Levi Wallace - gives out phone # to to pray for you or talk football today

5 hours ago, Augie said:

WELCOME! Don’t praise Yolo too much. There was an occasion a month or two ago where he did NOT break a big story. It’s almost like.....I don’t know.......he might have a real life? 

VERY happy you, and more importantly your son, got that call. Awesome stuff, and maybe Levi can be the next Russ Brandon when his playing days are over! (Without the .....extra stuff, of course!) 

Augie, thank you for the kind welcome.  We “lost” our first son some time ago (Did not mention that to Levi) so this phone call really lifted the spirits of my other son - more than any words can say! It was a fantastic day for us thanks to Levi Wallace.  Can’t emphasize enough how graceful he was over the phone.  We definitely have a new favorite player in our home now.  Hope to chat and trade insight with you and others here as we enjoy our Bills.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

10 hours ago, rayray808 said:

Wow! Levi actually called me back and we chatted on the phone for about 5 minutes!

My question was this: what advice would you have for my student athletes regarding dealing with playing time? It seems this younger generation has the mindset of "starter" or "nothing": Mahalo and GO BILLS!

He was so awesome to chat with and had incredible advice regarding how players need to take everyday as an opportunity to continue to work hard and learn so that when their moment comes up, they can take full advantage of it. Another thing he shared, that really hit home with me, was that his goal in life is to not be remembered as a football player but rather a good friend, team mate, husband, or father one day, and that the work ethic behind doing your best for the group/others is the key towards achieving that.

What a genuinely good dude!

Imagine that in a moment of boredom, AB had come up with this idea...?

• Haha (+1) 4

Just texted him the following:

"Hi Levi, think this is so awesome of you to do during these times! Hope you and your family are staying safe and healthy.  Can't wait for the Bills season to begin, hopefully on time! #BillsMafia"

Let's see if I get a reply...

Levi is a genuinely good human being!

https://buffalonews.com/2020/04/01/buffalo-bills-levi-wallace-coronavirus-nfl-football/

As of Tuesday night, Wallace said he had received about 500 calls in about 7½ hours. He said he was returning each, in the order received. At the time of his conversation with The Buffalo News, he said he still had about 150 calls to return.

"I just wanted to check on Bills Mafia," Wallace said by phone. "Everyone's going through the same thing that I am, sitting at home. I just thought that people need to be encouraged."

I was encouraged Sunday with hearing a sermon that I heard about just trying to be an encourager to the people who need it," Wallace said. "He's just saying, 'Everyone's a minister, you take responsibility.' I just want to be able to pray for others and check in on people and make sure everyone's good and healthy. And if they had any football questions, I'd answer, but it really wasn't about football. It was just me trying to find my way and do the Lord's work and just check in on the people out there.

"So I want to call people and check on them and ask how I can pray for them. A lot of people are going through a lot more than I am. So I've prayed with people, I wrote some things down in my journal so that I can continue to pray for them later on. It's been a real blessing."

He stressed that he did not want the calls to be focused on football, even though the Bills created significant buzz last month with their blockbuster trade with the Minnesota Vikings for wide receiver Stefon Diggs and several free-agent acquisitions.

"My whole goal wasn't even to talk about football. It was more about the people and their well-being," Wallace said. "I heard their excitement (about the Bills' moves) and whatnot, but I was more focused on how they were as a person and not what the Bills organization has done thus far. There's life outside of football and it's just about being healthy right now and just checking on people's families and making sure everyone's doing the right thing and being safe, and I just say that I can pray for them if they need me to.

"It's bigger than football, what we're all going through right now."

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

13 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Other side of Danville near Martinsville but I’m in Danville regularly. Wife works there and has bumped in to Edmunds family members a couple times. Seems like a great family. 

What’s 616? Haven’t heard of that. There’s a 716Wings joint that offers authentic buffalo fair, but I just learned of them a couple weeks ago- they have a food truck that I’d gone to at some festivals in the area but I never knew they had a brick and mortar. I’ll definitely be checking it out next time I’m over there!

