Cowboys sign Aldon Smith

8 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I didn’t see a separate thread on this and felt like circumstances warranted it. I really thought that it was an April Fool’s joke. He hasn’t played since the 2015 season!! Obviously he was a great talent but struggled mightily with addiction. 

This one is so interesting to me. Smith’s issues are well beyond that of Josh Gordon IMO. Gordon was a danger to himself. Smith was a danger to everyone. I hope that he stays clean and gets his life back on track. I’m just shocked that someone would take a shot on ANYONE this far removed from their last game, let alone someone with Smith’s checkered past.

Gordon smoked weed. He wasn't a danger to anyone. At all. In my opinion, he should get some type of reparations for all of the money in his contracts that he didn't receive due to his suspensions.

6 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

If the nfl really cared about cleaning up the league (they don’t), they would hold teams accountable and penalize them for repeating signing scumbags. Plastic face loves signings scumbags and he doesn’t suffer for it.  If his team got penalized a draft pick when one of these scumbags does it again, he would think twice about it.

but the nfl has some huge double standards.  Beat women ok. Silently take a knee ?.

Those things cant be compared to each other. Im sure Smith would say he would take it all back if he could.  Kaep is sticking to his guns even though he knows the repercussions  

5 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Reminds me of a number of years ago when Lawrence Phillips made a comeback After a few years off. I think the bills were close to Signing him; he ended up with the niners and was a shell of his old self. 

sadly, he ended up back in jail, killed his cell mate, and then committee suicide. 

Yeah he was a scumbag in college too. He dragged a girl down flights of stairs by her hair.

Phillips was an amazing talent. I liken him a bit to Eric Dickerson. Maybe a step slower but stronger.

A sane Lawrence Phillips would have been great in any era of football.

4 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Yeah he was a scumbag in college too. He dragged a girl down flights of stairs by her hair.

Phillips was an amazing talent. I liken him a bit to Eric Dickerson. Maybe a step slower but stronger.

A sane Lawrence Phillips would have been great in any era of football.

One of the most brutal domestic assaults you can imagine. He dragged her down three flights of stairs by the hair. Three! 

he also a few years later drove his car into a group of teenagers because he was mad.

the guy had a really troubled childhood and anger issues, and it did him in. 

• Like (+1) 1

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 2:34 PM, Jauronimo said:

Do you remember when someone was out of the league for 3 years for taking a knee?

How many players took a knee and are still in the league?

If you like Kaepernick so much, perhaps you should barrage the Pegulas with e-mails, urging them to sign him. They might refuse because they have a great fan base that they do not wish to alienate. They are probably more into turning a profit and increasing the value of the team.

Edited by Bill from NYC

31 minutes ago, TuelTime said:

Gordon smoked weed. He wasn't a danger to anyone. At all. In my opinion, he should get some type of reparations for all of the money in his contracts that he didn't receive due to his suspensions.

I’m fairly positive it wasn’t just weed (and I always defend the just weed guys). Gordon was/is an addict. He and Manziel were heading down a dangerous path but were much more dangerous to themselves. Smith has like a handful of DUIs and a domestic. He endangers others as well. That was my point.

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

How many players took a knee and are still in the league?

If you like Kaepernick so much, perhaps you should barrage the Pegulas with e-mails, urging them to sign him. They might refuse because they have a great fan base that they do no wish to alienate. They are probably more into turning a profit and increasing the value of the team.

If you hate Kaepernick so much maybe you should cut eye holes in your pillow case and burn some crosses on his front lawn.

This is fun!

1 hour ago, BillsMafia13 said:

Those things cant be compared to each other. Im sure Smith would say he would take it all back if he could.  Kaep is sticking to his guns even though he knows the repercussions  

Right, they cant be compared to each other, because their actions are apples and oranges.

Smith's were crimes and attacks on other people and he should be sorry.

Kaep performed a non-violent protest to draw light and support to people being abused, and he should continue standing up (or kneeling down) for what he believes.

