Per Sal's interview with NFL schedule maker Mike North, Bills are a hot primetime games candidate this season

Logic

https://wgr550.radio.com/media/audio-channel/salsports-and-stuff-19-nfl-schedule-maker-mike-north

If anyone missed the interview Sal Capaccio had with NFL schedule maker Mike North on his show today, I highly suggest you hit the link above and check it out.

It's incredibly interesting to hear how much goes into this stuff, and it specifically sheds light on several interesting Bills topics.

Two tidbits -- though I really do recommend you listen to the whole thing -- of interest:

North said that the networks that have NFL airing rights come to the league each year with a wishlist of teams and games they'd like to have for their primetime and "Game of the week" slots. In past years, the Bills were never on those lists. This year, North says the networks all want Bills games, and that in his mind, he fully expects "multiple national prime time games" for the Bills. He cited how well rated the Thanksgiving Day and Saturday Night Pats games were, with the Bills-Cowboys being the most watched NFL regular season game all year. He made it sound quite definite that the Bills will be a significant prime time consideration this season.

Sal also asked him about the Bills fan conspiracy theory that the NFL purposely schedules a lot of late season home games in Buffalo in the cold winter months where seats go unfilled because Goodell wants a new stadium in Buffalo and this is way of goading the Pegulas. North said that notion is absolutely laughable and goes through the reasons why.

It's a very interesting listen all the way through, and if you have 44 minutes, you should get to it.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 9

Are there going to be 17 games this year?

1 minute ago, CSBill said:

Thanks Logic, this will be a good WFH listen tomorrow. ...... But, I call FAKE NEWS! We all know Roger hates Orchard Park. Next year, 5 games in December! ?

That theory backfired when the bills are contenders in December. Then, the games will draw attention, the TG antics will shine, and Buffalo will continue to look like the place to be in Sundays. After all, where would you rather be, then right here. Right now. 

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Are there going to be 17 games this year?

That theory backfired when the bills are contenders in December. Then, the games will draw attention, the TG antics will shine, and Buffalo will continue to look like the place to be in Sundays. After all, where would you rather be, then right here. Right now. 

No, this year starts 7 playoff teams per conference, next year starts 17 regular season games. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Can only hope there IS an NFL season this year.

Let’s hope we’re back to normal by September. .... But, I’m predicting a shortened season, 8-10 games, starting in October. And then an all-in 32 team play-off. You heard it here first. 

54 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Let’s hope we’re back to normal by September. .... But, I’m predicting a shortened season, 8-10 games, starting in October. And then an all-in 32 team play-off. You heard it here first. 

God, no.  Please no.

1 hour ago, CSBill said:

if it does start late they will just finish late. they're not giving up on that much money. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, CSBill said:

They wouldn't shorten the NFL season.

2 hours ago, Logic said:

https://wgr550.radio.com/media/audio-channel/salsports-and-stuff-19-nfl-schedule-maker-mike-north

If anyone missed the interview Sal Capaccio had with NFL schedule maker Mike North on his show today, I highly suggest you hit the link above and check it out.

It's incredibly interesting to hear how much goes into this stuff, and it specifically sheds light on several interesting Bills topics.

Two tidbits -- though I really do recommend you listen to the whole thing -- of interest:

North said that the networks that have NFL airing rights come to the league each year with a wishlist of teams and games they'd like to have for their primetime and "Game of the week" slots. In past years, the Bills were never on those lists. This year, North says the networks all want Bills games, and that in his mind, he fully expects "multiple national prime time games" for the Bills. He cited how well rated the Thanksgiving Day and Saturday Night Pats games were, with the Bills-Cowboys being the most watched NFL regular season game all year. He made it sound quite definite that the Bills will be a significant prime time consideration this season.

Sal also asked him about the Bills fan conspiracy theory that the NFL purposely schedules a lot of late season home games in Buffalo in the cold winter months where seats go unfilled because Goodell wants a new stadium in Buffalo and this is way of goading the Pegulas. North said that notion is absolutely laughable and goes through the reasons why.

It's a very interesting listen all the way through, and if you have 44 minutes, you should get to it.

5 of our last 8 games last year were away games. That conspiracy theory is stupid.

But what did Max say because that jock sniffer can't make it through a single appearance without gabbing on about his kid, who no one cares about. Yes, I think Sal is the worst of the worst in this town, gym class hero turned high school sports coach and teacher to somehow on the radio. Guy's terrible.