TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Complete!

Virgil

1 minute ago, Logic said:

I would just like to go on the record with this: I supported Reed83HOF's fictional trade-up for a WR in the last mock draft. Full stop. Gotta get your young QB a bona fide number one receiver. People are just gun shy due to the Sammy Watkins misfire. It was a good move. 

Whew. Glad I got that off my chest.

I gladly would have taken Diggs for what we got him for. It is a much better trade than a 1, 2, and +++

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

I would just like to go on the record with this: I supported Reed83HOF's fictional trade-up for a WR in the last mock draft. Full stop. Gotta get your young QB a bona fide number one receiver. People are just gun shy due to the Sammy Watkins misfire. It was a good move. 

Whew. Glad I got that off my chest.

I hadn’t done my homework to really know what Higgins was worth yet. 

I just love the chaos and backlash. 

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

With the 3rd pick the Detroit Lions select

Derrick Brown, DT. Auburn. 

The NYG (@Sherlock Holmes) are now on the clock. 

Reason?

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Reason?

I'm a big "reasons" guy when it comes to these mock drafts. It ought to be a prerequisite for participation going forward that you include a little write-up explaining your pick. 

• Like (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Reason?

The Lions were hoping that the Redskins were going a different direction and Chase Young dropped. He wasn’t available, but that doesn’t change the fact that Detroit needs serious help along the defensive line. Mike Daniels, A’Shawn Robinson and Snacks out of the mix the need for a dominant DT was amplified. Derrick Brown is an example of need and BPA meeting. There was a faction in the war room lobbying for Okudah, but we decided that corners aren’t worth as much when opposing offenses don’t have to pass the football. 

• Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Wonder how the 95% of the complainers who wanted Higgins feel now?

BTW: what an awful pick by the colts

I don't think many of the complainers wanted Higgins. Most people here seem to hate him. The majority wanted either Shenault or Jefferson as I recall and were arguing, incorrectly, that there wasn't a big difference between the top 3 and everyone else. 

33 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

With the 3rd pick the Detroit Lions select

Derrick Brown, DT. Auburn. 

The NYG (@Sherlock Holmes) are now on the clock. 

Cat. Among. Pigeons. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think many of the complainers wanted Higgins. Most people here seem to hate him. The majority wanted either Shenault or Jefferson as I recall and were arguing, incorrectly, that there wasn't a big difference between the top 3 and everyone else. 

Actually, you may very well be correct. Now thhat I think about it, there was a very big Shenault faction at the time but, I don't seem to recall Jefferson in the conversation too much at that point; I think it might have been more DE guys AJ Epenesa/Yetur

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Cat. Among. Pigeons. 

Remember the thread where Shenault and Higgins were grouped with the top 3. It was something to the tune of “these 5 are universally regarded as the top 5.” Yeah, no!! It was ALWAYS 3 guys and then a lot of others. The Bills clearly wanted one of the 3 based on Beane’s interview today. He just thought that the price was too high especially with Diggs available. A home run for Beane.

5 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

The pick among mocks seems to be CB here but Brown is the best non QB on the board.

I disagree (and I like Brown). I think Okudah is the better player and I think that the drop off from Okudah to CB2 is greater than Brown to Kinlaw.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Remember the thread where Shenault and Higgins were grouped with the top 3. It was something to the tune of “these 5 are universally regarded as the top 5.” Yeah, no!! It was ALWAYS 3 guys and then a lot of others. The Bills clearly wanted one of the 3 based on Beane’s interview today. He just thought that the price was too high especially with Diggs available. A home run for Beane.

I still think Jefferson is closer to that group than the lower group. I don't think he gets to 22. Maybe 18-19, but for that price I much prefer Diggs.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I disagree (and I like Brown). I think Okudah is the better player and I think that the drop off from Okudah to CB2 is greater than Brown to Kinlaw.

Agree with every word of this Kirbs. 

And the final sentence especially. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I still think Jefferson is closer to that group than the lower group. I don't think he gets to 22. Maybe 18-19, but for that price I much prefer Diggs.

Whereas I think that is madness for a slot receiver. I am never picking a guy in the 1st I don't think can play outside. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Whereas I think that is madness for a slot receiver. I am never picking a guy in the 1st I don't think can play outside. 

I think he can play outside and big slot and should be moved around based on the matchup. Heck, DJ has him as his 14th best player right now, which is more than I can say.

4 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I think he can play outside and big slot and should be moved around based on the matchup. Heck, DJ has him as his 14th best player right now, which is more than I can say.

I could not disagree more with DJ either on that basis. To me his tape as an outside guy is an early day 3 pick. He is a potential pro bowler as a big slot. I just can't for the life of me justify taking that in the top 20 picks of a draft.

46 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I do think if making the pick you would go with CB as the talent is close and CB is the biggest need with Slay traded.  As a player I think Brown is higher rated but I do not not consider myself an expert.

1 hour ago, Just Joshin' said:

The pick among mocks seems to be CB here but Brown is the best non QB on the board.

I was a bit conflicted on the pick. However, they signed Trufant, and there’s a bit of depth at CB... Should be value there at the top of round 2. DT is a massive need for Detroit and the value was there for a top 5 pick. They need a day one starter on the DL. 

12 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

I do think if making the pick you would go with CB as the talent is close and CB is the biggest need with Slay traded.  As a player I think Brown is higher rated but I do not not consider myself an expert.

I think you’re also neglecting how bad their interior D line is. In an ideal world I would have traded back to 5 and selected whichever player of Brown and Okudah was left while getting another pick out of the deal. With a trade down to 7 I may have gone OT. 

50 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I could not disagree more with DJ either on that basis. To me his tape as an outside guy is an early day 3 pick. He is a potential pro bowler as a big slot. I just can't for the life of me justify taking that in the top 20 picks of a draft.

Sounds Jordan Matthews-ish