TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Complete!

Virgil

32 minutes ago, Virgil said:

4 OT's already and the top 3 WR's gone.  Crazy

Only 2 picks I am not sure about are the Giants and Jets, I really think Simmons to the Giants and an OT to the Jets is how it will fall. Jets could be sneaky on a WR, but I think keeping Darnold up is there biggest need and they will pivot to WR in RD2. 

20 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Broncos could have something to say about that 

Curious to see if they are on the move for a WR or if they sit back

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

You think Denver will pick a QB? I think they like Lock a lot. 

Yeah, granted I had Lock as my #1 QB last year (by the time Kyler declared for the NFL, I was too busy to continue scouting), but I don't see any reason why they wouldn't like him now if they liked him last year...he played pretty well when he finally cracked the lineup.

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

Yeah, granted I had Lock as my #1 QB last year (by the time Kyler declared for the NFL, I was too busy to continue scouting), but I don't see any reason why they wouldn't like him now if they liked him last year...he played pretty well when he finally cracked the lineup.

I thought he played very well. I liked Lock more than most as well. I did have Haskins above him but not by much. Murray was my #1. 

With the 15th pick of the 2020 NFL draft, the Denver Broncos select C.J. Henderson, CB, Florida.

We were looking to add a WR or OL to protect/help Drew Lock, but we don't see value at either position at 15 the way this draft has unfolded. Secondary was a need going in to free agency with the loss of Chris Harris Jr. We did trade for A.J. Bouye, who is a playmaker when healthy, but this position is our biggest weakness on defense -- and the only real piece of the puzzle we need to be scary AF on D. Henderson is a stud and we're glad he fell to us.

@atlbillsfan1975 and his Atlanta Falcons are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

With the 15th pick of the 2020 NFL draft, the Denver Broncos select C.J. Henderson, CB, Florida.

We were looking to add a WR or OL to protect/help Drew Lock, but we don't see value at either position at 15 the way this draft has unfolded. Secondary was a need going in to free agency with the loss of Chris Harris Jr. We did trade for A.J. Bouye, who is a playmaker when healthy, but this position is our biggest weakness on defense -- and the only real piece of the puzzle we need to be scary AF on D. Henderson is a stud and we're glad he fell to us.

@atlbillsfan1975 and his Atlanta Falcons are on the clock.

Like the thinking. Lukewarm on the pick.

• Like (+1) 1

With the 16th pick of the 2020 NFL draft, the Atlanta Falcons select  K’Lavon Chaisson, Edge, LSU.

We run to the podi...wait is there even going to be a podium?! Anyway, Although we picked up Dante Fowler in FA and picked Tak McKinley in 2017  round 1, we just can’t pass on Chaisson. Chaisson will step in and immediately help with our pass rush needs. With Tom (The Cheater) Brady and Drew Brees in our division, we need to hit these old QB’s early and often. Matt Rhule and Joe Brady are going to want to pass the ball as well in Carolina.  DB was an option after losing Desmond Trufant, but we decided Chaisson is to good to leave on the board. Coach Q’s job and mine are on the line, we need a game wrecker and Chaisson could be that player from day one. 

@GunnerBill and his Dallas Cowgirls are now on the clock.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Like the thinking. Lukewarm on the pick.

One of the biggest knocks on him is his inconsistency. I think a strong defense like the Broncos is the right fit. BUT I did make the pick with the presumption that Denver is going to add a vet. Prince Amukamara should be that vet. He's 31 and has maybe one or two years left. C.J. can learn a lot from a guy like that, and ease in to replacing him.

It really did take the full hour to make the pick. I understand the WR run, but I didn't foresee all those OLs gone so early.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

One of the biggest knocks on him is his inconsistency. I think a strong defense like the Broncos is the right fit. BUT I did make the pick with the presumption that Denver is going to add a vet. Prince Amukamara should be that vet. He's 31 and has maybe one or two years left. C.J. can learn a lot from a guy like that, and ease in to replacing him.

It really did take the full hour to make the pick. I understand the WR run, but I didn't foresee all those OLs gone so early.

I think CJ is talented but the mental lapses really concern me. There are just too many for him to remotely be a top 20 player for me. 

19 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

With the 16th pick of the 2020 NFL draft, the Atlanta Falcons select  K’Lavon Chaisson, Edge, LSU.

We run to the podi...wait is there even going to be a podium?! Anyway, Although we picked up Dante Fowler in FA and picked Tak McKinley in 2017  round 1, we just can’t pass on Chaisson. Chaisson will step in and immediately help with our pass rush needs. With Tom (The Cheater) Brady and Drew Brees in our division, we need to hit these old QB’s early and often. Matt Rhule and Joe Brady are going to want to pass the ball as well in Carolina.  DB was an option after losing Desmond Trufant, but we decided Chaisson is to good to leave on the board. Coach Q’s job and mine are on the line, we need a game wrecker and Chaisson could be that player from day one. 

@GunnerBill and his Dallas Cowgirls are now on the clock.

I won't hold things up for very long.... 

With the 17th pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, America's Team selects - Kristian Fulton, Cornerback, Louisiana State University. 

In our first mock of the year I went with Xavier McKinney for the Cowboys and I still have him graded as the best DB available and with the Cowboys secondary as the most obvious weakness on this roster. However, since then Byron Jones has walked and HaHa Clinton Dix has arrived meaning the more immediate need is at corner. I might be the only person left who has Fulton ahead of Henderson as CB2 on my board but I still absolutely believe it. He is a day 1 starter. 

EDIT: The Miami Dolphins and @NewEra are now on the clock. 

Edited by GunnerBill

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I won't hold things up for very long.... 

With the 17th pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, America's Team selects - Kristian Fulton, Cornerback, Louisiana State University. 

In our first mock of the year I went with Xavier McKinney for the Cowboys and I still have him graded as the best DB available and with the Cowboys secondary as the most obvious weakness on this roster. However, since then Byron Jones has walked and HaHa Clinton Dix has arrived meaning the more immediate need is at corner. I might be the only person left who has Fulton ahead of Henderson as CB2 on my board but I still absolutely believe it. He is a day 1 starter. 

EDIT: The Miami Dolphins and @NewEra are now on the clock. 

I trust DBs from LSU and OSU the most. They really, really develop them. Fulton will be a good player as will Delpit (despite him sliding). 

• Like (+1) 1

Sorry for the delay.

the Miami Dolphins select Jordan Love, QB, Utah St.

Call me crazy, but this is my second favorite QB in the class.  Was hoping he’d fall here and it worked out perfectly.  The fins got their QB as well as a generational LB talent with their first 2 picks.  Similar to the Bills picks in 2018.  Super high upside QBs of the O and the D.  

Love has a lot to work on.  Let him sit for a year and enjoy the fitzmagic show in 2020 while we build the OL next offseason

• Like (+1) 1

With the 20th pick in the 2020 NFL Draft the Jacksonville Jaguars select Justin Jefferson, WR, LSU.

Jacksonville selected their franchise RT earlier in the draft and withe their second pick in Round 1 the Jaguars add a proven weapon in the slot with Justin Jefferson. He will help out the young QB  Gardner Minshew with quick accurate throws in the slot and gain a lot of YAC.

The Eagles @whatdrought are on the clock.

@Virgil

Edited by wppete