Per Sal's interview with NFL schedule maker Mike North, Bills are a hot primetime games candidate this season

Logic

2 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

I came just for the people moaning about how they prefer 1pm games because drinking this, underdog that...

Get off my lawn !!! ? and lay off the Metamucil jokes... ?

Go Bills!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

We have an attractive slate of games too. 

Seattle @ Buffalo

Buffalo @ San Fran

LAR @ Buffalo

Chiefs @ Bills

Bills @ Raiders

Steelers @ Bills

All of those look attractive enough on paper to be in Prime Time and that is without the divisional games - Allen v Darnold and (if it happens) Allen v Tua both feel like possible MNF and TNF type games. 

I listened to it and I actually came away disappointed that there seems to be so much of a human component to creating the schedule. Teams have a say, networks have a say, and the schedule makers have a say. It gets very political very fast.

Now, I don't think anyone is trying to screw over any specific team(s), but I'd rather them just put it all in a computer that spits out the schedule in the most fair manner, and then the networks can choose which games to highlight for prime time each week, and then don't allow for any other concessions. Teams shouldn't have a say. Networks shouldn't have a say except for slotting games from the existing schedule. NFL schedule makers shouldn't have a say except to set the parameters of fairness in the computer.

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, MJS said:

I listened to it and I actually came away disappointed that there seems to be so much of a human component to creating the schedule. Teams have a say, networks have a say, and the schedule makers have a say. It gets very political very fast.

Now, I don't think anyone is trying to screw over any specific team(s), but I'd rather them just put it all in a computer that spits out the schedule in the most fair manner, and then the networks can choose which games to highlight for prime time each week, and then don't allow for any other concessions. Teams shouldn't have a say. Networks shouldn't have a say except for slotting games from the existing schedule. NFL schedule makers shouldn't have a say except to set the parameters of fairness in the computer.

If you recall three or four years ago the Bills actually made a formal complaint because for three seasons in a row they had the biggest differential in prep time between games as compared to their opponents. I think there was one year (might have been Rex's first one) we played FIVE games against teams coming off their bye week or a TNF mini bye.

I, like you, would rather they plug it all into a super computer to start with and then tinker a little bit when it comes out for TV purposes. I think the current system makes it too easy for so-called irrelevant teams to get screwed. The positive obviously is I don't think anyone sees the Bills in that category anymore. Most people see us as the likely AFCE champions and a team who could potentially control the division for a few years.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The positive obviously is I don't think anyone sees the Bills in that category anymore. Most people see us as the likely AFCE champions and a team who could potentially control the division for a few years.

Agreed.  I also think Josh Allen is a huge factor.  He turned a lot of heads on Thanksgiving.  He's a lot of fun to watch.

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Agreed.  I also think Josh Allen is a huge factor.  He turned a lot of heads on Thanksgiving.  He's a lot of fun to watch.

Yea he is fun to watch. He is top 5 I think in watchable QBs. He is an exciting young player. My #1 most watchable is still Famous Jameis though. I will be gutted if he is not starting somewhere in 2020. Every snap is an adventure. Though I wouldn't want him starting for my team necessarily!

Tre White really started to garner some national attention last year too and while corners are rarely reasons teams are selected for prime time having guys who the casual NFL fan has heard of helps. 

I think McDermott and Beane are a big part of it as well though when it comes to input from the league and people within it. The Bills haven't been run by people with such league wide credibility since Marv and Polian. Rex had media circle name value but I think the people in the league knew he was a busted flush. There is just a sense in the league - and my only real "source" says this to me all the time - that everyone he talks to about Buffalo says now "being run properly by smart people". Even the media loudmouth talking heads like Cowherd and Florio whenever they mention the Bills now seem to find a way to fit in "love the coach, love the GM". 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I realize I'm probably in the minority here, but I'm not one to really like the Prime Time games for the Bills. In years past it was because they didn't do well in Prime Time games, unless you go back to the Jim Kelly / Levy era. But recently it is simply because I really like watching the Bills game in the 1:00 slot. Now, Sunday night is good, but Monday Night and Thursday just sucks monkey ****. So, I'll be tepid about this idea until we can actually see the schedule. Now, that's the selfish part of me that likes to watch the games in my own way.

On the note of national interest and some due respect, that's great to hear and see. But can and will the Bills live up to it? I do think they'll be even better this year, but they have to prove it before anyone is going to give them more than just the nod for modest changes last year. Go Bills!

