Emmanuel Sanders spoke to Bills asked for a night to think about it and we traded for Diggs

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I think it worked out best for all parties. And I dont think he told the story because he's hurt or upset, but rather simply to illustrate how crazy Free Agency is for the players.

Yup, been saying it worked out best for both parties.  And I get the part about FA but to add the "Okay" part like it was a surprise leads me to believe he either had an inflated sense of worth and/or never expected that could happen, when he should have. 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Why wouldn't he think that?  It's now clear that him not agreeing on the spot made them move on to their 2nd option plan which was to execute the trade for Diggs. 

It's clear the Bills weren't aiming to have both on the team. 

Ego, multiple skewers in the fire at the same time, maybe, maybe not. 

Go Bills!!!

1 hour ago, Doc said:

I think it's funny Sanders took exception to the Bills going for Diggs just 30 minutes after he told them he'd think about it.  LOL!

Like asking a girl to the prom. She's says she'll think about it. 30 minutes later the hottest girl in the school says yes to you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Yuck. Between this and the soccer comments, take this incel crap back to 4chan.

Lmao...please. Did you get your wife's permission to post that?

And I have never even heard of 4chan so why don't you enlighten us since you are likely a regular poster there.

Edited by matter2003

8 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Like asking a girl to the prom. She's says she'll think about it. 30 minutes later the hottest girl in the school says yes to you.

Yup, and the other girl wondering why/how that happened.

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think they would have taken both. Sanders likely just saw the trade and thought he would see more playing time in NOLA. Also not sure what the $ was. 

I thought the same thing, it's entirely possible Beane wanted both.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Yup, been saying it worked out best for both parties.  And I get the part about FA but to add the "Okay" part like it was a surprise leads me to believe he either had an inflated sense of worth and/or never expected that could happen, when he should have. 

He should have "expected" that, if he didn't accept the offer immediately that they were heading to the phone for a Plan B of dealing a 1st (plus) for Diggs?

lol.  That's pretty funny, doc.  

53 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Meh, draw the penalty if you can. Not like he scummed someone and then faked an injury like Edelman. No hard feelings.

The way he immediately got up and bowed to the crowd, after seeing yellow, is what burns in my memory. 

We make that stop, we have a better shot at winning that game, and the drought ends that much quicker.

Sanders was a solid choice but not sure how much he has left at best he has 1 maybe 2 good seasons left. Diggs will turn 27 in 2020, he has 3-4 prime seasons left if he doesn't get hurt and could probably be a high end WR2 into his 30's as his game will age well. Yes it did cost the team more to acquire Diggs but hey go for it. 

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

He should have "expected" that, if he didn't accept the offer immediately that they were heading to the phone for a Plan B of dealing a 1st (plus) for Diggs?

lol.  That's pretty funny, doc.  

No, he shouldn't have been surprised that the Bills moved on when he made them wait.  It was the first day of the legal tampering period and the Bills were looking to get deals done quickly.  It's not a hard concept, especially for a 10 year vet on his 3rd FA go-around. 

And Diggs was obviously plan A.  You don't just put a deal like that together in 30 minutes.

1 hour ago, K-No said:

Would've been interesting had Sanders called Beane back the next morning and accepted the offer,  after the Diggs announced trade.

He probably would have said "thanks but we got our #1 guy."

45 minutes ago, Doc said:

No, he shouldn't have been surprised that the Bills moved on when he made them wait.  It was the first day of the legal tampering period and the Bills were looking to get deals done quickly.  It's not a hard concept, especially for a 10 year vet on his 3rd FA go-around. 

And Diggs was obviously plan A.  You don't just put a deal like that together in 30 minutes.

He probably would have said "thanks but we got our #1 guy."

Then why did they bother calling Sanders first?   Plan A doesn't follow and unsuccessful Plan B, doc....come on.

9 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Then why did they bother calling Sanders first?   Plan A doesn't follow and unsuccessful Plan B, doc....come on.

The obvious answer is that they didn't.  The likely scenario is that the Bills were trying to upgrade the WR room and were already in the midst of discussions regarding Diggs, but also made an offer to Sanders.  I don't think the timing of when the Diggs trade took place is relevant other than it showed Sanders they weren't counting on him as a #1 and he saw that with Brown and Beasley (and now Diggs) on the roster he would be fighting for playing time.  So he decided to keep looking around.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, eball said:

The obvious answer is that they didn't.  The likely scenario is that the Bills were trying to upgrade the WR room and were already in the midst of discussions regarding Diggs, but also made an offer to Sanders.  I don't think the timing of when the Diggs trade took place is relevant other than it showed Sanders they weren't counting on him as a #1 and he saw that with Brown and Beasley (and now Diggs) on the roster he would be fighting for playing time.  So he decided to keep looking around.

Obviously they did, and if, during that call,  Sanders answered with "where do I sign?", there is no trade for Diggs.