TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Complete!

Virgil

With the 21st pick in the 2020 NFL draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select, Patrick Queen, LB, LSU. 

Our first (and second need) is WR but I don’t love the value here. Cracking open the safety market was tempting here, but it’s less of a need. Essentially, without being able to trade back, I like Queen.

He’s a raw prospect with all the upside in the world, and we don’t have much at the LB position. With Hargrave in the middle, our corners improved significantly, and this dog able to hunt sideline to sideline, I feel our Defense will be in much better shape, allowing us to look to WR I’m round 2. 

@turftoe and the Diggsless Vikings are on the board at this time. 

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

With the 21st pick in the 2020 NFL draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select, Patrick Queen, LB, LSU. 

Our first (and second need) is WR but I don’t love the value here. Cracking open the safety market was tempting here, but it’s less of a need. Essentially, without being able to trade back, I like Queen.

He’s a raw prospect with all the upside in the world, and we don’t have much at the LB position. With Hargrave in the middle, our corners improved significantly, and this dog able to hunt sideline to sideline, I feel our Defense will be in much better shape, allowing us to look to WR I’m round 2. 

@turftoe and the Diggsless Vikings are on the board at this time. 

Think you made the right pick. 

• Like (+1) 1

With the 23rd pick of the 2020 NFL Draft the New England Patriots select. Justin Herbert, QB Oregon

Patriots are happy to get their QB for the next Decade without having to move up. @MrEpsYtown and the NO Saints are on the clock. 

@Virgil

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, wppete said:

@Virgil lets keep this going for 3 rounds. We are all locked in and this will keep the spirits up on TBD.

You make me question why I even have an opening post to start these things ?

• Haha (+1) 6

So I know there are some good players left, but I must admit that this exercise makes me even happier that we traded our picks for Diggs. I feel like there is a bit of drop off around this time. I wanted Murray or Queen but they are gone. Demario Davis, Kiko, Alex Anzalone are all free agents next year and the Saints will be in a bad way cap wise, even if Brees retires. So I was going to take Justin Herbert but @MAJBobby just grabbed him. I do think the Saints are going to target Love or Herbert, regardless of what Sean Payton says about Taysom Hill. The Saints have needs at DT, LB, and in the secondary and at guard. 

Anyway, I think the BPA by far is Xavier McKinney and it fits a need for the Saints and I think they would be ecstatic to get him here. He's a great prospect to kind of pair up with Malcolm Jenkins who can kind of show him the ropes. McKinney is a DB with a lot of skills who can do a ton of things for the Saints in their secondary. The Saints only have 5 picks in this draft, and while they have a really good roster, the have a lot of free agents coming up and they lack depth. With McKinney they are getting an immediate impact player. 

So with the 24th pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, the New Orleans Saints select Xavier McKinney, Safety, Alabama. 

@turftoe is now on the clock. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

So I know there are some good players left, but I must admit that this exercise makes me even happier that we traded our picks for Diggs. I feel like there is a bit of drop off around this time. I wanted Murray or Queen but they are gone. Demario Davis, Kiko, Alex Anzalone are all free agents next year and the Saints will be in a bad way cap wise, even if Brees retires. So I was going to take Justin Herbert but @MAJBobby just grabbed him. I do think the Saints are going to target Love or Herbert, regardless of what Sean Payton says about Taysom Hill. The Saints have needs at DT, LB, and in the secondary and at guard. 

Anyway, I think the BPA by far is Xavier McKinney and it fits a need for the Saints and I think they would be ecstatic to get him here. He's a great prospect to kind of pair up with Malcolm Jenkins who can kind of show him the ropes. McKinney is a DB with a lot of skills who can do a ton of things for the Saints in their secondary. The Saints only have 5 picks in this draft, and while they have a really good roster, the have a lot of free agents coming up and they lack depth. With McKinney they are getting an immediate impact player. 

So with the 24th pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, the New Orleans Saints select Xavier McKinney, Safety, Alabama. 

@turftoe is now on the clock. 

Agree. McKinney is my #13 player. By far the BPA. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

The Vikings 3 biggest needs are CB, WR, and DE.

Gross-Matos has a lot of upside and fills a need. It comes down to WR and CB here at #25. Aiyuk is tempting but Higgins is more polished, has been well coached, and has played in many big games. He will pick things up more quickly. I'm not thrilled with the CB value here. So, with pick #25, the Vikings select Tee Higgins WR Clemson.

• Like (+1) 1

With the 27th pick of the 2020 NFL Draft, the Seattle Seahawks select, DE AJ Epenesa - Iowa

GM - With one of the bottom teams last year at getting after the QB, we only had 28 sacks last year.  Still hoping we can get clowney back into the mix but this pick was a no brainer for us.  We loved his work ethic and we have had him on multiple video conference calls. On tape this guys motor never stops.  He may not have had a great showing at the combine but the tape doesnt lie.  I dont think we land him if he didnt have a great combine, look at his teammate wirfs, who was a combine standout and went in the top 10, not sure he would have been in top 10 if it wasnt for that.  So this should help our pass rush moving in the future and help us get back to Legion of boom

@H2o the ravens are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, bkep32 said:

With the 27th pick of the 2020 NFL Draft, the Seattle Seahawks select, DE AJ Epenesa - Iowa

GM - With one of the bottom teams last year at getting after the QB, we only had 28 sacks last year.  Still hoping we can get clowney back into the mix but this pick was a no brainer for us.  We loved his work ethic and we have had him on multiple video conference calls. On tape this guys motor never stops.  He may not have had a great showing at the combine but the tape doesnt lie.  I dont think we land him if he didnt have a great combine, look at his teammate wirfs, who was a combine standout and went in the top 10, not sure he would have been in top 10 if it wasnt for that.  So this should help our pass rush moving in the future and help us get back to Legion of boom

@H2o the ravens are on the clock.

This is the PERFECT spot for Epenesa. There are a lot of places in the first round where I would really not like him as a pick. He is tailor made for Seattle's defensive scheme.