TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Complete!

Virgil

18 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Man, I drive home from work, make a few stops, and of course that's when someone breaks the 4 hour rule and this whole thing comes to a standstill...

How dare you live your life and be productive! Rabble rabble! 

• Haha (+1) 1

With the 10th pick of the 3rd round the Cleveland Browns select Jonathan Greenard, Edge, Florida.

The original plan was to target G or CB as they were the primary needs followed by LB.  G and CB positions did not line up with the board.   You can never have enough pass rushers thus went with Greenard.  Greenard led the SEC in sacks and was named a first-team All-SEC and first-team All American. I worry a bit that he can play as well in a 4-3 but think he can adopt starting as a situational pass rusher..

The Colts and @bkep32 are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

With the 10th pick of the 3rd round the Cleveland Browns select Jonathan Greenard, Edge, Florida.

The original plan was to target G or CB as they were the primary needs followed by LB.  G and CB positions did not line up with the board.   You can never have enough pass rushers thus went with Greenard.  Greenard led the SEC in sacks and was named a first-team All-SEC and first-team All American. I worry a bit that he can play as well in a 4-3 but think he can adopt starting as a situational pass rusher..

The Colts and @bkep32 are on the clock.

Absolute steal at this point. 

On 4/6/2020 at 12:28 PM, NewEra said:

.......coming off of a season in which our D was fairly dominant and have started the offseason by signing, Addison, Jefferson, Butler, Klein, Matekavitch, Norman, Gaines and extended Poyer. 

.......coming off of a season in which we clearly lacked competent WRs and in an offseason in which the free agent WRs are trash and the WR draft class is one of the best in memory.  

........going into a season in which we have to give Josh Allen his best chance to take that next step. 

makes sense to me. 

Maybe a pass catching running back?

With the 75th pick in the 2020 NFL draft, the Indianapolis Colts select Albert Okwuegbunam TE - Mizzu

GM:  Not only did we lose ebron to FA we need some playmakers on offense for Phillip Rivers.  With drafting shenault earlier and now okwuegbunam, I think this gives TY Hilton some weight off his shoulders.

@DCOrange and the bucs are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, bkep32 said:

With the 75th pick in the 2020 NFL draft, the Indianapolis Colts select Albert Okwuegbunam TE - Mizzu

GM:  Not only did we lose ebron to FA we need some playmakers on offense for Phillip Rivers.  With drafting shenault earlier and now okwuegbunam, I think this gives TY Hilton some weight off his shoulders.

@DCOrange and the bucs are on the clock.

That's a good pick, though I am not totally convinced he is ready to make a big impact as a rookie. Might help Rivers' successor more than Rivers. Wouldn't surprise me if he had a Dawson Knox like rookie year. A handful of big plays but some mistakes and a lot of inconsistency.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

That's a good pick, though I am not totally convinced he is ready to make a big impact as a rookie. Might help Rivers' successor more than Rivers. Wouldn't surprise me if he had a Dawson Knox like rookie year. A handful of big plays but some mistakes and a lot of inconsistency.

Not expecting him to be george kittle in year one.  But he will probably contribute enough to take some pressure and coverage off of TY on some sets.  We still have steady ol jack doyle.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Have 3 starters and backups already.  5 Bills picks on WR?

So, to be clear, based on your math we've used 4 picks on WR, the draft isn't even here, and we've acquired 1 WR. Correct? Every single WR after the top 3 is replacement level.

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

No qb for Miami? Where do I sign up

Jordan Love with pick 18. Unless this is a dig at Love, in which case carry on.

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

So, to be clear, based on your math we've used 4 picks on WR, the draft isn't even here, and we've acquired 1 WR. Correct? Every single WR after the top 3 is replacement level.

Jordan Love with pick 18. Unless this is a dig at Love, in which case carry on.

Missed that sorry

34 minutes ago, bkep32 said:

Not expecting him to be george kittle in year one.  But he will probably contribute enough to take some pressure and coverage off of TY on some sets.  We still have steady ol jack doyle.

George Kittle wasn’t George Kittle his first year. He had what I think most would consider an amazing rookie season at TE and that was 43 catches for 515 yards and 2 TD’s.

I think the third round is a perfect round to pickup a TE. Good pick.

12 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I’d draft the kid in the second. He could replace Feliciano who is a free agent at the end of the season and move to center when Morse’s contract is up. 

More and more I think we should draft an OL in rd 2.  As long as there’s one we like.

• Like (+1) 1

With the 76th pick in the NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Terrell Burgess, safety out of the University of Utah.

This was easily the most difficult decision I had to make in this draft. In the first round, I had it narrowed down to whichever tackle fell, Kinlaw, or whichever of the 3 stud WRs was on the board. Ultimately Andrew Thomas was the only one that remained from that grouping, so easy enough.

In the second round, I was tempted by Ashtyn Davis and JK Dobbins, but I knew that I needed a WR that could come in and start on day 1 out wide and Michael Pittman was one of the very few that I was that confident in, so ultimately, it wasn't that difficult for me.

This pick though...this was brutal. I ultimately narrowed it down to Burgess, my heartthrob Amik Robertson, Josh Uche, Zack Moss, and Antonio Gibson. Ultimately, I decided to gamble on good RB prospects still being available on Day 3. Since this is my final pick of the mock, we won't know how that gamble turns out, but looking at who is still available, I'm comfortable thinking that I can get a starting RB and if not, there's starting caliber RBs available in free agency still. The same more or less goes for the edge rushers, except I'm just looking for developmental depth rather than a starter. Tampa only has two edge rushers right now though so that pick will need to be prioritized very soon (though again, there are starting caliber edge rushers available in free agency still so we could sign someone there). That left me with Amik Robertson, who I've loved throughout the draft process, and Terrell Burgess. Robertson has some size/athleticism issues that will give teams some pause, but his quickness, instincts, toughness, and ball skills give him a chance to become a great nickel corner IMO. In this case though, all of Tampa's corners showed promise last season as the year wore on. That was a pleasant surprise/potentially a fluke, but ultimately, corner just wasn't a disaster the way the safeties were last season. Justin Evans should be returning this year, which will help, but Burgess can step in and be a starter from day 1 (and he can line up in the slot if needed as well).

• Like (+1) 1