Bills In Top 10 for SuperBowl Odds

The Bills showed in principle how the Ravens can be beaten, but it still takes a great defense to accomplish it.  The Ravens are still going to make the playoffs even if every opposing team on the schedule uses Buffalo's blueprint.  Once the playoffs are here, almost anything can happen.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

The Bills showed in principle how the Ravens can be beaten, but it still takes a great defense to accomplish it.  The Ravens are still going to make the playoffs even if every opposing team on the schedule uses Buffalo's blueprint.  Once the playoffs are here, almost anything can happen.

The Ravens can adjust to how they were defended. It will require defenses to adjust again.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MJS said:

The Ravens can adjust to how they were defended. It will require defenses to adjust again.

Greg Roman is known to have a pretty focused offensive philosophy.  He spoke about it when he was OC for Buffalo.  Essentially, he believes in using a huge variety of running plays to force defenses to over commit to run defense (stack the box).  That will provide opportunity for the QB to make easier completions for chunk plays downfield.  As it happens, Lamar Jackson is just about the perfect QB to run an offense like that, because his running ability allows for a whole new layer of variations in the run game.  There are a lot of things, in terms of reads that Lamar Jackson is not good at.  Certainly, Greg Roman will come up with some wrinkles, and will try to change things up, but he is likely to still operate within his philosophical perspective, especially given Lamar Jackson's rather specialized skill set.  That means there is probably a limit to the variety he can bring to his game plan.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BisonMan said:

According to a tweet from Fan Duel

A bit shocked that the Ravens are that high as I think the league has figured out their offense (thanks in no small part to McD and the Bills).

Tampa Bay surprised me.  Switch out QB's and they have better odds than Buffalo... :blink:

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Based on these rankings, our 2020 opponents don’t look nearly as daunting as it did.

Rankings of teams above Bills at 9: 1, 3, 8

Ranking of teams below Bills at 9: 12 (2), 14, 15, 16, 19, 22, 23, 24, 27 (2), 28 (2)   

You really have to account for ties and alphabetical listing. The Patriots aren't 12; they're T-9. Same for Rams, Steelers, Chargers, Broncos and Jets.

17 minutes ago, Tortured Soul said:

You really have to account for ties and alphabetical listing. The Patriots aren't 12; they're T-9. Same for Rams, Steelers, Chargers, Broncos and Jets.

Shhh, you weren't supposed to point that out. Alphabetical or not, I like that Pats listed below us.

29 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

Cowboys don't belong ahead of Bills imho.

13 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

No, they don't. They are not nearly on the same level as the Bills.

Why is Vegas always so dumb?  I don’t understand how they stay in business.

56 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

Cowboys don't belong ahead of Bills imho.

Yeah, this is where predictions and betting odds tend to diverge. Odds-makers know certain teams draw more bets regardless of the actual likelihood of them winning. The Boyz tend to draw a lot of money in bets compared to a team like the Bills so they will get less favorable odds than the Bills until the money evens out. 

I think it’s comical that anyone looking at the teams would really think the Pats have a better chance of winning the SB than the Bills after having lost Brady. But, I get the betting odds being the same because of how people see the teams.

TMpa has a really talented team and yeah, it’s Brady, but he’s also 43, so talent doesn’t always mean a great team.  We play well as a team which I love.  I really like Arians and his staff, but can he make this marriage work?  He’s done it before with Big Ben, Luck, and Palmer, so we’ll see.

Honestly, I really don’t care as we’ll see in January, if god help we have a solid season.  Everything is up in the air now.  Hopefully this ends this summer.

4 hours ago, hjnick said:

Tampa Bay surprised me.  Switch out QB's and they have better odds than Buffalo... :blink:

Tampa has a very good roster. Winston throwing 30 ints was the reason they didn't make the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1