Per Sal's interview with NFL schedule maker Mike North, Bills are a hot primetime games candidate this season

Logic

3 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

When networks are spending billions of dollars, you don’t think they should have a say?

They should have the biggest say in when and what time.

Not when the first Sunday night game of the season is always Cowboys Vs. Giants.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, MJS said:

I think I already answered that. No, I don't think they should.

Yeah, well good luck with your answer ever happening. There is your fantasy and then there is the reality of billions of dollars.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree and I think we could get a 3rd as well.... one of Seattle, San Fran and the Rams.

You really think the Bills will get 3 prime time games?

That is a lot for a team that was a wild card.

I think 2 prime time games is the most the Bills will get. Although they could get a couple of 4pm Sunday games, not counting the west coast trips.

12 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

We have an attractive slate of games too. 

Seattle @ Buffalo

Buffalo @ San Fran

LAR @ Buffalo

Chiefs @ Bills

Bills @ Raiders

Steelers @ Bills

All of those look attractive enough on paper to be in Prime Time and that is without the divisional games - Allen v Darnold and (if it happens) Allen v Tua both feel like possible MNF and TNF type games. 

Yes, Allen v Darnold has a lot of interest. Don’t forget Home & Away w/ NE* and up & coming Arz. Specifically, our Home schedule is very attractive.

33 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I think 2 prime time games is the most the Bills will get. Although they could get a couple of 4pm Sunday games, not counting the west coast trips.

Yea I think 3 is plausible. They are not just a wild card team. They are a wild card team most now expect to win the east playing a very attractive slate of games. 

• Like (+1) 3

14 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

They did last year. Dallas on Thanksgiving was scheduled in April and then they got flexed into two others at NE on Sat and at Pitt on SNF. Three is definitely possible but my guess is when the schedule comes out we see KC at BUF (SNF) and BUF at NYJ (MNF). If they are doing well then they probably get flexed into another one.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

They did last year. Dallas on Thanksgiving was scheduled in April and then they got flexed into two others at NE on Sat and at Pitt on SNF. Three is definitely possible but my guess is when the schedule comes out we see KC at BUF (SNF) and BUF at NYJ (MNF). If they are doing well then they probably get flexed into another one.

Yes they were, but being flexed into two games is not the same as being scheduled for those games prior to the season.

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

Yes they were, but being flexed into two games is not the same as being scheduled for those games prior to the season.

True. Then if we are going by the schedule release I will say the Bills get 2 primetime games.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Greg S said:

True. Then if we are going by the schedule release I will say the Bills get 2 primetime games.

I agree, 2 at the most, and maybe a couple of 4pm Sunday games, not counting the games they will play out west.

8 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I agree, 2 at the most, and maybe a couple of 4pm Sunday games, not counting the games they will play out west.

I can't remember the last time the Bills had a 4PM game at home or anywhere on the EC. Granted they have sucked for most of the past 20 years so they were never the nationally televised game on Sunday afternoon. I think the only 4PM games we get will be on the WC. I could see BUF at SF as a 4:25 start shown to the entire country.

It must have turned some heads around the league when the Thanksgiving game was highest rated in 27 years, and the highest rated game overall in 3 years.  There are lots of Bills fans throughout the country eager to tune in, especially when they are a solid team.  Same with the Saturday NE game

17 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

The point is all moot this season anyway ... there won't be any games played.

The NHL and NBA are done. Their will be no playoffs. At best baseball could have an 80-90 game season but they might also be done. The NFL because of the revenues they generate thru their TV contract might be able to pull off the season without fans in attendance. The TV ratings would be extremely high more so than they usually are. If any league/sport can make it work (no fans at the games) its the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

So it is no longer true the Bills play at 1PM on Sunday.  There have been years that every game or every game but one has been 1PM Sunday.....nice to get some national attention.  At the same time, I am not an early bird and staying up for Sunday and Monday nighters is not my favorite thing but I will do it for the Bills.  Normally I am out by halftime.

5 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

We had 2 of the highest rated games of the season. I think 2 is a minimum and 3 is probable.

I understand the sentiment that this is a sport and sports should be fair to all and evenhanded with all teams, however that flies in the face of the cold hard fact this the NFL is an entertainment company in the business of making money. The big market teams, who bring in more revenue for the league will always be favored. Smaller markets like Green Bay get attention because they do have a national audience and well, they are good. Mid to small-market teams have to be good/entertaining and increase their share of bandwagon fans in order to get a fair shake with the league, that includes ref'ing and the schedule makers. I don't need to point out to refs telling Cam he hasn't "earned" certain calls or being told by Brady to watch for certain penalities and then subsequently calling those penalties to convince people here that there is bias in the system towards big names/bigger teams.