616 is a farm to table restaurant on Main Street north of the river. High end southern fusion at good prices. Moved back to Rochester a year ago, so I can’t comment on the current state of things. Still have my house in Buffalo Springs though, so I’ll be back down after this virus runs it’s course.

Wish I’d known about the 716 wings place. Good wings are a hard find down there. Best I found were the “crack wings” at Tailgator in South Boston. 

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

616 is a farm to table restaurant on Main Street north of the river. High end southern fusion at good prices. Moved back to Rochester a year ago, so I can’t comment on the current state of things. Still have my house in Buffalo Springs though, so I’ll be back down after this virus runs it’s course.

Wish I’d known about the 716 wings place. Good wings are a hard find down there. Best I found were the “crack wings” at Tailgator in South Boston. 

I googled it and it looks like it closed at the beginning of this year. Maybe to reopen later? I’ll have to check it out if so. 

There’s a place in Greensboro NC Called Homeslice which has great Buffalo food- wings, beef on weck, etc. I’m rarely down there but I have a sister who lives down there and will bring it up on occasion. Great wings! 

6 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I googled it and it looks like it closed at the beginning of this year. Maybe to reopen later? I’ll have to check it out if so. 

There’s a place in Greensboro NC Called Homeslice which has great Buffalo food- wings, beef on weck, etc. I’m rarely down there but I have a sister who lives down there and will bring it up on occasion. Great wings! 

I’ll have to remember that. My sister and her husband actually moved to Greensboro about a month after I moved back up here. ?. I’ll definitely be in that area in the future. Gonna be nice having a Wegmans in Durham as well. Absolutely worth an occasional 1 hour drive to stock up on proper hotdogs and other assorted WNY staples. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Junction said:

I’ll have to remember that. My sister and her husband actually moved to Greensboro about a month after I moved back up here. ?. I’ll definitely be in that area in the future. Gonna be nice having a Wegmans in Durham as well. Absolutely worth an occasional 1 hour drive to stock up on proper hotdogs and other assorted WNY staples. 

Yeah man! I haven’t been up to New York in a good bit, but it’s nice to get some good food when possible! 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Yeah man! I haven’t been up to New York in a good bit, but it’s nice to get some good food when possible! 

Lord. I introduced my family down there to Zweigles white hots almost 20 years ago. Since then I’ve had to bring a packed cooler down every visit for almost two decades. 

I shot him a text to let him know about the pick 6 i got with him in the Super Bowl in Madden yesterday and to wish him well. Lol...

He texted back: Thanks! be safe during this time man! Wash your hands and be healthy God bless Go bills! 

Edited by Motorin'

I sent him a text last evening around 6, which I specifically ended by saying no need to contact me back, and he just now texted me back this:

“what’s going on with me this is Levi just reaching back out hope your being safe! God bless and go bills! 39

Class act all around. How is this team not set up for greatness when the individual pieces know they are a part of something bigger/greater than themselves? 

Got crap for posting in the other thread so I'll mention it here too.  

Just got a call from him like 20 minutes ago.  He verified that no one has sent him nudes or tried to mess with him (good), and he doesn't know where he'll line up against 4-5 receiver sets (considering the new CB signings) but is confident with their coaching they will dominate regardless of who he gets put on.

He sounded like he genuinely cared about checking up on me when he mentioned he knew I had chronic depression and wanted to see how I was managing.

He’s still at it! I texted him yesterday just to tell him how cool it was and how many people he touched during a difficult time. Was very clear, no need to respond, I just wanted to say thank you. I’d rather he reached out to others, especially those with kids. (I’m no kid, believe me!) He just texted back. 

I have never been a jersey guy, just Bills gear.  My sons got jerseys. You never know who might be a knucklehead. Kyle was the only one who I felt confident about. Now Kyle has company. 

• Like (+1) 1