Levi Wallace - gives out phone # to to pray for you or talk football today

I texted him earlier and he just called me back. Said he was working his way through a list of about 120 texts.

I asked him about playing for Saban vs McDermott. We talked about Atlanta. Nice dude.

I doubt many people will be bothered to abuse his number, and it's easy enough to block people nowadays. But yeah, it's probably a burner or an app-number.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, teef said:

Ok.  If this isn’t a request for me to send nude pics, I don’t know what is. Request granted!

What response did you get back teef? This is what he sent me back after only 2 seconds:

? ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Today's jargon is kind of lost on me, I think he's trying to tell me he wants to go hit up Applebees roadside pickup for some mini corndogs but can't be sure...

30 minutes ago, Augie said:

What’s next? Kissing babies? (That’s not allowed these days!)  This sounds like a clever ploy to become a fan favorite, making him tough to demote or cut!

I kid, this is absolutely awesome. I really can’t remember anything like this! Gotta love it! 

Tom Brady approved...

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Joe Biden almost did this on live TV the other night when he was feeling bad for people dealing with mental health issues due to COVID-19. It was crazy. Showed how pure his instincts are.

Kissing babies or giving his phone digits out?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

I called a couple hours ago, got the answering machine.   I hung up without leaving a message.

Fifteen minutes ago I was watching the video of the 1984 Bills upset win over the Cowboys when my phone rang.   It was Wallace, calling back.   I mean, who does that?   The guy is just talking to fans to make them feel good.   

I said about McDermott.  He said he is genuine.    It's about commitment, competing, and hard work, and the locker is full of guys who feel the same way.   They all buy the message and they all play for each other.   He said McDermott believes it, and believes he has a responsibility to do his job as well as possible, because he asks himself to commit just like he asks his players to commit.  

I asked him to compare McDermott to Saban, and he said Saban is the same.   Saban's more animated, but he has to be to get and keep the attention of the players, who are just growing up.   He said Saban cares about his players like McDermott does.  Demands perfection.

Says he knew Daboll, because he played defense against him every day in practice at Alabama.   LIkes him a lot personally.  I didn't ask what he thought about him technically.  

Nicest guy.   Just listened to me ramble on, ask questions.   

I love this. The gesture is so cool.
I would just like to thank him for his effort and compassion. kind of awesome really.

and thanks for sharing 66 !

1 hour ago, Augie said:

What’s next? Kissing babies? (That’s not allowed these days!)  This sounds like a clever ploy to become a fan favorite, making him tough to demote or cut!

I kid, this is absolutely awesome. I really can’t remember anything like this! Gotta love it! 

EDIT: I told a buddy about this and he called and left a message. He got a return call and this is a copy of a text summary of their talk: 

He called me back too - you’re right - who does that ??!! I asked him two questions [1] If players go back on July 1st and lose OTAs how much does that hurt the team? Answer: OTAs are not a big deal, it’s mainly relationship building. But July 1 with Training Camp is more intense and where you truly improve your craft. That’s what he is aiming for. For now, he’s working out daily and keeping up his conditioning and his strength.  [2] Where do you need to personally improve as a player going into the 2020 season. Answer: I need to improve in every aspect. I’m not satisfied one bit. Backpedaling, catching, reading formations, everything. We have a great secondary and I want to be a big part of it. [3] Told him how great it is to speak with the fans. Told him I’m calling from LA, watch every game, watch news on the Bills 365 days a year and wished him great success in the coming season. And I would now say thank you and goodbye so he could return the next call.

and that how to be a great fan right there !

Cheer them all.

Thank you Augie for sharing

• Like (+1) 3

Well, Levi is one hell of a guy for doing this, talk about a good hearted man. This is another part of why we are so fortunate to have the Owners, GM and coach we have, they bring in guys like Levi, Dion, and more. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 2

I never really looked into Levi’s playing history before today. Quite impressive that he walked on to Alabama and became a starter while winning the National Championship.  Then he goes un drafted  in the NFL and makes the team. It takes a lot for Person to do that. 

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

What a classy good guy!  Left a message, sure enough, he called me back.  I can't believe it.  A gentleman with class.

And a favorite forevermore for me.  Wishing him every good wish to lock down that starting cornerback job as long as he wants it.  I would not be against him given all he has overcome.  Says the defense is really close knit.  Loves living in Buffalo.

Go Bills!  Go Levi!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1