11 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

I came just for the people moaning about how they prefer 1pm games because drinking this, underdog that...

I like 1pm Sunday home games.

I get every other weekend off but my Boss allows me to book off Sunday home games if I am scheduled.

Away primetime games would be fabulous because I would never miss a game :)

Edited by JMF2006

10 hours ago, aristocrat said:

if it does start late they will just finish late. they're not giving up on that much money. 

Regular season games at New Era in Jan and playoff games there in Feb. Bills fans better put a plow in front of their jeeps/trucks or snowmobile their way to the stadium.

5 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Regular season games at New Era in Jan and playoff games there in Feb. Bills fans better put a plow in front of their jeeps/trucks or snowmobile their way to the stadium.

Should be fun in the Camaro ;) 

8 hours ago, zonabb said:

But what did Max say because that jock sniffer can't make it through a single appearance without gabbing on about his kid, who no one cares about. Yes, I think Sal is the worst of the worst in this town, gym class hero turned high school sports coach and teacher to somehow on the radio. Guy's terrible. 

What is your problem with Sal?  The guy does a good job & he is a good listen.  He played football back in his day, maybe not at the pro level but he knows what he is talking about.  

This is going to be such a fun year for Bills, we have been waiting a long time for this.  I can't wait until the fall & I do agree if they got to push the schedule back they will but their is no way they are cancelling games.  If they got to finish up in March they will.   

8 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Every winter is different in WNY.  I honestly shovelled maybe 3-4 times this year.  & most of that came in late November/early December.  This winter was not bad at all.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

We have an attractive slate of games too. 

Seattle @ Buffalo

Buffalo @ San Fran

LAR @ Buffalo

Chiefs @ Bills

Bills @ Raiders

Steelers @ Bills

All of those look attractive enough on paper to be in Prime Time and that is without the divisional games - Allen v Darnold and (if it happens) Allen v Tua both feel like possible MNF and TNF type games. 

My guess is Chiefs at Bills will be on primetime on SNF. Mahomes and Allen plus the Chiefs O vs the Bills D. Old AFL rivals. I also see the Bills at Jets on MNF. Darnold and Allen plus its a rivalry game that is usually competitive.

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

My guess is Chiefs at Bills will be on primetime on SNF. Mahomes and Allen plus the Chiefs O vs the Bills D. Old AFL rivals. I also see the Bills at Jets on MNF. Darnold and Allen plus its a rivalry game that is usually competitive.

I agree and I think we could get a 3rd as well.... one of Seattle, San Fran and the Rams.

7 minutes ago, Gordio said:

What is your problem with Sal?  The guy does a good job & he is a good listen.  He played football back in his day, maybe not at the pro level but he knows what he is talking about.  

This is going to be such a fun year for Bills, we have been waiting a long time for this.  I can't wait until the fall & I do agree if they got to push the schedule back they will but their is no way they are cancelling games.  If they got to finish up in March they will.   

Every winter is different in WNY.  I honestly shovelled maybe 3-4 times this year.  & most of that came in late November/early December.  This winter was not bad at all.

Same here in NJ. We barely got anything. Good thing I got gas for the snow blower just so I could dump it into my jeep. Glad that winter didn't show up this year considering everything we are going thru.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MJS said:

When networks are spending billions of dollars, you don’t think they should have a say?

They should have the biggest say in when and what time.

Edited by Binghamton Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

When networks are spending billions of dollars, you don’t think they should have a say?

They should have the biggest say in when and what time.

I think I already answered that. No, I don't think they should.

13 hours ago, Logic said:

It's a very interesting listen all the way through, and if you have 44 minutes, you should get to it.

Who has 44 minutes to spare?

now if you’ll excuse me, I have to go put the finishing touches on the HO scale model of Hogwarts I’m scratch building out of toothpicks. Today I’m focusing on the Astronomy Tower. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

11 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

It’s cool when the bills are on primetime because of the rare national attention.....but I like Sunday at 1 ?‍♂️I’ll take that 16 times a year TBH. I don’t want to wait. Unless it’s Thursday night (which is sooner) Give me Sundays at 1

Well of COURSE you do, Brian Moorman.....you were the best player on the teams that ONLY played Sundays at 1pm for a decade.

• Haha (+1) 1