Levi Wallace called me!! - Answered questions!

Idk who saw that Levi Wallace made a post with his phone number, encouraging ppl to reach out.

So I sent a text yesterday. Followed by a picture of me in some Bills gear. About 30 minutes ago I get a CALL back! 

I asked him how involved McDermott was in the secondary. He said extremely involved and  immediately mentioned McDs attention to detail. 

Second question I can't discuss. I could, but I'm not a scumbag and wouldn't do that to Levi. 

Asked him how he honestly felt during his rookie off season where he went undrafted. He said he always knew he'd be here and was baffled by not getting picked. Was confident from day 1 and I believe him.

Great great guy. Super mature. I gained so much respect for him. He's definitely a process guy and he has serious potential to make a jump this year! And just really cool for him to have an almost 15 min conversation on the phone , real humble , fits the culture perfectly

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 25
  • Awesome! (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 5

5 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Second question I can't discuss. I could, but I'm not a scumbag and wouldn't do that to Levi. 

If it's about his junk looking like a particular type of root vegetable, don't worry, he told all of us.

• Haha (+1) 7

3 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

If it's about his junk looking like a particular type of root vegetable, don't worry, he told all of us.

???

Was a question about the secondary.  And I don't want to have people saying Levi said this player is this and that.

13 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Idk who saw that Levi Wallace made a post with his phone number, encouraging ppl to reach out.

So I sent a text yesterday. Followed by a picture of me in some Bills gear. About 30 minutes ago I get a CALL back! 

I asked him how involved McDermott was in the secondary. He said extremely involved and  immediately mentioned McDs attention to detail. 

Asked him how he honestly felt during his rookie off season where he went undrafted. He said he always knew he'd be here and was baffled by not getting picked. Was confident from day 1 and I believe him.

Great great guy. Super mature. I gained so much respect for him. He's definitely a process guy and he has serious potential to make a jump this year! 

Wait.  He always knew he'd be in buffalo?  Like, even before the draft?

That's awesome. I sent him a text and told him I thought it was cool to reach out to fans and being a positive boost during these uncertain times for people.

Very cool for him to do that, and he sent a classy reply. Rooting for him over Norman!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

Great great guy. Super mature. I gained so much respect for him. He's definitely a process guy and he has serious potential to make a jump this year! And just really cool for him to have an almost 15 min conversation on the phone , real humble , fits the culture perfectly

Spill the beans. Lol

Was a question about the secondary.  And I don't want to have people saying Levi said this player is this and that.

I know - you asked if Rachel's last name is descriptive.

• Haha (+1) 1

Got a call from him just now after messaging him yesterday. I don't know why but I messaged that with having chronic depression, it was really cool to see down to earth guys like him trying to lift spirits.  So he said he wanted to reach out to me to make sure I was doing okay and ask what I was doing to stay busy and entertained.  I almost cried.

Told him about the Barstool Sports GOATSim Madden thing which he thought was cool.  Brought up how people were joking about sending him nudes (he verified it hasn't happened), and asked him about where he thinks he'll line up when the opponent has 4-5 receivers considering the new CB signings (he has no idea, but is positive he could go anywhere and the D will be dominant with their coaching).

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, 1ManRaid said:

Got a call from him just now after messaging him yesterday. I don't know why but I messaged that with having chronic depression, it was really cool to see down to earth guys like him trying to lift spirits.  So he said he wanted to reach out to me to make sure I was doing okay and ask what I was doing to stay busy and entertained.  I almost cried.

Told him about the Barstool Sports GOATSim Madden thing which he thought was cool.  Brought up how people were joking about sending him nudes (he verified it hasn't happened), and asked him about where he thinks he'll line up when the opponent has 4-5 receivers considering the new CB signings (he has no idea, but is positive he could go anywhere and the D will be dominant with their coaching).

Yes he had that humble but hungry vibe McDermott preaches. That's a great story. Hang in there. I have bad anxiety and probably undiagnosed depression. Awesome to have a guy like him be so down to earth and use his status to spread positivity and joy.

Before we hung up, I asked if it was SB or Bust. He said on paper yes , but  honestly he can't tell because they haven't gotten together and he can't feel the vibe of the team. Was hoping he said hell yes , but appreciated the honesty

2 hours ago, BringBackFlutie said:

Wait.  He always knew he'd be in buffalo?  Like, even before the draft?

I meant always knew he'd be a DB at NFL level. Was surprised he went undrafted

• Thank you (+1) 2