Lamar Jackson, Antonio Brown, Marquise Brown Work Out Together in Florida During Pandemic

Gugny

Lamar Jackson worked out with Antonio Brown and Marquise Brown in Florida.

People can stop busting my balls for calling Jackson a moron now.  The other two are just as dumb.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/01/antonio-brown-among-lamar-jacksons-workout-receivers/

pft1-e1585778755806.jpg?w=560&h=316&crop

Edited by Gugny

I get social distancing, but its not like 3 people that don't have it can suddenly infect each other.  If they have been properly self-isolating and don't have symptoms then the chances are pretty high that none of them have it.  Now to what degree that is happening I don't know.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
covid-19 to covid-19 threads please
  • Like (+1) 6

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Since they don’t have the ability to test if symptom free, the whole point is they could have it AND  be symptom free, and infect others. They need to follow the direction that is out there. Maybe it would be ideal to have your scenario as laid out but that is not reality. So they need to act like they might have it and everyone else might have it. 

If they are symptom free and get tested wouldn't the test indicate whether they are infected or not? If that is the case then assuming that they are virus free and  quarantining themselves in the off hours then why are they at risk or putting anyone else at risk? 

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

If they are symptom free and get tested wouldn't the test indicate whether they are infected or not? If that is the case then assuming that they are virus free and  quarantining themselves in the off hours then why are they at risk or putting anyone else at risk? 

Yes but at least where I live, you can’t get a test if symptom free. Should we assume they tested in Florida? 

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes but at least where I live, you can’t get a test if symptom free. Should we assume they tested in Florida? 

These guys got money coming out of their asses. I'm sure that they will be able to make arrangements to not only get the test but quickly get the results. Some people get in the front of the line when going to the clubs by flashing the green stuff so it shouldn't be surprising for some people to skip the line to get the test and results in short order. 

Edited by JohnC
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Since they don’t have the ability to test if symptom free, the whole point is they could have it AND  be symptom free, and infect others. They need to follow the direction that is out there. Maybe it would be ideal to have your scenario as laid out but that is not reality. So they need to act like they might have it and everyone else might have it. 

Except you CAN test for it, that's exactly how they were able to stop it...people tested positive with no symptoms and they isolated them.  Again, its not like I am suggesting to do something that hasn't already worked in S. Korea and Singapore and is currently working in Germany...for God's sake they are sending people door to door in Germany to test people...that couldn't happen here? 

These countries are/were proactive in their response.  All the others have been reactive.  How has that worked out for the others?

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Some recent studies are finding that in 90% of infected individuals the first symptom that appears is a significant loss in the senses of smell and taste.   So maybe a good test might be a dozen or so hot sauce coated wings and blue cheese every day to make sure we're all virus free? 

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, JohnC said:

These guys got money coming out of their asses. I'm sure that they will be able to make arrangements to not only get the test but quickly get the results. Some people get in the front of the line when going to the clubs by flashing the green stuff so it shouldn't be surprising for some people to skip the line to get the test and results in short order. 

It’s possible that all 3 paid to get tested but I certainly would not assume that... especially with AB

4 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Except you CAN test for it, that's exactly how they were able to stop it...people tested positive with no symptoms and they isolated them.  Again, its not like I am suggesting to do something that hasn't already worked in S. Korea and Singapore and is currently working in Germany...for God's sake they are sending people door to door in Germany to test people...that couldn't happen here? 

These countries are/were proactive in their response.  All the others have been reactive.  How has that worked out for the others?

I didn’t say it couldn’t happen in the US, I’m saying it’s not happening. So i doubt these 3 got tested but who knows. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

I get social distancing, but its not like 3 people that don't have it can suddenly infect each other.  If they have been properly self-isolating and don't have symptoms then the chances are pretty high that none of them have it.  Now to what degree that is happening I don't know.

The problem here is that we have chosen to go into lockdown but are ignoring the most important thing which is mass testing of everyone multiple times, which has been shown to work very successfully in 3 places now.  South Korea, Singapore and Germany.  These countries all basically stopped the outbreak by identifying stealth spreaders who had no symptoms and isolated them.  None of these places got overran by the virus.  South Korea and Singapore stopped it with no lockdowns and no disruptions.  Germany is in lockdown but has almost no deaths from it and their ICU's are virtually empty. 

