Levi Wallace - gives out phone # to to pray for you or talk football today

Wow! Levi actually called me back and we chatted on the phone for about 5 minutes!

My question was this: what advice would you have for my student athletes regarding dealing with playing time? It seems this younger generation has the mindset of "starter" or "nothing": Mahalo and GO BILLS!

He was so awesome to chat with and had incredible advice regarding how players need to take everyday as an opportunity to continue to work hard and learn so that when their moment comes up, they can take full advantage of it. Another thing he shared, that really hit home with me, was that his goal in life is to not be remembered as a football player but rather a good friend, team mate, husband, or father one day, and that the work ethic behind doing your best for the group/others is the key towards achieving that.

What a genuinely good dude!

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BuffBills51 said:

For some weird reason he is my sons favorite player. Left a message and text hoping he will reach out to him but know he has lots of Bills fans to get back to. 

BE3781D9-EE63-4FA4-93A3-9A8E04565CDE.jpeg

If he doesnt get a hold of you tonight, keep an eye on the phone tomorrow. When I talked to him around 4:30, he said he was going to keep working down the list for "another couple hours maybe" and then pick it back up tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BuffBills51 said:

For some weird reason he is my sons favorite player. Left a message and text hoping he will reach out to him but know he has lots of Bills fans to get back to. 

BE3781D9-EE63-4FA4-93A3-9A8E04565CDE.jpeg

It’s like Santa, spread pretty thin!  He got back to my buddy, I sure hope he gets back to you and your son! Nothing cooler than making a kid’s day! Something he’d remember forever. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

That’s it. Corner #2 is done. This team is Super Bowl bound. 

Super cool move by a guy whose always been one of my favorites. 

Think I’ll shoot him a text just to say I’m rooting for him. 

On a similar note, not sure if it made the forum or not, but the Edmunds brothers were in their hometown (near my town) last week serving lunches to school kids who are missing out on lunch with school closed. We got some really A+ dudes on our team- plenty to root for, and be proud of!

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BuffBills51 said:

What time did you text him. My 11 year son is really hoping he will call. 

I just texted him a most sincere and profound thank you, but no need to respond to me. There are kids out there who would benefit much more. Hope he gets to you and your son. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

On a similar note, not sure if it made the forum or not, but the Edmunds brothers were in their hometown (near my town) last week serving lunches to school kids who are missing out on lunch with school closed. We got some really A+ dudes on our team- plenty to root for, and be proud of!

Roundabouts where are you located down there? I spent the past three years living between Clarksville and South Boston. Used to go eat at The 616 in Danville every week or two. 

Edited by Buffalo Junction

1 hour ago, rayray808 said:

Wow! Levi actually called me back and we chatted on the phone for about 5 minutes!

My question was this: what advice would you have for my student athletes regarding dealing with playing time? It seems this younger generation has the mindset of "starter" or "nothing": Mahalo and GO BILLS!

He was so awesome to chat with and had incredible advice regarding how players need to take everyday as an opportunity to continue to work hard and learn so that when their moment comes up, they can take full advantage of it. Another thing he shared, that really hit home with me, was that his goal in life is to not be remembered as a football player but rather a good friend, team mate, husband, or father one day, and that the work ethic behind doing your best for the group/others is the key towards achieving that.

What a genuinely good dude!

Hi from Ewa Beach - Ewa by Gentry - Kauoha St.

I also got a call back from Levi about an hour ago.  Spoke to him with my 11 year old son. Levi is a first class gentleman!  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Via text:

5:05 PM Hi Levi, my name is Joe F.  I am a Bills season-ticket holder who lives in North Carolina.  I think that what you are doing to communicate with fans is tremendous, particularly at this difficult time.  Your story of perseverance through the grief of losing your dad is amazing.  You are an inspiration. Particularly to young Bills fans.  Stay well. God Bless.  Go Bills!

7:54 PM:  Thank you.  Just doing my best.  Have a great night.  God bless! And be safe!

Amazing young man!

• Like (+1) 4

I feel like calling him and asking if he likes nickname "Kid Flash".

The character's name in comic is Wallace. 

He seems a fun guy and should talk to DC comics about doing a guest appearance in comic (most likely just a page or 2).

Wally_West_II_(Rebirth_2016).jpg

Update: I sent text to him suggesting it.

Edited by Limeaid

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

We sat near Tremaine's mom, dad and maternal grandma at the Cowboys game.  First off Ferrell Edmunds is still a damn beast.  Second Tremaine comes from great stock.  Mrs. Edmunds and Grandma are the best.  We had so much fun talking with them.  This team is special.  Beane and McDermott know how to build a team that will bond and fight for each other..I think the Bills are built for the long-haul...

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Having a tough week and this whole thread just really lifted my spirits. Thanks Levi. 

Hope you feel better soon!  I’ve been reading your posts for what seems like several years, but I’m new to board with regards to leaving feedback. As it seems like with you, Levi really lifted the spirits of my 11 year old son and we had a great time with the phone call today.  Take care and best to you!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

Hi from Ewa Beach - Ewa by Gentry - Kauoha St.

I also got a call back from Levi about an hour ago.  Spoke to him with my 11 year old son. Levi is a first class gentleman!  

That's awesome for your son!

Go Bills!

23 minutes ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

Hope you feel better soon!  I’ve been reading your posts for what seems like several years, but I’m new to board with regards to leaving feedback. As it seems like with you, Levi really lifted the spirits of my 11 year old son and we had a great time with the phone call today.  Take care and best to you!

WELCOME! Don’t praise Yolo too much. There was an occasion a month or two ago where he did NOT break a big story. It’s almost like.....I don’t know.......he might have a real life? 

VERY happy you, and more importantly your son, got that call. Awesome stuff, and maybe Levi can be the next Russ Brandon when his playing days are over! (Without the .....extra stuff, of course!) 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Roundabouts where are you located down there? I spent the past three years living between Clarksville and South Boston. Used to go eat at The 616 in Danville every week or two. 

Other side of Danville near Martinsville but I’m in Danville regularly. Wife works there and has bumped in to Edmunds family members a couple times. Seems like a great family. 

What’s 616? Haven’t heard of that. There’s a 716Wings joint that offers authentic buffalo fair, but I just learned of them a couple weeks ago- they have a food truck that I’d gone to at some festivals in the area but I never knew they had a brick and mortar. I’ll definitely be checking it out next time I’m over there!

• Like (+1) 1