TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Complete!

Virgil

8 hours ago, njbuff said:

Yeah, they are almost the same QB.

And remember the kind of talent USC had at that time that made Leinart a high first round pick?

Tua might have a better NFL arm than Tua, but I honestly worry about Tua's ability to take a hit also.

I don't think they are the same Quarterback. 

11 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

If I had been in on these for the past 10 years you would get to see the Bills hire me as Co-GM with Beane or at least assistant to Beane. I covet the same kind of players he does, Kuechly, McCaffrey, we'd be on the same page for sure.

That being said this year there was nobody I am drooling over quite like the past 10 years. Ruggs III, Jeudy, other than that I'm kind of bored. Had there been an OT like Lewan this year I definitely wouldn't have hesitated.

No love for Lamb? For me Jeudy and Lamb are 1a and 1b. Don't get me wrong Ruggs is extremely talented. Just not 4th overall imo.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

With the 7th pick the Carolina Panthers select Jeffrey Okudah, cornerback, THE Ohio State University.

The Panthers have Okudah as the 3rd best player in this draft. He’s a long, athletic, rangy corner with All-Pro potential. After losing James Bradberry we have a need at the position. We didn’t expect him to be there but are thrilled that he was. We view him as a cornerstone to our rebuild moving forward.

@Logic and the Arizona Cardinals are now on the clock

If Okudah falls to 7th I would be stunned frankly. Since I have been doing this (2014) the only corner I had a higher grade on was Jalen Ramsey. I have Okudah just ahead of where I graded Lattimore who was in turn just ahead of Tre White and Marlon Humphrey. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

If Okudah falls to 7th I would be stunned frankly. Since I have been doing this (2014) the only corner I had a higher grade on was Jalen Ramsey. I have Okudah just ahead of where I graded Lattimore who was in turn just ahead of Tre White and Marlon Humphrey. 

Why would you be stunned? Even if GMs were so high on him as you to he can easily fall to 7. I'd say 2 QBs and Young are lock, with 3rd QB being very likely. That leaves only 2 guys to be taken sooner than Okudah. It is very likely that at least one team decides to take franchise OT rather than CB. Then throw in some random pick like Ferrell last year and Okudah goes 7. Lattimore who you mention went 11, after John Ross (!).

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Why would you be stunned? Even if GMs were so high on him as you to he can easily fall to 7. I'd say 2 QBs and Young are lock, with 3rd QB being very likely. That leaves only 2 guys to be taken sooner than Okudah. It is very likely that at least one team decides to take franchise OT rather than CB. Then throw in some random pick like Ferrell last year and Okudah goes 7. Lattimore who you mention went 11, after John Ross (!).

Because there are two generational level prospects in this draft in my mind. Chase Young and Jeff Okudah. There are lots of other potential elite guys - the three receivers a couple of the OTs and the two QBs. But if Okudah drops to 7 there are going to be teams ahead of that that reach for need and end up seriously regretting it. That said you are right it does happen. There was no way Ed Oliver should have dropped to #9 either, but he did. That stunned me too.

32 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Because there are two generational level prospects in this draft in my mind. Chase Young and Jeff Okudah. There are lots of other potential elite guys - the three receivers a couple of the OTs and the two QBs. But if Okudah drops to 7 there are going to be teams ahead of that that reach for need and end up seriously regretting it. That said you are right it does happen. There was no way Ed Oliver should have dropped to #9 either, but he did. That stunned me too.

I tend to agree here Gunner without soundly like too much of a homer. Okudah and Young to me are the 2 guys in this draft that are “idiot proof.” They get off the bus as high level NFL players with a chance to be elite. There’s pretty much no chance that either is worse than really good IMO (and I’ve seen every snap that they’ve played). When you add in the fact that they play premium positions it’s hard to imagine falling outside of the top 5. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Re: Okudah, I’ve seen a few people mention they think He Derain could end up being the #1 CB taken

If someone takes Henderson ahead of Okudah they should be shot instantly. Better to put them out of their misery now than be made to look an idiot over the passage of time.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I am not arguing that Okudh is elite. I don't watch college and even if I did I'd have no clue ? I completely rely on opinion of local experts (with you being among them in my eyes)

I am just saying that based on my experience with last 4 drafts I'd say there is 15-25% chance that Okudah in fact falls out of top 6. Therefore I won't be stunned.

With the 9th pick in the 2020 NFL Draft the Jacksonville Jaguars select Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa.

Thought about going WR here but Wirfs talent, versatility to play all positions on the line and athleticism was too good to pass up at #9. 

The Browns are on the clock @Virgil

• Like (+1) 3

At this point, if they could, the Jets would be looking to trade back 3-4 spots and pick up an extra 3rd, as they are 99% certain on who the Browns will select (if they don't they will grab him), and they have 4 players they would be very, very happy with after the Browns' selection....

With the 10th pick in the 2020 NFL Draft the Cleveland Browns select Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville.

The Browns need to protect Mayfield and while RT is good with Conklin, LT is a glaring gap.  Need and value meet at 10 with OT.

I was expecting to have no choice here but Thomas is also on the board.  While both good, Becton appears to have a higher ceiling.

The Jets and @TPS are on the clock.

12 minutes ago, TPS said:

At this point, if they could, the Jets would be looking to trade back 3-4 spots and pick up an extra 3rd, as they are 99% certain on who the Browns will select (if they don't they will grab him), and they have 4 players they would be very, very happy with after the Browns' selection....

Did I pick your OT?

• Like (+1) 3

The Jets were 100% correct. With the only other legitimate LT worthy of #11 gone (they would've moved Fant to RT), the Jets want to give Darnold a legitimate #1 and they get to flip a coin to choose, in their view, one of the 2 best in the draft. 

With the 11th pick in the 2020 NFL draft, the NY Jests pick (in the voice of Cary Grant), jerry Jeudy, Jeudy, Jeudy, WR Alabama.

Jeudy gives the Jets a true #1 (breshad who?) and turns what was a pedestrian receiving core into One that rivals the Bills as top in the AFCE. 

@aristocrat and the Raiders are on the clock...

• Like (+1) 1