Emmanuel Sanders spoke to Bills asked for a night to think about it and we traded for Diggs

https://saintswire.usatoday.com/2020/03/31/nfl-trade-vikings-bills-stefon-diggs-saints-emmanuel-sanders-rich-eisen-show/

The implication certainly seems to be that if Sanders had accepted the offer Buffalo put on the table then and there, he’d be shopping for parkas and making the rounds as a new number-one receiving option in the Queen City. Instead, his delay meant that the Bills had to move quickly to secure Diggs before another team could beat them to the punch. It’s funny how things work out.

Sanders then turned to the rest of his experience in free agency, in which he weighed competing offers from the Green Bay Packers and a possible reunion with the San Francisco 49ers, who swapped multiple draft picks to acquire him at last season’s trade deadline.

“Then I kind of waited,” Sanders said. “I was talking to Green Bay, I was talking to the Niners. Just trying to figure out what kind of deal, what kind of money we’re talking about. And then the Saints called. And I ecstatic that they called, the opportunity to play with Drew Brees and everything, and the numbers made sense.”

Edited by Reed83HOF
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

What did he need to think about? A night is a long time at the opening of FA. Do ya thing Beane

He probably was deciding between all of his offers. 

Just now, DJB said:

He probably was deciding between all of his offers. 

A whole night seems way too long at the opening of FA when 32 teams are frantically trying to improve their roster, even an hour is a long time to just sit on offers. Sanders is a very good player but he's not a superstar. Seems strange to me

• Like (+1) 1

I don't believe that Sanders was being looked at by the Bills as their #1 WR. He hasn't been that type of player since 2014-2016. I'm also fairly certain we had communication with the Vikings about Diggs prior to any ES discussion. Worked out better for us. 

• Like (+1) 2

Always fun to read about the maneuverings that the team goes through during free agency, always more than meets the eye so to speak. 
Glad we ended up with Diggs in the end, he’s a better option for our team. 

Go Bills!!!