that Josh was throwing not to be picked instead of throwing to complete a big play.  I'm not saying, of course, that Josh consciously threw off target.  But I think the fear of being picked subconsciously effected Josh's ball placement.   

5 hours ago, njbuff said:

The throw to Knox in NE proved to me that he can easily do this.

It's year 3 for him and hopefully the "do it all himself" moniker is out of his system.

That final drive throw to Knox had zero ARC on it. He'll figure it out eventually but Josh forgets to make "touch" throws like that too often.

On 4/2/2020 at 7:35 PM, Mojo44 said:

You know, we have absinthe in our liquor cabinet but we just use it as an additive for cocktails. I’m going to have to drink me a big glass and see what happens. 

Don’t chug hit... ?

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Very nice, ?

He needs to work on his pre snap reads and blitz pickups just as much as his deep ball. 

Allen is the worst QB in  the league when blitzed and that needs to change 

On 4/2/2020 at 8:32 PM, njbuff said:

The throw to Knox in NE proved to me that he can easily do this.

It's year 3 for him and hopefully the "do it all himself" moniker is out of his system.

the reason he has the "do it himself" stigma bc Allen very much does most things himself. 

last year our talent and skill level on offense was mediocre at best. Allen was severely let down by his offense in the wild card game. Brown, Duke and Beasley all had poor games and his oline completely collapsed towards the end of the game. not to mentioned the missed block that would have won the game for us on the QB run. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Man he makes that look effortless.

He sure does?