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Right, they cant be compared to each other, because their actions are apples and oranges.

Kaep performed a non-violent protest to draw light and support to people being abused, and he should continue standing up (or kneeling down) for what he believes.

Kaep is out of the league, but everyone else who protested with him is still in the league. What are some key differences?

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Reminds me of a number of years ago when Lawrence Phillips made a comeback After a few years off. I think the bills were close to Signing him; he ended up with the niners and was a shell of his old self. 

sadly, he ended up back in jail, killed his cell mate, and then committee suicide. 

he was in camp with Bills.

8 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I think incognito is one concussion away from ending up completely brain dead. He still thinks he hears voices in his head. I was happy when we cut him loose. He was out of control

I do not say this flippantly but I fear Incognito has serious mental issues that need to be addressed when he is done playing or his life after football is going to be short. He thankfully has been able to channel some of his destructive force onto a football field. I hope he finds someone to help him 

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I do not say this flippantly but I fear Incognito has serious mental issues that need to be addressed when he is done playing or his life after football is going to be short. He thankfully has been able to channel some of his destructive force onto a football field. I hope he finds someone to help him 

Absolutely I completely agree, unfortunately I think he’s gonna end up going down the same road Seau did or he’s gonna end up like Lawrence Phillips or at worse OJ. Hope he gets the help he needs but I have my doubts he’s going to do that. I mean the fact that the Pegulas and everyone else had to hire extra security and permanently 86d Incognito from New era field says quite a bit. It’s hilarious to me that there’s people in this board that still defend him and say that Beane and McD made a mistake In cutting him even after all the bull#### he was pulling behind the scenes and the fact that he straight up quit on us after agreeing to take a pay cut lol. 

Edited by BuffaloBills1998

5 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m fairly positive it wasn’t just weed (and I always defend the just weed guys). Gordon was/is an addict. He and Manziel were heading down a dangerous path but were much more dangerous to themselves. Smith has like a handful of DUIs and a domestic. He endangers others as well. That was my point.

Wasn’t it rumored that he and Manziel were doing Coke at the clubs in Cleveland? Plus someone got a picture of Manziel coming out of the bathroom with a rolled up 20 dollar bill.

Edited by BuffaloBills1998

4 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Not taking sides but sorry to say this is a business buddy, the cowgirls took a chance on someone they hope has changed.  Because he wants to change. If I interviewed like Kaep I wouldnt even sniff a call back.  This isnt UNICEF sorry to inform you.  Im done talking about Kaep gd

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Wasn’t it rumored that he and Manziel were doing Coke at the clubs in Cleveland? Plus someone got a picture of Manziel coming out of the bathroom with a rolled up 20 dollar bill.

I think the story is something like that. They were super close and were just on this bender for a while. My memory is a little fuzzy on it but remember it being messy.

On 4/2/2020 at 6:26 AM, Kirby Jackson said:

I didn’t see a separate thread on this and felt like circumstances warranted it. I really thought that it was an April Fool’s joke. He hasn’t played since the 2015 season!! Obviously he was a great talent but struggled mightily with addiction. 

This one is so interesting to me. Smith’s issues are well beyond that of Josh Gordon IMO. Gordon was a danger to himself. Smith was a danger to everyone. I hope that he stays clean and gets his life back on track. I’m just shocked that someone would take a shot on ANYONE this far removed from their last game, let alone someone with Smith’s checkered past.

I hope he has himself together now.  Any clue what he has been doing the past 5 years (coaching somewhere, etc.--in addition to hopefully counseling/rehab).  I cant' believe his last game was 2015!  

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I hope he has himself together now.  Any clue what he has been doing the past 5 years (coaching somewhere, etc.--in addition to hopefully counseling/rehab).  I cant' believe his last game was 2015!  

I have no idea where he’s been. I didn’t read too much on it. 2015 to 2020 was just shocking to me. That’s crazy

• Like (+1) 1