TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Complete!

Virgil

The Jets wake up to find their nightmare scenario is real...seeing their RT go 3 picks earlier, now Greg Williams is sent into a spittle fueled rage as Lewis is plucked right in front of them....

regrouping, with the 68th pick in the 2020 nfl draft, the NY Jets select Prince Tega Wanogho, OT Auburn. 

The prince is more athletic and has a higher ceiling than Wilson, but is relatively raw as he only started playing football in his senior year of high school. However, he could be Darnold’s blind-side protector in the near future.

@Kirby Jackson and the Panthers are on the clock. 

The Carolina Panthers have been agonizing over this decision. The 69th pick is something to take seriously. We’ve been debating between OL and DL. We even thought briefly about a QB. Our need in the trenches is too great on both sides of the ball though.At the end of the day we feel like the depth of the DL class at this point is better than the depth at IOL. That helped break the tie.

With the 69th pick in the 2020 draft the Carolina Panthers select Robert Hunt, OG, Louisiana-Lafayette .

Hunt is a big guy that can start at LG day one. He’s a big guy and a good athlete. He may project long-term as a RT. While Hunt is a bit raw, he makes a lot of sense for a team in our position. He can grow with the young core. We need help on the OL and this versatile, high-ceiling prospect fits nicely into our plans.

@NewEra and the Miami Dolphins are now on the clock

8 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Updated.  Hopefully, we can be done by tomorrow evening.

The plan is to start the final mock draft next Thursday

Virgil, do you think I could get in on that draft. I participated in the drafts the last couple years, but did not up to this point due to not feeling like I had a good enough grasp of the prospects to be helpful. I think I'm ready now though.

11 minutes ago, Watkins101 said:

Virgil, do you think I could get in on that draft. I participated in the drafts the last couple years, but did not up to this point due to not feeling like I had a good enough grasp of the prospects to be helpful. I think I'm ready now though.

Just keep a lookout for the signup post next Thursday.  I technically had one person control 2 teams by mistake, so there should be a spot.

Unfortunately, I don't work on the dibs method ?.

But yes, you were a reliable GM previously, so I'd be happy to add you

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

Just keep a lookout for the signup post next Thursday.  I technically had one person control 2 teams by mistake, so there should be a spot.

Unfortunately, I don't work on the dibs method ?.

But yes, you were a reliable GM previously, so I'd be happy to add you

Alright, will do. Thanks again for all of your work with this. 

@Virgil thanks again for doing this!! These mock drafts have become the best threads on the board each year. Everyone takes it seriously and is thorough. It’s the one time that everyone respects each other and the participants do a great job. Your organization and time really drive it though because it isn’t easy to manage. Thank you again for making these happen!!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

@Virgil thanks again for doing this!! These mock drafts have become the best threads on the board each year. Everyone takes it seriously and is thorough. It’s the one time that everyone respects each other and the participants do a great job. Your organization and time really drive it though because it isn’t easy to manage. Thank you again for making these happen!!

Well, I do my best to keep @Gugny out so the respect can stay at a high level

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Well, I do my best to keep @Gugny out so the respect can stay at a high level

Well, since you asked for suggestions …. How about the next one, you do a Chip Kelly Draft.  Only white players can be selected.

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Gugny said:

Well, since you asked for suggestions …. How about the next one, you do a Chip Kelly Draft.  Only white players can be selected.

There it is......

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

Isn't that called a Sherlock Holmes draft?

• Haha (+1) 1

The Miami Dolphins select Kyle Dugger, S, Lenoir-Rhyne.

we had difficulties selecting potential safties with back to back picks, but the cupboard was bare a that position.  After adding Ashtyn Davis and his speed to play FS, we add the thumping SS in Dugger.  We love his versatility to play in the box and potentially some LB in subsets.  

we went back and forth between Greenard and Ezra Cleveland, but settled on completing our secondary with what we feel is the perfect final piece 

@Johnnycage46 and the chargers are on the clock

20 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

No doubt.  Thank you @Virgil and @BuffaloHokie13

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

With the 67th pick the Detroit Lions select

Terrell Lewis, edge, Alabama.

We need to get more pressure on the QB and maintain contain on the edge. We see Lewis as the best option here for immediate production. 

This is a value pick - I would have guessed he would go by mid 2nd round with the premium on the position.

33 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Hear, hear. 

With the 7th pick of the 3rd round the Chargers select Ezra Cleveland, OT, Boise State.

We were happy to see the Dolphins pass on Ezra with the 6th pick of this round.  We addressed the offensive line in free agency but we feel the added offensive line depth is important and that Ezra will develop into a starter on our line in the coming seasons.

@Logic is on the clock.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Johnnycage46 said:

With the 7th pick of the 3rd round the Chargers select Ezra Cleveland, OT, Boise State.

We were happy to see the Dolphins pass on Ezra with the 6th pick of this round.  We addressed the offensive line in free agency but we feel the added offensive line depth is important and that Ezra will develop into a starter on our line in the coming seasons.

@Logic is on the clock.

I was looking at him for the Browns at 74.  Good pick.

• Like (+1) 1