Could Pats tank for Lawrence?

Could you see the Pats trying to tank for Lawence this year?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Could you see the Pats trying to tank for Lawence this year?

• Yes
    • No

Last month BB stood out in the rain to watch an on-campus workout at a small school in Tenn...his dad was a coach, he is coach, thats who he is and I dont think he cares much about other things other than listening to Bon Jovi while he works...looking forward to making him more miserable until he retires at age 89....

If they tank, it will destroy Belicheat's legacy.  He doesn't want that and will do all he can to try and at least get them to the playoffs this year.  It won't happen, he'll probably stick around for another year and then call it quits.

And winning a SB with a first-overall generational QB doesn't help his legacy either. 

Edited by Doc
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

if they trade gilmore and edelman maybe. they are still just a little too good 

Unless they do something drastic at QB, they're going to suck on offense.  And teams were beginning to figure out the defense towards the latter part of last season.

7 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

Would you be shocked if they actively tried to go 2-14?

I kinda think that’s what they’re doing.  I think that BB wants a ring without Brady to further prove his greatness.  A stud QB would go a long way toward that.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Unless they do something drastic at QB, they're going to suck on offense.  And teams were beginning to figure out the defense towards the latter part of last season.

bb is smart enough that he can run a ball control offense just running it and a little bit of throwing. esp if they get an athletic qb in the draft and use scrambling or something. not saying they will be more than a 5-6-7 win team but probably wont be the worst. 

• Like (+1) 1

The Pats are going to be in the running for the AFC East title.  It’s so funny.  They went 12-4 last year.  A lot of posters said Brady was washed up and garbage now.  Now that he is gone, they are going to completely fall apart apparently. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

The Pats are going to be in the running for the AFC East title.  It’s so funny.  They went 12-4 last year.  A lot of posters said Brady was washed up and garbage now.  Now that he is gone, they are going to completely fall apart apparently. 

LOL.  No one said that.  He's appeared to be in decline and maybe that was his receivers (which wasn't a problem in the past) but no one said he's garbage.  He still threw for 4,000 yards and had a 3:1 TD:INT ratio.  Good luck finding someone to replace that and his almost 2 decades of experience. 

I can't see it at this stage of the season in any possible way. That said, if they caught some really bad breaks and the team had a terrible record later in the season it would probably be a smart move.

Even at that I can't see BB tanking.

Consider this post just thinking out loud. :)

8 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

Would you be shocked if they actively tried to go 2-14?

Guess I'm in the minority here, but I would not say they are 'actively' trying to lose games... Like Miami last year, I think New England is not going to be mad if/when they lose.

Remember these are the same people that cheat or try to find an edge anywhere they can.  So if they can go with a rookie QB (2nd year technically) for this season and hope for the best... and only win 4-5 games... 'Well schucks, geez, we tried to win with the rookie, but it didn't pan out... Darn! we got the #1 pick...'

Lose one year to get a franchise QB... yeah, I can see them doing that.

The ego between the three headed dragons in NE are too proud to do something like that. Tom wanted to show he didn’t need Old Billy to be a winner. Bill wants to prove (again) that he’s the mastermind in NE and doesn’t need Brady to win. 

Kraft wants to find some comfort in both being able to win and seeing Tom at massage parlors in FL

14 minutes ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

I feel like Lawrence is one of these guys that people think will go 1st overall but won't  I dont think he will be the 1st QB drafted.

Who do you think will go 1st?

13 minutes ago, hjnick said:

Guess I'm in the minority here, but I would not say they are 'actively' trying to lose games... Like Miami last year, I think New England is not going to be mad if/when they lose.

Remember these are the same people that cheat or try to find an edge anywhere they can.  So if they can go with a rookie QB (2nd year technically) for this season and hope for the best... and only win 4-5 games... 'Well schucks, geez, we tried to win with the rookie, but it didn't pan out... Darn! we got the #1 pick...'

Lose one year to get a franchise QB... yeah, I can see them doing that.

There will surely be other teams who are worse than them, whether trying to tank or not.  My bet would be Jaguars, Redskins, Bears, Lions and Panthers will have worse records.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

Who do you think will go 1st?

There will surely be other teams who are worse than them, whether trying to tank or not.  My bet would be Jaguars, Redskins, Bears, Lions and Panthers will have worse records.

I totally agree it will not be easy getting that first pick.  Jags and Panthers are going to be bad this year...

Now, if the Redskins and Lions were smart, they are bypassing QB's in THIS draft that could change their franchise.  Tua and Herbert (franchise QB?) will be there.  I think they are silly for passing on a QB.

Not sure on the bears right now.

I know they lost a few players on defense - but it was one of if not the best defenses in the NFL last year.  Brady and the offense weren't really a well-oiled machine, and a lot of that had to do with injuries on the offensive line.  Well assuming Wynn and Andrews can stay fully healthy, they actually have a top unit there.  They have good running backs.  Assuming Harry develops some, they have some talent outside on offense.  And they still have 4 of the first 100 picks in the draft.  Plenty of chances to grab another QB to compete with the group they have, add some secondary depth, probably a LB.  

Honestly, with 7 teams making it?  I think they are in. Especially if they do well with the draft (12 picks means they probably move around a bit to get players that they want).

Edited by dneveu