TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Complete!

Virgil

Just now, Johnnycage46 said:

Passing league.  Would make sense.

I disagree with it making sense to spend 5 picks on 2 WRs, with one of them unlikely to see much playing time. 

Also, since it IS a passing league, offensive tackles and corners seem important too, no?

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

For those keeping track at home, this means the Bills have now spent this year’s 1st, 2nd, 5th, and 6th round picks and next year’s 4th on WRs. 

Yeesh.

.......coming off of a season in which our D was fairly dominant and have started the offseason by signing, Addison, Jefferson, Butler, Klein, Matekavitch, Norman, Gaines and extended Poyer. 

.......coming off of a season in which we clearly lacked competent WRs and in an offseason in which the free agent WRs are trash and the WR draft class is one of the best in memory.  

........going into a season in which we have to give Josh Allen his best chance to take that next step. 

makes sense to me. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, H2o said:

With the 55th pick in the 2020 NFL draft the Baltimore Ravens select Julian Okwara, DE, Notre Dame.

We needed some pass rush juice and it came down to Terrell Lewis and Julian Okwara. Both are solid prospects. Aside from the length, bend, and burst he has off of the edge, Okwara has the frame where he can still add another 8-10lbs as well. Not only can he get after the QB, but he plays the run as equally well and has shown the ability to drop in coverage. We just feel like Okwara is the more complete player for a defense at this time.  IOL in the 1st and DE/OLB in the 2nd. 

@NewEra the Dolphins are now on the clock. 

H2o picked a Norte Dame player? Well knock me down with a feather....

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, NewEra said:

.......coming off of a season in which our D was fairly dominant and have started the offseason by signing, Addison, Jefferson, Butler, Klein, Matekavitch, Norman, Gaines and extended Poyer. 

.......coming off of a season in which we clearly lacked competent WRs and in an offseason in which the free agent WRs are trash and the WR draft class is one of the best in memory.  

........going into a season in which we have to give Josh Allen his best chance to take that next step. 

makes sense to me. 

I hear you....to an extent.

With the amount of 11 and 21 personnel the Bills are likely to run, using their most premium pick on a WR4 that’s unlikely to see the field much just seems unwise. I’m all for the Bills drafting one or two WRs this year, but it’s such a deep WR class that using their HIGHEST pick on the position — after just spending their 1st on a WR, no less — seems unwise. 

In the context of this mock and who was available, it’s hard not to think a RB2 or a Cole Khmet Would have more impact on the offense.

Anyway...pick a WR or 2? YES! Use their most premium pick on that position? No way.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

H2o picked a Norte Dame player? Well knock me down with a feather....

There would be no more in this draft, trust me. Kmet, Claypool, Gilman, Okwara, and Kareem are the only guys I would want. The Ravens don't need a TE, Claypool would be wasted in Baltimore (but was drafted by the Bills), Gilman unnecessary, Kareem (already got Okwara), and that is all. 

The Miami Dolphins select Ashtyn Davis, S, Cal.

with Byron Jones and Xavier Howard at CB, the secondary needed some S help.  They get a burner that can play some man coverage and is a great fit at FS imo.  Put him back there and let him roam the deep zone with that speed.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

I disagree with it making sense to spend 5 picks on 2 WRs, with one of them unlikely to see much playing time. 

Also, since it IS a passing league, offensive tackles and corners seem important too, no?

I agree 100% that offensive tackles and corners are important.  But we are returning our O-line and I have full confidence in this front office to find defensive diamonds in the rough in later rounds.  Depending on what other players were on the board at the time of the Bills' actual pick in real life, I wouldn't mind if they went WR with the 2nd.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

I hear you....to an extent.

With the amount of 11 and 21 personnel the Bills are likely to run, using their most premium pick on a WR4 that’s unlikely to see the field much just seems unwise. I’m all for the Bills drafting one or two WRs this year, but it’s such a deep WR class that using their HIGHEST pick on the position — after just spending their 1st on a WR, no less — seems unwise. 

In the context of this mock and who was available, it’s hard not to think a RB2 or a Cole Khmet Would have more impact on the offense.

Anyway...pick a WR or 2? YES! Use their most premium pick on that position? No way.

I guess I differ in the fact that I just don’t see him as a WR.  I think he can see the field in red zone situations as a receiver and a blocker.  His run blocking can be a weapon in its own right.  He can play ST.  He can play TE.  I just don’t see him as a WR.  

edit:  I wouldn’t draft a speedy, route running 5’10 WR that can’t run block, isn’t a red zone threat and can’t play TE.  I think claypool the football player fits as we don’t have anyone like him.

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, H2o said:

There would be no more in this draft, trust me. Kmet, Claypool, Gilman, Okwara, and Kareem are the only guys I would want. The Ravens don't need a TE, Claypool would be wasted in Baltimore (but was drafted by the Bills), Gilman unnecessary, Kareem (already got Okwara), and that is all. 

But isn’t Claypool a WR?

@Logic says so.  

love you logic.  Always appreciate your knowledge, I just don’t like the way you’re currently pigeonholing him as a WR.  

@Billl and the Texans are on the clock

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

But isn’t Claypool a WR?

@Logic says so.  

love you logic.  Always appreciate your knowledge, I just don’t like the way you’re currently pigeonholing him as a WR.  