We are following the wrong method of stopping it, or at least not doing the MOST important thing which is identifying and stopping the stealth spreaders which are the ones fueling the virus.  Because from what I have heard there is no way in the bloody pit of Hades that someone who has started getting symptoms is in any shape to be going anywhere to spread it to anyone, other than EMT's or Hospital Staff

No disrespect intended, here, but this mentality is a very big part of the overall problem.

Viruses don't walk around spreading themselves.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

It's just a different animal in such a large country as the US. We're talking 83 million people vs 327 million people. 138 thousand square miles vs 3.8 million square miles. Plus you know in the US you'll have a bunch of wackos who refuse to be tested, just like we are having large groups refusing to self isolate.

So yeah, there is a better way but scaling that method is exponentially more difficult in such a large nation.

Plus, I'm sure international travel is a bigger issue in New York City than anywhere in Germany, S. Korea, or Singpore. And with the population density of NYC, they just didn't stand a chance.

• Like (+1) 1

Their combined wonderlic score is 3

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

And the 13 on the wonderlic starts to make more sense.

You bastard - beat me to it

they are sending people door to door in Germany to test people...that couldn't happen here? 

That worked out well last time Germany did that

image.jpeg.7b2dd9c3cc5954154eb4b098aef985f6.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, MJS said:

It's just a different animal in such a large country as the US. We're talking 83 million people vs 327 million people. 138 thousand square miles vs 3.8 million square miles. Plus you know in the US you'll have a bunch of wackos who refuse to be tested, just like we are having large groups refusing to self isolate.

So yeah, there is a better way but scaling that method is exponentially more difficult in such a large nation.

Plus, I'm sure international travel is a bigger issue in New York City than anywhere in Germany, S. Korea, or Singpore. And with the population density of NYC, they just didn't stand a chance.

Yeah, well unemployment went up by about 10M people in 14 days, with no signs of stopping. Adding that to our current unemployment rate puts at just under 10%. Those are 2008 numbers. Next week we will be at 1982 numbers. It took the country years to bounce back from those events. People are affraid of the upfront cost of logistics when the long term loss is actually much more detrimental. 

Edited by Mango
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Mango said:

Yeah, well unemployment went up by about 10M people in 14 days, with no signs of stopping. Adding that to our current unemployment rate puts at just under 10%. Those are 2008 numbers. Next week we will be at 1982 numbers. It took the country years to bounce back from those events. People are affraid of the upfront cost of logistics when the long term loss is actually much more detrimental. 

The cost is only a small part of the logistical issues.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

I agree, but they really needed to start this in the big cities on the coasts which is where it started...the huge middle section of country was largely unaffected for a long time, which would have dramatically lessened the square mileage while still hitting the major population centers(outside of Chicago).

NYC Population density: 26,100 people per sq mile

Seoul Population density: 45,000 people per sq mile

Seoul has close to double the population density as NYC which means the virus should have spread more rapidly there since people are literally on top of each other at almost double the rate NYC is...not saying this isn't valid to some degree but it would have been a much bigger issue in Seoul than it would have been in NYC...

Also Seoul is an outright larger city than NYC coming in ranked 6th largest city in the world with a metro area of 25.5 million versus NYC's 19.3 million.

Also I wouldn't make that claim about international traffic...in 2019 analyzing half year data, Seoul's Incheon Airport is 13th in the world in International Air Traffic at over 35 million people per year, JFK in NYC is 21st at 30 million...

Additionally you see Frankfurt, Germany at 15th with 33.6 million passengers and Singapore with 33.1 million right behind Frankfurt at 16th...both ahead of NYC's busiest airport...

Now, granted NYC has 3 huge airports, JFK, Laguardia and increasingly Newark but let's not make it out to be that these other airports have no traffic coming and going

image.thumb.png.1c2fc31a4d205b245fd27a1f655d02fa.png

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1