PFF says Bills have top 5 roster?

17 hours ago, GreggTX said:

In spite of all the whining and crying by many Bills fans, PFF has been brutally honest about the Bills and Josh Allen all along. Some folks just can't handle the truth. This is no different, but we still need to upgrade the OL.

Reading GreggTX mention whining and crying Bills fans while not even referring to himself might actually the the worlds cure for Covid.

I’m curious whether they claimed the Vikings had a Top 5 roster last year. Their roster was better than Buffalo’s is now. I really don’t buy that the Bills are suddenly Top 5 for getting Diggs. We have a really well coached defense, but don’t have guys that would turn into superstars on other teams.

Our secondary is top 5, but our front 7 are still largely unproven and unknown. Mediocre would be generous to our OL. If they claim Allen is this bottom 5 QB, I don’t know how they can justify claiming this is a Top 5 roster. 

This does seem like angling and posturing to try and level any shortcomings next year at Allen, while discrediting any success as being a product of the “great roster”. 

9 hours ago, Buffalophil1948 said:

True, but they also inherited a salary cap problem.  Took care of that quick

They also partly created that issue themselves. We have done this conversation to death.... but tearing down, accepting the dead cap situation and then rebuilding was a choice made by McDermott and Beane. I support the choice they made and it was important to embedding their culture in the building.... but it wasn't the only way to go when they arrived. They could have rebuilt on what was here, drafted a QB in that 2017 class and rolled from there. @C.Biscuit97 is right. They inherited a reasonably talented roster. I support the direction they went. I was kind of sick of reloads..... I thought we needed a more fundamental reset.

7 minutes ago, Troll Toll said:

I’m curious whether they claimed the Vikings had a Top 5 roster last year. Their roster was better than Buffalo’s is now. I really don’t buy that the Bills are suddenly Top 5 for getting Diggs. We have a really well coached defense, but don’t have guys that would turn into superstars on other teams.

Our secondary is top 5, but our front 7 are still largely unproven and unknown. Mediocre would be generous to our OL. If they claim Allen is this bottom 5 QB, I don’t know how they can justify claiming this is a Top 5 roster. 

This does seem like angling and posturing to try and level any shortcomings next year at Allen, while discrediting any success as being a product of the “great roster”. 

From memory they were very high on the Vikings roster last year. I think their 2019 roster was top to bottom the best in the NFL. That isn't the case now because their cap situation is now such that they are in the position where they have had to start shedding guys. But in 2018 and 2019 the Vikings were loaded.

Edit: As for our defense not having stars..... it has one bona fide star in White. One of the best safety duos in the league and two ascending potential superstars in Oliver and Edmunds. If those two take another step in 2020 the Bills may well be looking at a defense with a proven stud at each level.

My evaluation of the Bills roster at the moment is:

QB: average but hopefully ascending

RB: below average (only one credible option on the roster)

WR: good

OL: average

TE: below average

DL: average

LB: above average

DB: outstanding

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1