@Billl and the Texans are on the clock

I think Claypool is a WR personally. I also believe WR's are wasted in the Ravens' offense. I also think if they do take a WR it will be more of a possession type or a slot guy to go with Brown. They just traded Hurst so I wouldn't expect them to use a pick on Kmet. He was the TE I was referring to in my statement. :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, H2o said:

I think Claypool is a WR personally. I also believe WR's are wasted in the Ravens' offense. I also think if they do take a WR it will be more of a possession type or a slot guy to go with Brown. They just traded Hurst so I wouldn't expect them to use a pick on Kmet. He was the TE I was referring to in my statement. :thumbsup:

Don’t I look stupid 

lol

• Haha (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, NewEra said:

But isn’t Claypool a WR?

@Logic says so.  

Lol it’s all good. All is fair in love and quarantined draft talk!

I haven’t seen Claypool listed as anything other than a WR just about anywhere. In my mind, I picture an (obviously athletically superior) David Nelson. A classic Big Slot. If there is reason to believe that he can play in-line, too, or that he can complete a full-on Darren Waller style transition to TE, that certainly changes things.

Furthermore, if we want a big, tall, strong red zone weapon, I maintain that one can be found later than the second round. I like Isaiah Hodgins a lot, for instance.

In any case, I’m not gonna lose sleep if they pick a WR in round two, I would just prefer they wait until the third or later to start drafting WRs, given the depth of the position in the draft this year.

Edited by Logic
  • Haha (+1) 1

The Texans select Jordan Elliott, DL from the University of Missouri.

Elliott will control gaps as well as provide a pass rush up the middle while being versatile enough to play multiple positions along the line.  Houston struggled to get consistent pressure, and Elliott’s combination of size, speed, and quickness will allow them to get creative with the pass rush and free up opportunities for Mercilus and Watt.

1 hour ago, H2o said:

With the 55th pick in the 2020 NFL draft the Baltimore Ravens select Julian Okwara, DE, Notre Dame.

We needed some pass rush juice and it came down to Terrell Lewis and Julian Okwara. Both are solid prospects. Aside from the length, bend, and burst he has off of the edge, Okwara has the frame where he can still add another 8-10lbs as well. Not only can he get after the QB, but he plays the run as equally well and has shown the ability to drop in coverage. We just feel like Okwara is the more complete player for a defense at this time.  IOL in the 1st and DE/OLB in the 2nd. 

@NewEra the Dolphins are now on the clock. 

This was my vote for the Bills pick @ 54.  While I am not convinced he will be all pro, he should turn into a solid run and pass defender. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Billl said:

The Texans select Jordan Elliott, DL from the University of Missouri.

Elliott will control gaps as well as provide a pass rush up the middle while being versatile enough to play multiple positions along the line.  Houston struggled to get consistent pressure, and Elliott’s combination of size, speed, and quickness will allow them to get creative with the pass rush and free up opportunities for Mercilus and Watt.

@turftoe The Vikings are on the clock. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Lol it’s all good. All is fair in love and quarantined draft talk!

I haven’t seen Claypool listed as anything other than a WR just about anywhere. In my mind, I picture an (obviously athletically superior) David Nelson. A classic Big Slot. If there is reason to believe that he can play in-line, too, or that he can complete a full-on Darren Waller style transition to TE, that certainly changes things.

Furthermore, if we want a big, tall, strong red zone weapon, I maintain that one can be found later than the second round. I like Isaiah Hodgins a lot, for instance.

In any case, I’m not gonna lose sleep if they pick a WR in round two, I would just prefer they wait until the third or later to start drafting WRs, given the depth of the position in the draft this year.

I hear ya.  I love Hodgins.  Definitely a good fit.  

Maybe I’m clueless in thinking claypool could play situational TE.  I’m just putting his size and ability to block together and it seems like it could work if he were to learn the position.  It’s not always that easy.  

I’m not really advocating for WR in rd 2, I just think that Claypool, with his skill set and talent makes sense for our team as I feel he can fit multiple roles and we have no size with regards to receiving threats.

I’d really like to add a top notch OL in rd 2 as I think our OL still needs improvement.  My primary focus as this team currently stands, would be to give JA the best OL possible.  Not sure if Beane would thinks the same about Ford as I do though.  I haven’t given up on him, but I would still try and upgrade RT.  With Ford, nsekhe, d Williams and bates in the fold, RT might not be on his list.

the rest of the OL is solid, yet unspectacular. Not exactly what I’d like to put in front of Allen but hopefully playing side by side for another year will help and they’ll continue to grow into a dominant line.

there could also be great value at Corner in rd 2.  I’d have taken Arnette over claypool but I cheated and saw there was no chance he’d win, so I took claypool over CEH due to His similarity (imo) to singletary.  

I’d be very happy with swift, Taylor, dobbins, Akers and my boy Antonio Gibson in rd 2.  I guess I’d be happy with CEH because I like him, but I’d rather take the other guys over him.  

I’d love a pass rusher in rd 2 but I see the value at pass rusher in rd 3.  Just not a big fan of the potential pass rushers in rd 2.  They all seem like rd 3-4 guys imo.  Not much twitch from my eyes.

edited: added content 

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Logic said:

For those keeping track at home, this means the Bills have now spent this year’s 1st, 2nd, 5th, and 6th round picks and next year’s 4th on WRs. 

Yeesh.

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." -George Carlin

• Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." -George Carlin

Seriously. This just shows how glad I am we have a competent GM. Not sure why this bothers me so much but the fact that he got chosen by our fans annoys me. We are better than that pick.