TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Complete!

Virgil

37 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Maybe this post violates the rules of engagement on a thread like this one, BUT: does anyone else think, and maybe it's been discussed in the first 20 pages I didn't pour over or even acknowledge until quarantine finally broke me, but...is Miami's first pick a bit bonkers? 

They ignore QB when everyone but Burrow has fallen to them at #5?! That seems crazy by mainstream standards. 

And I hate it. I don't want them to build a solid roster from top-to-bottom. I want them to swing and miss on an early QB, or at least spend years determining if a young QB is the right guy. Tua doesn't scare me in the pros. Please take Tua. 

I thought so at first, but maybe none of them are “their” guy and they are going the Bills route.  Year one was the purge. Year two is them building their defense and core line.  Year three is offense.  

They like what Fitz did and think they can get by this year with him.  If the reports about Tua tanking his interviews are true, maybe they don’t have a first round grade on anyone else.  

The rest of them have potential, but also question marks.  I think they would still take one of them with one of their many first few round picks, but bailing on Tua early wouldn’t completely shock me. 

Simmons makes a lot of sense to me in that defense. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Maybe this post violates the rules of engagement on a thread like this one, BUT: does anyone else think, and maybe it's been discussed in the first 20 pages I didn't pour over or even acknowledge until quarantine finally broke me, but...is Miami's first pick a bit bonkers? 

They ignore QB when everyone but Burrow has fallen to them at #5?! That seems crazy by mainstream standards. 

And I hate it. I don't want them to build a solid roster from top-to-bottom. I want them to swing and miss on an early QB, or at least spend years determining if a young QB is the right guy. Tua doesn't scare me in the pros. Please take Tua. 

Yes.  It has been discussed and the results show that I have ruined the draft for everyone.  You included.  For that, I truly apologize. I hope that this doesn’t cause any long term damage to anyone here.

Tua doesn’t scare me either.  That’s why I didn’t select him.  My selection should make a lot of sense to you

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

I think passing on Tua is a bit bonkers. But made less bonkers by the fact he passed for Jordan Love as opposed to Herbert. I don't like either as first rounders but Love at least has something. Herbert? Meh. 

9 hours ago, Billl said:

That pick is literally a steal.  From the Chiefs who drafted him in the second round.

sorry guys i didnt think i saw him and hadnt crossed him off the list. 

raiders select troy pride cb university of notre dame

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

@BuffaloHokie13 when we finish round 3 is it possible to post like the 10 best players still available? It’d be interesting to see. This draft is a pretty honest crack at what may happen.

Sure, I can check some other boards too if anyone has recs. DJ's is only top 50, so max of 1 left from his. McShay is top 99, so likely only a handful there. Miller's is top 150, so I can definitely pull 10. I could check draft network or something too.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Sure, I can check some other boards too if anyone has recs. DJ's is only top 50, so max of 1 left from his. McShane is top 99, so likely only a handful there. Miller's is top 150, so I can definitely pull 10. I could check draft network or something too.

SI has one - Kevin Hanson top 100.

With the 92nd pick in the 2020 NFL Draft the Baltimore Ravens select Jordyn Brooks, LB, Texas Tech. 

Our defense was exposed against Tennessee in the playoffs and earlier in the year against the 49ers. We aren't very good at stopping the run. Brooks, with his athletic ability, will go a long way to helping correct that problem. He was a highly productive LB at the college level who is physical, has that mentality on defense that you love to see out of your ILB prospects, plays sideline to sideline, and offers some pass rush juice from the inside as well. The things we see, which we feel can be coached, is his ability to cover where he wasn't asked to do much of that in college and sometimes he is more reactive than instinctive. Both will improve with coaching and repetition at the next level in our defensive scheme. 

@Philo and the Titans are on the clock.

Edited by H2o

I didn’t want to start another thread, but the Syracuse paper posted in an article this morning the latest draft trade chart.  I’m sure most of you saw it on the main page.  Crazy thing is if we traded our 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6h, and 7th, nothing next year and no current players, we still wouldn’t have enough per their point system which is probably based on Jimmy Johnson’s famous chart to get back into the back part of the 1st.  I l8e our players now, and don’t want to creep into next years trade bank again for a player this year.

So maybe we give later picks to get a little higher in the 4th or 5th, but I don’t see much else.

Anyway, thoughts from my draft guru friends.  Always open to you’re ideas if you can make the logical data driven argument, not a wish list.  We all can dream, but then there is the real world.

36 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Sure, I can check some other boards too if anyone has recs. DJ's is only top 50, so max of 1 left from his. McShay is top 99, so likely only a handful there. Miller's is top 150, so I can definitely pull 10. I could check draft network or something too.

18 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

SI has one - Kevin Hanson top 100.

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I will give you the top 10 left per my board too. I think I have 136 players grades so should be possible. 

Just thought that it may be interesting. It’s like at the end of the round when they have best remaining. 

With the 93rd pick in the 2020 NFL draft, the Tennessee Titans select Donovan Peoples-Jones, WR, Michigan.

We thought long and hard about selecting DL to help offset the loss of J. Casey, however we did not see the value here. Fortunately, we were surprised to see a talented WR such as DPJ still on the board. AJ Brown had a great rookie season, but Corey Davis has been largely disappointing and the depth in the room is not great outside of a solid slot in Adam Humphries. DPJ can come in day one as a reliable return man and will have every opportunity to become a valuable contributor with the starting offense. We anticipate DPJ will be the piece to balance out the offense ahead of another hopeful playoff bound season. 

@Doc Brown and the Green Bay Packers are on the clock. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I look at nfl.com draft tracker as a source. 

Sorry for the delay as I lost track of time. 

With the 94th pick in the draft the Packers select Bryan Edwards, WR, South Carolina

I gave Rodgers/Fromm their stud tackle and the next coming of Jerry Rice.

@Golden Goat is on the clock.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I didn’t want to start another thread, but the Syracuse paper posted in an article this morning the latest draft trade chart.  I’m sure most of you saw it on the main page.  Crazy thing is if we traded our 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6h, and 7th, nothing next year and no current players, we still wouldn’t have enough per their point system which is probably based on Jimmy Johnson’s famous chart to get back into the back part of the 1st.  I l8e our players now, and don’t want to creep into next years trade bank again for a player this year.

So maybe we give later picks to get a little higher in the 4th or 5th, but I don’t see much else.

Anyway, thoughts from my draft guru friends.  Always open to you’re ideas if you can make the logical data driven argument, not a wish list.  We all can dream, but then there is the real world.

That was basically my idea in another thread.

Stand pat in the 2nd and 3rd. Then package our 4th, 5th, 6th, 6th, and 7th to move back into the 3rd. Get 3 quality picks who actually have a chance to make the team and maybe even contribute right away.

On 4/1/2020 at 4:25 PM, Virgil said:

TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - NO TRADES

We are officially on the clock. ..

54 - Bills (TSW Poll) - Chase Claypool, WR, Notre Dame

86 - Bills (TSW Poll) - Josh Uche, Edge, Michigan

Not bad. I wouldnt be upset if that's how the draft actually played out.