Emmanuel Sanders spoke to Bills asked for a night to think about it and we traded for Diggs

On 4/1/2020 at 9:04 AM, Reed83HOF said:

https://saintswire.usatoday.com/2020/03/31/nfl-trade-vikings-bills-stefon-diggs-saints-emmanuel-sanders-rich-eisen-show/

The implication certainly seems to be that if Sanders had accepted the offer Buffalo put on the table then and there, he’d be shopping for parkas and making the rounds as a new number-one receiving option in the Queen City. Instead, his delay meant that the Bills had to move quickly to secure Diggs before another team could beat them to the punch. It’s funny how things work out.

Sanders then turned to the rest of his experience in free agency, in which he weighed competing offers from the Green Bay Packers and a possible reunion with the San Francisco 49ers, who swapped multiple draft picks to acquire him at last season’s trade deadline.

“Then I kind of waited,” Sanders said. “I was talking to Green Bay, I was talking to the Niners. Just trying to figure out what kind of deal, what kind of money we’re talking about. And then the Saints called. And I ecstatic that they called, the opportunity to play with Drew Brees and everything, and the numbers made sense.”

Yes , yes ecstatic to play together with Breez and retire together the next year !!! 

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yes!  At that time of the year it’s quite routine for NFL GMs to call FAs  during “The Exchange Of Ideas Period”.   Money can’t be mentioned during this window of time.  Only “ideas” can be put forth.  Should such ideas be found to be mutually intriguing, they enter into the next round of calls known as “The Discussion of Hypothetical Remuneration”.  This continues for several more phases until a player may be signed.

As it turns out, no less than 4 teams would be eager to share their “Ideas” with Sanders before he decided he loved those of the Saints most dearly.

Ah, so now you're admitting that a) no money was discussed and no contract was offered, b) it was just an offer to see if he wanted to join the team which isn't binding in any way, shape or form and c) the Bills could and would have moved on when the trade for Diggs went through?  Glad to see you've come around like you always do but never admit, WEO.

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

If there was no offer, what was it that they called him about and that he told them he would have to think about? 

You can make up anything you want I guess.

As can anyone... 

he may just been saying in essence, I need time to decide if joining your organization is my best move, then gets on the horn with his agent to see who else is interested, meanwhile Beane has been working with Minnesota and reached an agreement, and likely told Sanders agent that they have made an alternative arrangement, it’s really not that complicated to work out what likely could have happened.

Shortly  there after the saints made him an offer and maybe he through his agent declined a role players position with the Bills, never can tell. 

I still think many FAs still look at the Bills with skepticism and this was an example of that, being Sanders was a bit taken back by the Bills moving on from him so quickly,  and that the Bills having multiple irons in the fire,  To include a much better player, Ego is always in play with professional athletes. Again it’s not that hard to come up with an acceptable premise for what likely went down. 

Makes for some fun supposition don’t ya think? ?

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

As can anyone... 

he may just been saying in essence, I need time to decide if joining your organization is my best move, then gets on the horn with his agent to see who else is interested, meanwhile Beane has been working with Minnesota and reached an agreement, and likely told Sanders agent that they have made an alternative arrangement, it’s really not that complicated to work out what likely could have happened.

Shortly  there after the saints made him an offer and maybe he through his agent declined a role players position with the Bills, never can tell. 

I still think many FAs still look at the Bills with skepticism and this was an example of that, being Sanders was a bit taken back by the Bills moving on from him so quickly,  and that the Bills having multiple irons in the fire,  To include a much better player, Ego is always in play with professional athletes. Again it’s not that hard to come up with an acceptable premise for what likely went down. 

Go Bills!!!

I'm sure most players see New Orleans as a perennial SB contender and they like to sling the ball.  He probably would have seen about the same targets in Buffalo as the #2 as he would have in New Orleans as the 3rd or 4th receiving option.

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Ah, so now you're admitting that a) no money was discussed and no contract was offered, b) it was just an offer to see if he wanted to join the team which isn't binding in any way, shape or form and c) the Bills could and would have moved on when the trade for Diggs went through?  Glad to see you've come around like you always do but never admit, WEO.

LOL, no.  I was mocking you and your latest contortionist act.

Did you really not notice that, Mr. President?

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

As can anyone... 

Go Bills!!!

I'll buy this for a dollar!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

LOL, no.  I was mocking you and your latest contortionist act.

Did you really not notice that, Mr. President?

My bad.  I really thought you were having a breakthrough.  Should have known better.  In any case, you're free do die on your island, as you usually do.

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

My bad.  I really thought you were having a breakthrough.  Should have known better.  In any case, you're free do die on your island, as you usually do.

Wow...Goodnight, Mr. Nix.