Could Pats tank for Lawrence?

Could you see the Pats trying to tank for Lawence this year?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Could you see the Pats trying to tank for Lawence this year?

• Yes
    • No

21 minutes ago, Doc said:

Who do you think will go 1st?

There will surely be other teams who are worse than them, whether trying to tank or not.  My bet would be Jaguars, Redskins, Bears, Lions and Panthers will have worse records.

I think the Bengals are one too.  They had a bottom tier offense and defense a year ago.  They'll have a new QB and hopefully everyone doesnt get hurt again, but their defense still stinks and their offense will now have a rookie QB.  There's a decent chance they're right there at #1 next year and in line to move the pick for the best offer.  

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

bb is smart enough that he can run a ball control offense just running it and a little bit of throwing. esp if they get an athletic qb in the draft and use scrambling or something. not saying they will be more than a 5-6-7 win team but probably wont be the worst. 

You don't think a 5 win season would tarnish his resume more than an intentional tank where they go for a one season tire fire in order to get high enough where they could either get one of the top 2 qbs or trade for an established player?

In my opinion that would increase his legacy. The goal is to win super bowls, going 2-14 instead of 6-10 would get them back there much quicker. Or they could do what the bills did for 17 years and hope to make 9-7 instead of 7-9 and sneak into the playoffs.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Fixed

Greatest whiner is debatable. There have a bunch (including Brady). It’s tough to argue anyone else as the greatest ever though. He’s won 6 Super Bowls and played in 3 others. I hate the guy but he’s clearly in a class by himself.

2 hours ago, Doc said:

LOL.  No one said that.  He's appeared to be in decline and maybe that was his receivers (which wasn't a problem in the past) but no one said he's garbage.  He still threw for 4,000 yards and had a 3:1 TD:INT ratio.  Good luck finding someone to replace that and his almost 2 decades of experience. 

And his constant help from officials.

3 hours ago, Doc said:

If they tank, it will destroy Belicheat's legacy.  He doesn't want that and will do all he can to try and at least get them to the playoffs this year.  It won't happen, he'll probably stick around for another year and then call it quits.

And winning a SB with a first-overall generational QB doesn't help his legacy either. 

Nothing is going to destroy the legacy of a guy who has coached 9 Super Bowls and won 6 of them.  Brady was terrible the first time they won.  He’s proven that he can win 11 games with a backup QB, and Vegas still thinks New England will win the AFCE.  His legacy is just fine.

8 minutes ago, Billl said:

Nothing is going to destroy the legacy of a guy who has coached 9 Super Bowls and won 6 of them.  Brady was terrible the first time they won.  He’s proven that he can win 11 games with a backup QB, and Vegas still thinks New England will win the AFCE.  His legacy is just fine.

Wrong.  If the team performs poorly and especially if they tank, people will start saying it was Brady that was responsible for the Cheaters' success and that he's the same coach he was in Cleveland without him. 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They lost Collins, Harmon and Shelton too. The front 7 should be significantly worse than last year. Their defense should still be okay but doubt that they are top 5.

Your bold prediction is that Trevor Lawrence will never be the greatest player of all-time? Way to go out on a limb there.

nah. I’m saying it’s not worth worrying about 

6 hours ago, ALLEN-2-DIGGS-TD!! said:

The Pat's are going to suck so bad everyone will say they are tanking even though the are not. Don't underestimate Belicheat he would definitely do it to rebuild a dynasty in a second.

I agree Belicheat more than anyone will know if his team will be able to compete for the playoffs/super bowl. I can easily see him tanking it if the season looks lost.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

Or he knows you need a franchise qb and has seen what finishing in the 6 to 7 win pergatory looks like close up in the afc east for 20 years and is the most calculated coach and gm in the league.

Great contribution

No problem.  Glad to help

• Thank you (+1) 1